Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stryde nail detected by metel detectors?  (Read 492 times)

Tokito_Ohma

Stryde nail detected by metel detectors?
« on: January 10, 2021, 07:03:26 AM »

Hey guys, does the stryde nail get detected up by metal detectors? When going to the airport, hotels, private locations etc, they all have metal detectors.

I can imagine it to be quite awkward having to explain yourself in these situations and considering you will be keeping the nail for atleast 1.5 years, you'd be running into those situations quite often.

InFullStryde

Re: Stryde nail detected by metel detectors?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 07:42:48 AM »

Hey guys, does the stryde nail get detected up by metal detectors? When going to the airport, hotels, private locations etc, they all have metal detectors.

I can imagine it to be quite awkward having to explain yourself in these situations and considering you will be keeping the nail for atleast 1.5 years, you'd be running into those situations quite often.

This is a good question.  Fortunately, this isn't really an issue any more because most airports now require everyone to walk through the full body scanners.   They can see if you're hiding anything under your clothes and if you have hardware that is medically implanted.  They don't ask any questions.  I have walked through airports now on several occasions since my surgery and they never ask.  At most, you can say, "I have implanted metal from surgery", they won't ask anything beyond that.
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

Tokito_Ohma

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 07:53:53 AM »

This is a good question.  Fortunately, this isn't really an issue any more because most airports now require everyone to walk through the full body scanners.   They can see if you're hiding anything under your clothes and if you have hardware that is medically implanted.  They don't ask any questions.  I have walked through airports now on several occasions since my surgery and they never ask.  At most, you can say, "I have implanted metal from surgery", they won't ask anything beyond that.

This is true, however, say if you were with friends and family and you wish to keep this part of your life a secret, would they not ask you more questions regarding your implanted metal?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 03:07:16 PM »

My internals could not be detected.  I don't see why Stryde would be different.

FormerKidd

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2021, 07:05:30 AM »

Usually not an issue.  My femur rods never set off a metal detector, but I have had a couple go off after having tibia rods.  Maybe it was a coincidence, though.

6CMFemurs

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2021, 08:01:37 AM »

A special metal detecter at an embassy which is specially designed to pick up magnets, went off for the Precice nails in my femur. I had to explain that I didn't have a gun lol.
Pages: [1]   Go Up