Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Have the funds, but waiting longer?  (Read 502 times)

Frogger

Have the funds, but waiting longer?
« on: January 10, 2021, 09:56:35 PM »

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I last posted (2018).

Since then, I graduated from university and have just turned 24 years old.

Since my 2 year hiatus:
It's amazing to see that the newest Stryde Nail is now out and in mainstream usage; full weight bearing too, what a breakthrough! I've also really been into Cyborg4Life's YouTube channel, it's so cool to have someone bringing the procedure/awareness more into the limelight. I'd highly recommend to check him out if you haven't already.

After lots of saving and investing, I can now afford to have the surgery done in the US and am considering either Dr. Mahboubian, Dr. Rozbruch, or Dr. Paley.

However, I've adjusted my timeframe to have this done sometime in the next 3 years. I think this would allow me the opportunity to excel in my career (Finance) and save additional money, allowing my nest egg to grow so that when the time does come to withdraw the payment for the costs of the operation, I wouldn't have to wipe out everything.

On one hand, I'd like to get this operation done asap in my mid-twenties as I will enjoy the benefits sooner, especially while I'm young.

On the other hand, I don't think 3 years would make an extremely significant impact and I'd also like to have some extra savings and not wipe out 90+% of it for this procedure. It's also during this time that I'd like to work on building my resume through accreditations and experience so that when I do return to the job market after the operation, I'd be marketable and able to resume my career (in the case that my job doesn't allow me to take a 9-12 month sabbatical).

Essentially, I'm wondering if this delayed gratification is a good move for the long term. I know that the older you get, the harder it becomes to experience a quick and smooth recovery.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 11:05:25 PM by Frogger »

Movie

Re: Have the funds, but waiting longer?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 04:41:02 AM »

Although I agree on not wiping your whole savings on the surgery I think covid brought a lot of positives to the CLL procedure  itself such as the ability to work from home for a longish time (If you have to go through that route), an excuse to not have to go out and been seen by people. If I was you I would take the opportunity this year, enjoy your mid twenties with the new added height instead of your late twenties/ early 30s. Delayed gratification is always the winning move financially, I'd imagine it just depends on how much you want to do the surgery and how serious you are about doing it.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Frogger

Re: Have the funds, but waiting longer?
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 06:40:58 AM »

Movie, bro. You’re my aspiration, man. I’m about the same age as you and your story is incredibly inspirational and heartwarming.

Did you get your rods removed yet? How is the knee pain now?
Pages: [1]   Go Up