Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Kevin Debiparshad Patient - Stryde Nail Femur (Journal Progress)  (Read 2647 times)

LegSGo!

Hello LL Forum,

I am currently on Day 51 of my post op LL journey. I could not thank you all enough for your posts about the experience you had or are currently going through. I will try and begin journaling my experience in hopes it will provide insight and encouragement.  I am currently 47 of 79 mm, so I know it will begin to be challenging. My experience with Dr. Debiparshad and his staff has been wonderful!

Best Wishes!
Starting Height: 170 cm
Final Height: 177 cm
Procedure: Stryde Femur (11/20/2020 - 02/04/2021)
Doctor: Dr. Kevin Debiparshad

L8GrowthSpurt

Re: Dr. Kevin Debiparshad Patient - Stryde Nail Femur (Journal Progress)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 01:28:20 AM »

LegSGo - Awesome to hear! I’m planning the same journey with Dr. D this spring and would love to hear about your trip.  Sounds like you’re 1/2 way (or more) through distraction - must be great to be at that spot. How’s your pain and tightness been? Can you do stairs without too much of a problem? Appreciate any journaling you are willing to pass along to the community.  Stay strong 💪
CLL wannabe - waiting for Stryde return
171.5 cm (morning height)
171 cm (day height)
Wingspan: 179 cm
Goal height - 179 cm (femurs)

small

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 07:33:34 AM »

Thanks a lot for sharing your journey, it will be a tremendous help to all of us future LLers! :)

LegSGo!

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 10:24:01 PM »

LegSGo!

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2021, 10:34:42 PM »

L8GrowthSpurt

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2021, 11:14:30 PM »

Looking Good! Wow, how many days after surgery we’re these videos done? 52?  Gait and stairs look very good. Thanks!
171 cm (day height)

LegSGo!

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2021, 01:14:51 AM »

Yes, I am on day 52 and 48mm out of 79mm. I am currently having to lengthen x4 a day due to consolidation too quickly. I’ve been taken off all vitamin D supplements and started taking Toradol (anti-inflammatory) to help.

RazalDazal

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2021, 02:27:58 AM »

Walking gait and climbing stairs looks natural. Wow!

Congrats!

LegSGo!

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2021, 02:43:12 PM »

Thank you all. The biggest piece of advice I can give when going through LL is Physical Therapy. I go 5 days a week. I would also say to find a PT place that you like with good physical therapists. Definitely do your research and read reviews on each PT location. You need to be challenged each day in your strength and flexibility. Also, good sleep is a huge factor as well. Continue to tweak your sleeping routine until you find what works. I have found that taking my prescribed pain medication (Norco+Morphine Sulfate+Muscle Relaxer+Toradol) 30mins before bed along with Tylenol PM and Olly Sleep melatonin sleep gummies has made an incredible difference. I have been able to get 7hrs of sleep. Thanks!

las vegas baby

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2021, 05:04:47 PM »

Kevin Debiparshad + Stryde is revolution in field of leg length surgery

seriously the guy is changing the face of this procedure.

Tokito_Ohma

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2021, 06:32:40 PM »

Hey man, how are you keeping your wealth so healthy during distraction phase? A lot of the LL guys here seem to lose weight during distraction

LegSGo!

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2021, 07:22:12 PM »

With eating I have just been focusing on foods with high protein (a lot of fish, chicken, & steak) along with greens (broccoli, asparagus, brussel sprouts). And doing upper body lifting either (push ups or dumbbell press). That is something I seriously recommend anyone who considering LL. Prior to this surgery you need to be working out and especially your upper body. The first 2 weeks you will be depending heavily on this part of your body to get you around with your walker. Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 07:43:12 PM by LegSGo! »

L8GrowthSpurt

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2021, 01:25:51 AM »

Any update LetsGo!? Things getting harder over the past week? You gait and the stairs looked great a week ago - hopefully that’s continued.  Stay strong 💪
171 cm (day height)

LegSGo!

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2021, 12:36:59 PM »

Hey there L8. How have ya been?  Yes, everything is still going really well. I can admit though,  like all the other LL’s have shared, once you start approaching 60mm it does become tight. You can feel all your soft tissues under pressure and even the skin on your legs feels stretched. Also, one thing I have been keeping a close eye on as I approach 60mm is my proportions. With that said, I believe I will be stopping somewhere in the 60’s. While another CM would be great to have, I just want to be happy at what I see when I look in the mirror. My goal is to be done with distraction over the next 2wks. Thanks!

6CMFemurs

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2021, 01:00:16 PM »

As someone who did this surgery years ago, I would STRONGLY recommend you continue lengthening as long as your body allows you to. Trust me you will grow to love what your proportions look like, especially after you bulk up to normal post lengthening. You are looking at a very atrophied version of yourself. As long as your not in pain, your hitting your flexibility marks in PT, and the doctor says you can keep going.... you should keep going. You spent a lot of time and money on this, get as much as you safely can.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2021, 02:28:37 PM »

I have read 2-3 precice internal femur diaries where the person regretted not maxing out the nail to 8cm and just pushing the last mile to get there. No one noticed proportions at all. The only people who notice proportions are people on this forum that haven't done LL and don't make enough money to do it.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Body Builder

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2021, 02:31:30 PM »

Kevin Debiparshad + Stryde is revolution in field of leg length surgery

seriously the guy is changing the face of this procedure.
Yes, this merchant have made something known to very few people, familiar to anyone.
I saw today an article in ladbible about one patient of him.

Something that we tried to keep withheld as much as we could so we could become taller without the stigma of a barbaric cosmetic surgery is becoming known from merchants like him who advertise that surgery everywhere.

Good job...

Tartar

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2021, 02:56:01 PM »

Yes, this merchant have made something known to very few people, familiar to anyone.

Something that we tried to keep withheld as much as we could so we could become taller without the stigma of a barbaric cosmetic surgery is becoming known from merchants like him who advertise that surgery everywhere.

Good job...
Who cares. People should be ashmed being freak, short etc. If you are good looking after surgery there's no reason to. It's the result what matters, nothing else, such as in every other cosmetic surgery.

las vegas baby

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2021, 03:13:01 PM »

Good job...

if any doc is gonna be a merchant Im happy its someone as qualified as Kevin Debiparshad.

I have said this before - its not realistic to do this and hide it from every one including close family (spouse in particular). better when they do find out, they know its not some crazy procedure which cripples people. when I showed my gf and family this stuff, their first reaction was "oh I thought people lie in bed during leg length surgery. these people are walkin' around!"

it takes time but this will become mainstream. that way anyone who suffers from this problem can do it with enuf money and time.

also sunlight is best disinfectant. if theres smething wrong abt this procedure medically Id rather we find out sooner than later. so more the media attention sooner we find out anything malicious about this procedure.

L8GrowthSpurt

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2021, 02:54:13 AM »

Good to hear your doing well, LetSGo! Stay strong, and keep us posted. I’m just chillin waiting my turn here, which can’t arrive soon enough for me! How’s it feel to be taller?? 😁
171 cm (day height)

Vibes

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2021, 03:02:25 AM »

Good job...

I think it is also sad that this doctor has misled people on his credentials. To be clear, this is not my accusation and only what Dr. Paley has publicly stated. And I would assume Dr. Paley knows the truth because as inventor of STRYDE nail he receives royalties and thus is aware of each nail sold to be used for surgery.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2021, 10:01:46 AM »

Yea this guy is just blowing through the procedure like nothing. Your gait is amazing Letssgo. I think you can stop where ever you want but you can easily do the 8cm. Remember from 6cm to 8cm is almost a whole inch more (80% of an inch)

I do think you are rational though and know what to do
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

LegSGo!

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2021, 03:47:38 AM »

Hi LL’ers

I wanted to share an update on my journey in LL. I am now on day 66 of my post op (Nov. 20, 2020) and have lengthened a total of 60.5mm. While I’ve been away I’ve had my fair share of challenges and small set backs. Mostly by way of tightness setting in. At this point I can clearly see you cannot stretch enough to keep up. I believe I mentioned I was asked
to increase my lengthening due to creating too much bone, so I am now set at 1.33 per day on the ERC remote. That being said, I have only been able to achieve that amount a few times since prescribed. A great majority have been x3 a day. I realize now the pre operation stretching and flexibility is a must. I highly encourage all those that follow to stretch a ton prior to the surgery. Sleeping at nights are still a challenge. While I am able to get 6 to 7 hrs of sleep, I routinely have to get out of bed and go to our recliner during the night. That seems to do the trick. Physical Therapy has been going great and I am constantly challenged by the staff, which I am so thankful for. Please see my latest vids and let me know if you guys have any questions. Thanks!

LegSGo!

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2021, 03:48:47 AM »

https://m.

LegSGo!

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2021, 03:49:26 AM »

https://m.

L8GrowthSpurt

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2021, 04:33:21 AM »

Crushing it, bruh! Keep it up.  Anything you can do to slow that bone growth? How many days a week are you doing PT now? How much of your day are you stretching just on your own on top of PT?  You mentioned tightness but what about nerve pains? And, how’s it feel with the new height?! Good job 👍
171 cm (day height)

las vegas baby

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2021, 05:42:04 AM »

dis is a fake diary LOL

Jus some random dude on fiverr who didn't do leg length surgery walking around in his house.

jk
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 06:04:46 AM by las vegas baby »

LegSGo!

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2021, 01:00:57 PM »

LV Baby,
Thanks for the compliment. Now I just need to continue focusing on flexibility and strength these next 20mm.

LegSGo!

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2021, 01:15:57 PM »

L8GrowthSpurt,

Yes. Dr. D asked that I stop taking Vitamin D completely and any other bone supplements until I am ready to consolidate. He also prescribed an anti-inflammatory to help with pain and combat the bone growth. I am going to PT x5 times a week and I try stretching twice a day besides during PT, but most days that is challenging due my work schedule. No significant nerve pains as of yet thank goodness. During PT they have been incorporating a lot of stretching that focuses on the nerves. Nerve glides and a couple of other different stretches. Most of the tightness is specifically focused at the very bottom of my hamstring down past my patella tendon and at the very top of my calf.

Tokito_Ohma

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2021, 01:54:42 PM »

Your looking great bro, really happy you got this far! Physically wise, the height increase so far looks very aesthetic on you, keep pushing bro, its the final hurdle!

LegSGo!

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2021, 04:53:27 PM »

Thank you Tokito! Really appreciate it. A few weeks ago I had thoughts of stopping in the 60mm range, but I am starting to seriously consider going all the way to 80mm threshold.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up