Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I know I’m starting with a short torso, but will this still look acceptable?  (Read 3965 times)

Worzezterlire

Current, 174-175 or so cm:

After getting to approximately 181cm:

I’m not the best dressed here, but I wore my shirt down to its natural tucking position.  What I did is lengthen the femurs the ~6cm and make them a bit thicker (to make them slightly less gangly looking, since I plan to do a lot of leg training after this to compensate).

Is it within the realm of reason, just based on these pictures?  I’m a bit less concerned about how I look without clothes because I don’t really like going in swim trunks to the beach or pool during the summer, so I’m virtually always going to be clothed in a social situation.

If not, I’ll see if I can just go to 178ish cm instead.  Far from my ideal but even 4cm would mean a lot  :)

Kal el

Bro i can't see any difference in the two pics....u are good to go for even 13cm split between femurs and tibia.

Tartar

Very difficult to say with all those clothes on
But it's good that you'd be satisfied even with few cms

Worzezterlire

Thanks for initial opinions!  I admit part of why I didn’t do shirtless is because I am really unfortunately out of shape right now... which I hope to rectify starting now.

174-175cm:

181cm:

I know bulking legs and, really everything, will help a lot, but currently I’m the exact opposite of bulked.

Tartar

You are definitely an endomorph ;D
Anyway, even if it's just 1 pic your legs are not long so i think you can go on without any problem.
such as many white people your tibia is on the long side, so better femur as you said

Kal el

What is ur inseam and wingspan.

Worzezterlire

Inseam (book between legs method, measuring top of book to floor) seems to be about 81cm.  Might be as much as 82cm but no more, the tape I use is ever so slightly stretchy.

Wingspan I actually measured once and think I did it wrong, but it’s very close to my height already.  At most a cm or two longer.

Highest

What is your sitting height? Do you have any photos with your arms by your sides instead of in your pockets?

Worzezterlire

Not able to take a picture right now, but sitting height is between 91-92cm.  Can get a pic later tonight

Worzezterlire

Did a more traditional (nked and censored) set of pictures, from further away and at waist level.

Currently 173ish:

181cm:

EDIT: accidentally posted a morph that was closer to 184cm.  This one is fairly close to 181cm.

EDIT 2:  I overlaid this over a picture of some leg to body ratio pictures from that study about body attractiveness.  The one on the left is average LBR and the right is +3 Standard Deviations, with +1 on my left and +2 on my right.  Seems I am at most maybe +2 Standard Deviations from average in this morph?  Which I would be very happy with, since while leggy it’s not particularly unattractive and to my eye doesn’t look too extreme.

Any thoughts?

ghkid2019

• Inactive account

looks fine
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Worzezterlire

A succinct set of answers so far but the fact that everyone so far thinks it looks reasonable has really made my day :)  well, I have a consultation in the short term future with a few surgeons, and now I know 181cm is probably within the realm of reason.

I also measured my inseam again: 82cm flat.  I measured my height again though it was about 173cm this time.  Seems it is 175 at morning and 173 at night.

Tartar

As I told you before you are fine. Your legs are not long at the beginning, in addition you are an endomorph, wide hip, wide thorax and good shoulders.

Worzezterlire

As I told you before you are fine. Your legs are not long at the beginning, in addition you are an endomorph, wide hip, wide thorax and good shoulders.

Sorry for not just taking your word at the beginning!  I just wanted to make absolutely sure it wasn’t the camera angle or distance or clothes that made it seem so.

I’ve actually never thought of myself as an endomorph before, but after your first post mentioning it I looked into it a bit.  Is being an endomorph a benefit here (or more of a general observation)?

Thanks again for the help so far!  :)

Kal el

Looks fine bro nobody is going to judge it that much....if u have doubts i am giving u some real life examples of super short torso and long legs from MMA and i think they have even shorter torso then you..uriah hall,jack hermansson,alessio di chirico,magnus cadenblade....every one of this dudes are 6ft and above....with leg reach over 45 inches..which is very long even for 6ft....now if u think u will look disproportionate then look at this dudes..everyone of them look fantastic and big....the only think is that u can't wear below M size clothes around 181cm minimum M and wear L or XL torso wear to look proportionate and big and also don't wear ur jeans too high up in the hip.

Jamesy998

You could do tibias and look perfectly fine afterwards I don't see why not.
LON method | Dr. Halil Buldu | 2021
Diary | http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66007.0

Worzezterlire

I think I probably will ultimately go with at the very least +6.5 in femurs, and +4 in tibias, which would bring me to 184cm approximately.  Should also preserve any inter limb ratio and wouldn’t be tall enough to make my frame look small for the height.  I feel better about this now that I measured my shoulder width (biacromial) and it’s a standard deviation above average (average is 400cm, mine is nearly 430cm, SD of 25ish) already, so it should look fine when I’m a standard deviation above average height too.  My shoulders probably look less wide than they are because I have an incredibly thick natural neck (over 17”, which makes medium shirts really an annoying ordeal).  Just need to bulk up!

Thanks to all the reassurances and input!

Jamesy998

I think I probably will ultimately go with at the very least +6.5 in femurs, and +4 in tibias, which would bring me to 184cm approximately.  Should also preserve any inter limb ratio and wouldn’t be tall enough to make my frame look small for the height.  I feel better about this now that I measured my shoulder width (biacromial) and it’s a standard deviation above average (average is 400cm, mine is nearly 430cm, SD of 25ish) already, so it should look fine when I’m a standard deviation above average height too.  My shoulders probably look less wide than they are because I have an incredibly thick natural neck (over 17”, which makes medium shirts really an annoying ordeal).  Just need to bulk up!

Thanks to all the reassurances and input!

One thing that would really benefit you is hitting the deltoids and getting those shoulders slightly bigger.

Worzezterlire

One thing that would really benefit you is hitting the deltoids and getting those shoulders slightly bigger.

Just started a gym routine a few weeks ago and while I haven’t seen any change yet, I’m working on upper body religiously now  :)

Jamesy998

Just started a gym routine a few weeks ago and while I haven’t seen any change yet, I’m working on upper body religiously now  :)

Keep to it man, you'll get there eventually.

Worzezterlire

I’ve decided based on this thread and the opinions of my friends to move on with the process.  Going to do femurs first — minimum 6cm, debating 7+cm.  Tibias at a later date if desired, very likely to be.

I measured my wingspan, it’s around 183cm (possibly a bit more but it’s hard to measure on my own), so I’m already about +10cm.  I think that hitting 183cm is sufficiently tall that I will feel very tall after — in 4cm daily lifts I already feel like the height issue is largely eliminated as a detriment, and I think at 183cm or 184cm I will feel very tall (even if it’s upper end of average where I live).

This is a final mock-up of after that convinced me that this should work out fine.  Ultimately I just look like a kinda-tall guy and not an alien, in my opinion.  That’s with the shirt tucked at where normal people tuck it too; I think I will look even better with a L size shirt instead of a M.  I’ll have a 36 inseam at 6’ which is a bit high but not unreasonable.  I think 183-184 should be more recoverable too, which is important since I love walking long distances.

As everyone knows, Stryde is out of the question for now, so I’m doing Precise 2.2.  I think it will be bearable at 6ish centimeters, and by the time I can do tibs, stryde should be back.  Crutches will be a 5 month reality, so I’m working out my upper body big time as part of prep.

Worzezterlire

I have surgery in less than a month!  I’m doing femurs, and I hope to get to +8cm.

I did some last minute mock-ups for me to get a realistic set of expectations of what I’ll look like and if I can lengthen past that.  I’m starting to think 183-185 is my aesthetic limit, and that I look best in that range.  My wingspan is 183ish, which is mostly due to slightly long arms.  My torso is fairly average at best.

I decided that because I’m skinny fat and don’t want to be that way after I recover from surgery, and since it’s impossible to mock up muscle mass, I put jeans on at a comfortable placement on my body.  Not all the way up there, not artificially low.  I put the inseam of the original in the pictures, and the extrapolated after-inseam of the jeans.

My take, and I want to see if I’m overly or underly optimistic when I say this: I look best at 183, second best at current (175), and mediocre at 188.  I think I could pull off 188 but it would be the absolute limit (which it physically would be anyways at +13cm). 

Any thoughts?  I hope people don’t mind me resurrecting my old thread, but I am already slated to have surgery within the next three weeks so this is a lot less theoretical than it was before.  I already want to commit to 183 regardless if the feedback here is poor.  I’d love to get to 185 if possible, down the road.  I didn’t do a mock-up for 185, but it would be between the 183 and 188.  That’s my ideal height anyways.

Be totally honest, and thanks!

EDIT: also disregard measurements from earlier in this thread.  I have genuinely gotten taller since I started the thread (PT and stretching for scoliosis; morning/evening used to be 175/173.5, I am now 176.5/175 even when I skip stretching for a week).  Inseam is the only measurement that I am not sure of, but it is either 81 or 82cm.  My wingspan is somewhere between 183 and 184.  Ive measured consistently inbetween that range, but seems to average out around 183.5.  My shoulders look decent but they’re actually kinda average, fortunately most of my wingspan is arms.  I have a +3 inch ape index currently and I think I look fine up through -2, since my arms don’t look T Rex until -3.  Regardless, I think 6’0 and 6’1 are both good heights, above which I start looking like a cartoon.  Plus, I’ve consulted with a surgeon about clavicle lengthening, for which I would pay 50k; I probably won’t do that, but it’s an option to make my shoulders wider and fix proportions (as is working out and building mass).  If I did that, 1 inch would be added to my wing span but it would be entirely horizontal along the shoulder line.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 10:31:11 PM by HobbitMan »

Worzezterlire

Sorry for a double post, but my last one is already long.  I did another mock-up of 6’1” or 185.5cm.  It seems to be the best trade off between height and proportions.  I look a bit lanky but I don’t think I like disproportionate, especially given how little (none) muscle I have on me.  I’ll aim to make 183cm go well for now, and when Stryde returns I’ll do 2.5-3.5cm on tibias to fix my inter limb mechanics and get past 6’1”.  I think this one is the winner.

Note: I edited the jeans to make them slightly wider.  The 30in jeans I used for the unedited picture at 175cm were skinny jeans in 32x30.  I would plan to wear 32x34 normal cut and this edit approximates that.

Anyways I’ll also make sure to post REAL before afters in 3 months once I’m actually 6’0, same jeans etc!

Worzezterlire

I might roll this thread into a mini-diary of sorts.  I’m an odd case here (given I’m starting with such a long wingspan) so I’m sure some people are curious how I look along the way.  I showed the 183 and 185.5 mock-ups to friends and family and all of them liked 183, some of them were mixed on 185.5, but all thought both results looked normal.

I’m under the impression that 34 inseam jeans on a 6’1” man is not abnormal, just slightly long legged, right?  From perusing online, it seems the normal would be 32 inseam, with 30 being short and 34 being long legged, but both being within the normal range.

Limbfan2020

Who is ur doctor, HobbitMan?

HeightGain

I really appreciate your mock ups as I am a similar height but have a longer wingspan and different physique. It is good to see mockups of someone with a longish wingspan.

5 and 4 would probably produce the best proportions for you. 188cm is a bit too much and 8cm on the femurs is not optimal.

I know it is easy to get carried away. Everyone would love to both segments, arms etc but the reality is most won't have the appetite for that after the first surgery. You also may not bulk easily so I wouldn't count that as a given

I would go for 5 - 6cm femurs and see how you feel, you definitely won't look disproportionate at that gain.

Worzezterlire

Who is ur doctor, HobbitMan?

Dr Debiparshad.  I was very impressed with Paley when I visited, but for the sake of lengthening at home (Paley requires one to stay in Florida) and cost (Debiparshad is 20k cheaper last I checked), I went with Dr D.  Plus his credentials are great and his office is really responsive, much like Paley’s.

I really appreciate your mock ups as I am a similar height but have a longer wingspan and different physique. It is good to see mockups of someone with a longish wingspan.

5 and 4 would probably produce the best proportions for you. 188cm is a bit too much and 8cm on the femurs is not optimal.

I know it is easy to get carried away. Everyone would love to both segments, arms etc but the reality is most won't have the appetite for that after the first surgery. You also may not bulk easily so I wouldn't count that as a given

I would go for 5 - 6cm femurs and see how you feel, you definitely won't look disproportionate at that gain.

I think I’m starting to agree, especially since I’ll be able to afford a second round of lengthening by the time I’d be capable of doing Tibias.  I’m definitely doing no less than 5-6cm on femurs, but after that I’ll keep monitoring myself in the mirror to see how normal I look.  6+4 or 6+5 would still bring me to over 6 feet, just not at the pace I’d prefer in an ideal world.  Being over 180cm would itself be a huge leap forward for my height neurosis.  That said, I think I look very normal at 6’0 or 6’1 so no matter the method, I would really like to reach that.

Thanks for the support!
Pages: [1]   Go Up