Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Set for external tibia dr Kulesh/Solomin April 2021  (Read 3458 times)

Activatedxx

Set for external tibia dr Kulesh/Solomin April 2021
« on: January 24, 2021, 01:05:08 PM »

After postponing for years I have finally booked my appointment for April 2021 to do external Tibia 5-6cm (max) with dr Kulesh and Solomin. I lost my old account info but I’ve been on this forum for about 3-4 years.

I pulled the trigger one day and started planning and working toward it and told myself not to turn back on it. Can’t really believe I’m doing this, I was always serious about having LL done but actual going through the process I am barely holding myself from turning back. I already submitted me and my wife’s passport application ( she knows about this choice, told me she does not care at all about my height and did not want me going through with it, we are both 167cm). Everything in my life is going great, I have an exotic, I’m married to a beautiful person inside and out, I have attractive features, I have a decently successful business (with covid I make about half profit what I used to make before covid but still doing ok). Height is honestly the only thing really bothering me in life, of course life isn’t perfect and there are always other things but besides height those things are not that significant.

I am a 167cm 23 year old male from Florida. I have about 60k cash usd saved to my name. Originally, I was thinking about doing LON femur but told myself to just start off with tibia and do precise/stride  the next year and just pay for it. This lengthening should not cost more than 12-15k usd for everything. Kulesh offers it at 4 different hospitals, One of them is double the price as the one I chose but I really don’t see that much difference in them besides that they are placed in a higher end area and the doctors speak English, and also the expensive one is a private clinic while the other is municipal.

Russia airbnb is about 500$ a month/4 star hotels 600-750$ a month. The airbnb is really nice. Going to a foreign country is pretty cool, I had a somewhat bad view of russian safety but online it says St. Petersburg is safe aside from pickpockets.

An important note, I have slightly moderate bowed legs, it never affected me much and I’m very active, but I hope to correct this also, I wonder if this will add 1-2cm

I’m trying to prepare as best as I can. A plus for me is that I will have someone to help me and take care of me during this process. Lengthening alone must be super mentally boring and emotionally challenging.

I have a million cautions running in my head, like what if my kidney is stolen, or if the anesthesiologist hurts me, or how am I going to react to a catheter. Solomin/kulesh seem good in the forum  except for Android who had nerve damage but that probably was due to a risky method he used whatever happened to him? and also I believe he did 1.5mm a day? For femurs

An advantage I might have is that I used to wrestle in high school and run track, however after high school I sadly did pick up vaping/smoking hookah which I quit a couple months ago as it is bad for healing/bone consolidation. I am light but lean and muscular and plan on doing some heavy leg workouts before this surgery to aid with atrophy/stretching.

Please comment any advice, thoughts, etc

If all goes well, hopefully next year I will do internal femurs with giotikas or parihar since precise/stride isn’t certified in Russia by the government so they don’t allow it

Currently at 167cm, 6-7cm (considering bow leg correction added to lengthening) I will still be short but only by 1.5-2’ to the average  in the us. At my height I’m in like the bottom 5-10 percentile, being 5’7 1/2 or 5’8 is really not that bad. Sure, it would be a lot better / great to be 8cm on top of that which is why I plan on going for femurs after, but even At my height with 1’inch lifts I have been able to accomplish a lot in life and also have had very attractive girlfriends even with my height in the past, which is why my height neurosis isn’t mentallly damaging to me as much, it’s not obsessive, but it is an insecurity I want to improve.

Edited* Reason I chose Russia 1: LL originated here 2:USD is strong against ruble, surgery and hotels are cheap (the price) 3: the experience of kulesh and Solomin

Obviously best choice would be paley since he’s 3hr drive from me or USA, but not everyone has 100k+ to blow
This hotel is 600$ a month, deciding between this and a very nice airbnb I saw
https://www.google.com/travel/hotels/Saint%20Petersburg/entity/ChkI7b--46-b_JsUGg0vZy8xMWMya3pkOV93EAE?g2lb=2502548%2C4258168%2C4306835%2C4317915%2C4328159%2C4371334%2C4401769%2C4416724%2C4419364%2C4463263%2C4463666%2C4464463%2C4481897%2C4482194%2C4482438%2C4485851%2C4491875%2C4270859%2C4284970&hl=en-US&gl=us&un=1&ap=MAFaAGgA&q=hotels%20in%20st%20petersburg%20russia&rp=ogEVU3QgUGV0ZXJzYnVyZywgUnVzc2lhOAFAAEgC&ictx=1&utm_campaign=sharing&utm_medium=link&utm_source=htls&hrf=CgQIPBAAEgIIGiIDVVNEKhYKBwjlDxAEGAESBwjlDxAEGA8YDiABsAEAWAFoAZoBFxIVU3QgUGV0ZXJzYnVyZywgUnVzc2lhogEcCggvbS8wNnByNhIQU2FpbnQgUGV0ZXJzYnVyZ6oBEwoCCCESAggVEgIILxIDCJECGAGqAQoKAggSEgIIaBgBqgEHCgMIoQIYAKoBDgoCCBwSAghzEgIINhgBqgEaCgIIERICCCoSAghAEgIIOBICCFcSAggrGAGqAQ8KAgguEgIIVhIDCIMBGAGqAQ8KAghQEgMIhAESAghMGAGSAQIgAQ&ved=0CAAQ5JsGahcKEwj459ek77TuAhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQCA
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 03:23:27 PM by Activatedxx »
5’5 -> 8cm distracted -> 5’8  LON Femur.
Brutal painful process, if considering external femurs please change your mind
Monorails installed may 13: Removed august 8, 2021
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66610.0

Limbfan2020

Re: Set for external tibia dr Kulesh/Solomin April 2021
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 01:34:48 PM »

Why didn't you chose Dr. Paley?He's next door to you. Is it just because of the price?

Good luck with your lenghtening

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 01:38:47 PM »

fully externals or LON?

@limbfan2020 paley costs 100k + more for lodging and food and etc. this man has 60k.

android is slowly recovering. he definitely can walk decent and is mobile but its just his feet does not have full ankle movement yet. you can see his recovery on his instagram android_cll

and good luck it seems you decided yourself on going to russia so i hope you have a good trip and journey
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 02:01:17 PM by ghkid2019 »
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Activatedxx

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2021, 01:58:44 PM »

Why didn't you chose Dr. Paley?He's next door to you. Is it just because of the price?

Good luck with your lenghtening

Of course. lol I don’t have 100k and if I did I probably wouldn’t give it all up for one surgery. Paley is like a 3 hour drive from me, sadly he doesn’t even offer any type of financing. Even if he took care credit they won’t approve me for more than 20-30k. If I do externals and then Stryde with mahboubian or parihar/buldu and end up paying 60-85k for 4.5-5inches of height that’s a fair enough trade off for me, paying 100k+100k for 5 inches is a little out the question. It took me about 3 years to save up 60k with my expenses (apartment, car note, etc). I wouldn’t even mind just getting tibias out the way and then financing/paying for femurs with mahboubian.

Of course some people might suggest  “it’s your legs choose the best surgeon getting crippled isnt worth money saved” I would partially agree, but there are many other very experienced surgeons who might not be as good as paley but the results are the same/similar. I chose Solomin/kulesh because 1. They don’t really care to promote cll, so I don’t think it’s a money thing to them 2. Experience, not to mention LL originated from Russia/discovered in Russia 3. USD is strong against the ruble , so everything is Russia is cheap in usd, like food and hotel etc.

Of course I’d be way more comfortable doing this at home, but then again life isn’t at your convenience, gotta work with what ya can.

Activatedxx

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2021, 02:01:48 PM »

fully externals or LON?

paley costs 100k + more for lodging and food and etc. this man has 60k.

android is slowly recovering. he definitely can walk decent and is mobile but its just his feet does not have full ankle movement yet. you can see his recovery on his instagram android_cll

and good luck it seems you decided yourself on going to russia so i hope you have a good trip and journey

Thank you

I don’t want to do LON because I don’t like the idea of having a nail drilled through my knee and having to have it removed. For femurs I guess nails is the way to go but Solomin recommends fully external for tibia. If it is really inconvenient I may do LATN

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2021, 02:19:24 PM »

Thank you

I don’t want to do LON because I don’t like the idea of having a nail drilled through my knee and having to have it removed. For femurs I guess nails is the way to go but Solomin recommends fully external for tibia. If it is really inconvenient I may do LATN
Hopefully you're okay with 8-10 months in frames for 5cm then. I think most diaries of externals I read have the person regretted not doing LON, simply because externals is wayy too long. Hopefully you are prepared for the long year you have upcoming. In the end it is the safest and best long term way to do LL. Just ridiculously long. Expect frames off in February 2022

User requested self-ban.

Activatedxx

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2021, 02:51:18 PM »

Hopefully you're okay with 8-10 months in frames for 5cm then. I think most diaries of externals I read have the person regretted not doing LON, simply because externals is wayy too long. Hopefully you are prepared for the long year you have upcoming. In the end it is the safest and best long term way to do LL. Just ridiculously long. Expect frames off in February 2022

I cannot do LON because I have slightly moderate bowed legs I would like to correct while lengthening.  With Lengthening over Nail it is fixed so no correction can be made. My knees do not touch and my knees point slightly inward when standing feet straight with my ankles touching. I may do lengthening and then nailing (latn).

Bow legs causes arthritis and risk of knee problems as you get older, if you are physically active or overweight it increases the risk of knee replacement or knee pain etc

I’ve read that correcting bowed legs will increase your height 1-3cm depending on severity. I really don’t care realistically for 1cm but anything counts/better than nothing  I guess

If I am for 5cm and get an extra 1-2cm  from correction would be pretty cool

When I actually start my diary I will post pics of my bowed legs before the surgery

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2021, 04:01:21 PM »

Oh, I see. Then I guess LATN would be a great compromise, nailing after the correction. And good luck with your bowlegs. It's good to fix that problem and potentially gain some height. Free money right there

Thanks for photos

User requested self-ban.

California2

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2021, 09:00:52 PM »

Good luck to you.  My experience was wonderful.

I too have a slight bowed leg that I would have corrected if I had more time to be in frames but life forces choices and time won.

Feel free to read my diary if you want additional information: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9660.msg100789#msg100789

Best of luck.

chipsnsalsa

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2021, 11:41:52 PM »

Hi activatedxx, well done on making the decision and good luck in April.

Could I ask about your bow leg issue? I too have bow legs - not extreme, but noticeable (and I'm always getting nutmegged when playing soccer, lol). I'm quite active, in my 30s, enjoy lifting weights, and I've been noticing some knee pain which I agree could be worsened due to knee misalignment caused by the bowed tibias.

I imagine you have already raised this matter with Drs Kulesh and Solomin? Could you possibly elaborate? Can the straightening be done in the initial surgery? Is it done during the lengthening process? And would it lengthen the overall process of LATN? I would be happy with straightened legs plus 4cm increase. At 0.75mm per day that would work out at approximately 2 months of lengthening before having the LATN nail inserted. Would it be necessary to wait longer, or do anything different, if bowleg correction is involved as well?

Many thanks again for your kind contributions

Activatedxx

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2021, 01:30:16 AM »

Good luck to you.  My experience was wonderful.

I too have a slight bowed leg that I would have corrected if I had more time to be in frames but life forces choices and time won.

Feel free to read my diary if you want additional information: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9660.msg100789#msg100789

Best of luck.

Thanks a lot for your reply, i want to ask where did you get your visa for Russia. I’m trying to figure out how to get an invitation letter

Activatedxx

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2021, 01:32:57 AM »

Could I ask about your bow leg issue? I too have bow legs - not extreme, but noticeable (and I'm always getting nutmegged when playing soccer, lol). I'm quite active, in my 30s, enjoy lifting weights, and I've been noticing some knee pain which I agree could be worsened due to knee misalignment caused by the bowed tibias.

I imagine you have already raised this matter with Drs Kulesh and Solomin? Could you possibly elaborate? Can the straightening be done in the initial surgery? Is it done during the lengthening process? And would it lengthen the overall process of LATN? I would be happy with straightened legs plus 4cm increase. At 0.75mm per day that would work out at approximately 2 months of lengthening before having the LATN nail inserted. Would it be necessary to wait longer, or do anything different, if bowleg correction is involved as well?

I think you have to bring it up in person, they reply very shortly and don’t answer all your questions. I’m sure they’re busy or whatever it is. On there website it says they do fix it

But honestly it’s free to fix if you are covered by health insurance, it causes knee problems as you get older

If you are worried about knee pain I would go with full externals, it is the safest according to what I’ve read just more inconvenient but way less invasive

permanentlybanned

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2021, 05:42:11 AM »

bowlegs only take a matter of days to fix depending on severity it can even be as short as 1 or 2 days if really minor
Permanently banned by Medium Drink of Water due to non-maliciously spamming one singular time.

Activatedxx

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2021, 07:57:21 AM »

bowlegs only take a matter of days to fix depending on severity it can even be as short as 1 or 2 days if really minor

Not sure how severe, I can fit 3 fingers between knee to knee with my legs closed

chipsnsalsa

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2021, 08:25:57 PM »

Hi activatedxx, have you already spoken in detail to Drs Kulesh and Solomin about the bow leg correction? I'm interested to know how much extra time and trouble it will take on top of the lengthening. It sounds like you have a fairly similar situation: my bow legs are not extreme but I can fit four fingers in between my knees when standing with my feet together. It would be a double whammy to fix this and gain 4 or 5cm too.

Activatedxx

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2021, 09:19:17 PM »

Hi activatedxx, have you already spoken in detail to Drs Kulesh and Solomin about the bow leg correction? I'm interested to know how much extra time and trouble it will take on top of the lengthening. It sounds like you have a fairly similar situation: my bow legs are not extreme but I can fit four fingers in between my knees when standing with my feet together. It would be a double whammy to fix this and gain 4 or 5cm too.

He replied today a few days late saying

“ long-film is necessary for that — https://www.straightlegs.ru/long-film

Activatedxx

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2021, 09:26:19 PM »

Update, I decided to go with the most expensive hospital because they have 30+ performed there so I assume the PT is better and also the doctors are more qualified because it is a higher end hospital. Besides a good surgeon I considered the anesthesiologist is better and also the doctors speak English and it is very close to the center or the center. The other hospitals are 1-2 hrs away from my hotel I am planning

chipsnsalsa

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2021, 09:58:32 PM »

How long are you planning to stay in hospital before moving to the hotel? Will you travel into the hospital daily for PT and checkups? Can I ask how much the entire things is projected to cost and how long you intend to stay in Russia? You're doing LATN tibia 5cm plus leg straightening, right? Most grateful for your replies.

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2021, 10:29:51 PM »

I am planning on going to dr. kulesh and Solomin as well. Not sure when yet, since I’m still saving up for it. Might go for it towards the end of 2021. Already emailed dr. Kulesh and got his word document with all the options available from which I can choose. I believe I’ll be going for 7 - 7.5cms tibias fully externals. According to the options and my choices, I would be looking at around €5k for everything that involves the surgery, medicine, stay at the hospital, re-bandages, wheelchair, x-rays, and the crutches. This is excluding rent, food, and transportation for the 4 months I would be staying in Russia. These would probably add up another €2.5k. So an appropriate estimate would be €7.5k give or take €1k. Maybe this estimate can help you chipsnsalsa.

Activatedxx

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2021, 11:48:06 PM »

How long are you planning to stay in hospital before moving to the hotel? Will you travel into the hospital daily for PT and checkups? Can I ask how much the entire things is projected to cost and how long you intend to stay in Russia? You're doing LATN tibia 5cm plus leg straightening, right? Most grateful for your replies.

I’m doing fully externals. I plan on doing internals for femurs but kulesh recommends fully external for tibia, it has least complication and I doubt recovery would be as smooth having a mail go through your knee. For femurs it’s through you butt/hip so I wouldn’t recommend nailing tibia. Might be more convenient but in the long run not worth it and then you have to take the nails and screws out.

I think everything is like 7500usd with the higher end hospital. With expenses another 2-3 grand. The other hospitals don’t speak English and don’t look on tip top shape. Will stay in hospital 5 days. Also 5-6 cm I plan on

Activatedxx

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2021, 11:49:03 PM »

I am planning on going to dr. kulesh and Solomin as well. Not sure when yet, since I’m still saving up for it. Might go for it towards the end of 2021. Already emailed dr. Kulesh and got his word document with all the options available from which I can choose. I believe I’ll be going for 7 - 7.5cms tibias fully externals. According to the options and my choices, I would be looking at around €5k for everything that involves the surgery, medicine, stay at the hospital, re-bandages, wheelchair, x-rays, and the crutches. This is excluding rent, food, and transportation for the 4 months I would be staying in Russia. These would probably add up another €2.5k. So an appropriate estimate would be €7.5k give or take €1k. Maybe this estimate can help you chipsnsalsa.

7-7.5 on tibias is a very bad idea. Just some advice

chipsnsalsa

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2021, 04:17:06 PM »

Oh wow so you're not getting any nail at all? How long will it take? And can they straighten your bowlegs without a nail?

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2021, 07:26:38 PM »

Oh wow so you're not getting any nail at all? How long will it take? And can they straighten your bowlegs without a nail?
Yeah, of course. Fully externals is the way to correct any sort of deformity. You can’t correct deformities with internal nails.

HeightGain

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2021, 08:28:41 PM »

You really should get a long leg regardless.

What about pili, he has got some good results and location is preferable?

Most bow leg correction you won't gain that much height from in itself.

chipsnsalsa

• Visitor
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2021, 10:21:55 PM »

Yeah, of course. Fully externals is the way to correct any sort of deformity. You can’t correct deformities with internal nails.

But doesn't it take the best part of a year in frames without a nail, during which you can't bear weight? I've read diaries of people who intended to do full external but after 6 months they couldn't take it any more and got the nail put in.

As I understand it with LATN you have the initial operation in which the docs cut the tibia, and they can also correct the bow; then lengthen for 2 or 3 months, then have a second surgery to put in a nail which will hold the tibias in the new straight unbowed position and allow greater mobility while the bone heals.

Vibes

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2021, 02:25:32 AM »

I thought for slight deformities blocking screws could be used with internals such as stryde?

Activatedxx

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2021, 06:32:41 AM »

But doesn't it take the best part of a year in frames without a nail, during which you can't bear weight? I've read diaries of people who intended to do full external but after 6 months they couldn't take it any more and got the nail put in.

As I understand it with LATN you have the initial operation in which the docs cut the tibia, and they can also correct the bow; then lengthen for 2 or 3 months, then have a second surgery to put in a nail which will hold the tibias in the new straight unbowed position and allow greater mobility while the bone heals.

I believe the frames are weight bearing

chipsnsalsa

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2021, 11:42:36 PM »

I believe the frames are weight bearing

Have Drs Kulesh and Solomin told you how long they estimate the frames will have to stay on without any nail? That will obviously be quite an impediment - are you planning to stay in Russia for the duration until they can remove them?

th

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2021, 01:25:55 AM »

externals are fine, actually easy enough after the first few days - i was in volgograd - 5cm possibly in 7/8 months but time will fly and you are young - i would stay at a hotel near to the clinic - go with a positive attitude and u will love russia!!  🇷🇺

Activatedxx

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2021, 03:17:50 AM »

Have Drs Kulesh and Solomin told you how long they estimate the frames will have to stay on without any nail? That will obviously be quite an impediment - are you planning to stay in Russia for the duration until they can remove them?

Average is 6 weeks per CM

Depends on your body tho
Some people take 2 months some 1

Activatedxx

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2021, 03:18:23 AM »

externals are fine, actually easy enough after the first few days - i was in volgograd - 5cm possibly in 7/8 months but time will fly and you are young - i would stay at a hotel near to the clinic - go with a positive attitude and u will love russia!!  🇷🇺

St Pete looked very nice, I’m gonna stay just for distraction. Who was your doctor?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up