Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs growth with Stryde in Barcelona  (Read 25619 times)

FSchez

Re: Femurs growth with Stryde in Barcelona
« Reply #155 on: April 14, 2021, 03:37:54 PM »

Congrats on the 6 cm!! A clear milestone for sure. Appreciate the videos mi amigo 😁; you do look taller which must be so cool. What’s the best thing about your newfound height? Stay strong my friend...only 2 cm to go!
Thanks amigo!!
I will continue to post videos on the progress. I also feel taller now, besides as I am thinner I look taller even ...
And that I only measure 167 cms ...
For me it is quite a change, I have always been used to being the shortest in many social gatherings, with friends, family, soccer colleagues  :-[...
Many times he was the same height or even shorter than many girls. If I manage to reach my goal (169 cm + 2 cm of elevators that I always use in my shoes), which I already see close by, I will leave behind the bad moments of highlighting my short stature, which before the surgery was quite an easy aspect to notice at first sight. I will be very happy to be just a little shorter than the average height of the people around me, which is usually 174-175 cm ... :D

FSchez

« Reply #156 on: April 14, 2021, 05:10:55 PM »

take it easy with the exercise bro. your still lengthening. stryde is weight bearing and all that but its not meant for people to work out on lol. in one the videos you are doing pretty intense exercise hopping onto the treadmill and back down.

theyre also sayin' weight bearing might be causing corrosion, so...

Im not an expert but Ive heard many docs say stryde is not so that you can live a normal life. its just to not be in a wheelchair completely

Hi mate!
I appreciate your advice, really, surely you are right.
Sometimes when you feel that your legs respond you come up ...
Still, in the video it appears that exercise has more impact than it actually does. Compared to going up and down stairs it is almost the same impact. The noise heard when I get on the treadmill is very bulky due to the state of the springs ... ;D
In spite of everything, do not think that I am doing this type of exercise every day, I really spend the whole day calmly sitting in the chair in front of the computer while I work. Every hour and a half I get up, stretch the muscles in my legs and walk a little so that I don't stand for so long. So I spend all morning and part of the afternoon.
When I feel strong, late in the afternoon, at the house of more parents, I practice a little exercise: 15-20 minutes on the exercise bike, I walk 10 minutes on the lawn in the garden. If I can't walk on the grass, I do some low-impact exercises to regain muscle tone in my legs and abdomen ...
I will follow your advice, although I think the pain and tension in my legs in this last part of the distraction will not allow me to do much exercise even if I wanted to ...

L8GrowthSpurt

« Reply #157 on: April 14, 2021, 05:27:43 PM »

Thanks amigo!!
I will continue to post videos on the progress. I also feel taller now, besides as I am thinner I look taller even ...
And that I only measure 167 cms ...
For me it is quite a change, I have always been used to being the shortest in many social gatherings, with friends, family, soccer colleagues  :-[...
Many times he was the same height or even shorter than many girls. If I manage to reach my goal (169 cm + 2 cm of elevators that I always use in my shoes), which I already see close by, I will leave behind the bad moments of highlighting my short stature, which before the surgery was quite an easy aspect to notice at first sight. I will be very happy to be just a little shorter than the average height of the people around me, which is usually 174-175 cm ... :D

Happy for you, brutha! 😁 Thanks for the continued updates. Keep up the good work! 👍
CLL wannabe - waiting for Stryde return
171.5 cm (morning height)
171 cm (day height)
Wingspan: 179 cm
Goal height - 179 cm (femurs)

Iwanttobetalleresp

• Visitor
« Reply #158 on: April 19, 2021, 06:08:08 PM »

i'm willing to do femurs with this dr aswell. I've been reading this post for a while, i'll be here reading your evolution, good luck.

FSchez

« Reply #159 on: April 20, 2021, 01:36:14 PM »

Happy for you, brutha! 😁 Thanks for the continued updates. Keep up the good work! 👍

Thank you my friend!!
Soon I will update the progress of the last days  ;)

FSchez

« Reply #160 on: April 20, 2021, 01:44:27 PM »

i'm willing to do femurs with this dr aswell. I've been reading this post for a while, i'll be here reading your evolution, good luck.
Thanks for your support friend !!
I suppose you have already talked to the doctor, but if you don't know him yet I advise you to go see him at his office, he is a very attentive and close doctor.
On Friday I have new X-rays, so soon I will publish the photos ... If everything goes well on Friday I will get almost 7 cm of lengthening ... :D

Iwanttobetalleresp

• Visitor
« Reply #161 on: April 20, 2021, 07:09:57 PM »

Thanks for your support friend !!
I suppose you have already talked to the doctor, but if you don't know him yet I advise you to go see him at his office, he is a very attentive and close doctor.
On Friday I have new X-rays, so soon I will publish the photos ... If everything goes well on Friday I will get almost 7 cm of lengthening ... :D

No, i didnt talked to him yet. I talked to their clinica through whatsapp and they told me to make an appointment with him to answer all my questions. They did told me that the do fitbone, nothing about stryde, but as i see they do stryde aswell.

Waiting for those x-rays, i will be here supporting you!

Eye2eyepls

• Visitor
« Reply #162 on: April 20, 2021, 10:43:38 PM »

Hey FSchez, it's been a rollercoaster ride reading your diary and congratulations on reaching 6cms! I know your workplace has a lot of family but did you feel any worry or anxiety about others judging you for going through with the procedure? It seems like it went over well but I have this worry about what my friends and family will think if I decide to have surgery

FSchez

« Reply #163 on: April 22, 2021, 02:50:46 PM »

Hey FSchez, it's been a rollercoaster ride reading your diary and congratulations on reaching 6cms! I know your workplace has a lot of family but did you feel any worry or anxiety about others judging you for going through with the procedure? It seems like it went over well but I have this worry about what my friends and family will think if I decide to have surgery

Hello mate!!
Thank you for your words!
At first I thought that someone indiscreet could ask me some question or uncomfortable or disrespectful comment, but the worst thing one of my cousins ​​told me was that he had done crazy ... Obviously he sees it that way because he is tall and has never suffered it ...
So I told him how I felt on many occasions before the operation, so after explaining how the operation was, he only told me to take care of myself and that I had a lot of courage to have had surgery for something like that ...

To resume, the comments or questions have not been uncomfortable. Even a neighbor who has seen me walk with crutches who has asked me what happened to me, if it is someone with whom I usually coincide, I tell him that it was not an accident, and if he asks me more, I tell him that I have operated on my legs to be taller. Some have been interested and have asked me if it hurts and what the recovery process is like.
Others however have believed that he was joking ...  ;D

Iwanttobetalleresp

• Visitor
« Reply #164 on: April 22, 2021, 09:42:05 PM »

Hello mate!!
Thank you for your words!
At first I thought that someone indiscreet could ask me some question or uncomfortable or disrespectful comment, but the worst thing one of my cousins ​​told me was that he had done crazy ... Obviously he sees it that way because he is tall and has never suffered it ...
So I told him how I felt on many occasions before the operation, so after explaining how the operation was, he only told me to take care of myself and that I had a lot of courage to have had surgery for something like that ...

To resume, the comments or questions have not been uncomfortable. Even a neighbor who has seen me walk with crutches who has asked me what happened to me, if it is someone with whom I usually coincide, I tell him that it was not an accident, and if he asks me more, I tell him that I have operated on my legs to be taller. Some have been interested and have asked me if it hurts and what the recovery process is like.
Others however have believed that he was joking ...  ;D

Obviously for common people, even small ones, this is a crazy thing. Just 2 months ago, maybe less, i didnt know about this kind of surgery. I just readed something but i've never been interested because i thought that was a mad thing for mad people. Still i dont get it and i dont know what to do, thats why i'm here reading your post. I've looked for one in spain and there are 2: alejandro monegal and downey. Alejandro is in Barcelona, that is just at 4 hours from my home. And you have paid 48.800, it is expensive but affordable compared to other doctors.

I will see the doctor to talk to him and i will read very closely your post, you are helping me brother. Keep up updating please

FSchez

« Reply #165 on: April 23, 2021, 02:04:40 PM »

Obviously for common people, even small ones, this is a crazy thing. Just 2 months ago, maybe less, i didnt know about this kind of surgery. I just readed something but i've never been interested because i thought that was a mad thing for mad people. Still i dont get it and i dont know what to do, thats why i'm here reading your post. I've looked for one in spain and there are 2: alejandro monegal and downey. Alejandro is in Barcelona, that is just at 4 hours from my home. And you have paid 48.800, it is expensive but affordable compared to other doctors.

I will see the doctor to talk to him and i will read very closely your post, you are helping me brother. Keep up updating please
I'm glad to see that my posts are helpful. :)
I don't remember how I found this forum, but thanks to the publications of other patients they helped me to get an idea of ​​what the operation and the complete recovery process consists of, which is quite long compared to many operations ...
Even so, if you are very concerned about your height and think that with 6-8 cm more you will feel better, it is worth all the time and effort that it implies... ;)

Serilium

« Reply #166 on: April 23, 2021, 02:26:39 PM »

, and if he asks me more, I tell him that I have operated on my legs to be taller. Some have been interested and have asked me if it hurts and what the recovery process is like.

Respect to you FSchez for being brave and honest about this surgery. It's great to own up to it and be more neurotic or insecure about hiding the fact you did a height surgery. Good trait of a man. 👍

Cheers

FSchez

« Reply #167 on: April 24, 2021, 05:47:23 PM »

Respect to you FSchez for being brave and honest about this surgery. It's great to own up to it and be more neurotic or insecure about hiding the fact you did a height surgery. Good trait of a man. 👍

Cheers

Thank you very much for your words!! :)
I know that it is a rather uncomfortable and taboo subject and that is why many of us who feel a complex of stature suffer it in silence ... That is why I understand and respect all those who avoid talking about the operation with friends or family.
In fact, before the operation I was thinking of telling my surgery only to my closest relatives ...
Now I am not announcing to everyone that I have had surgery to be taller, but if someone asks me I feel more comfortable telling the truth ...
Knowing the people around me, sooner or later all my relatives and acquaintances will find out little by little from third parties, so I prefer that they find out first hand.
 :)

FSchez

« Reply #168 on: April 24, 2021, 06:10:39 PM »

Day 91 after the operation (Saturday 24 / April / 21):
Hey!
I have already got 7 cms !!
In fact, the X-rays and telemetry from yesterday morning show 6.9 cm on my left leg and 7.2 cm on the right:
I only have 10 days left to finish lengthening my left leg and 5 days for my right leg:

https://ibb.co/mB28J0P
https://ibb.co/xYDjtmz
https://ibb.co/3mHqHYv
https://ibb.co/nf0msdV
https://ibb.co/w4y6Pmk
https://ibb.co/vstT6Hj
https://ibb.co/JrJpgzR

These last few days I have not been able to walk much without the crutches because my back is quite arched and I have a hard time keeping my back straight when I walk ...
Before the operation I had a slight hyperlordosis, and with the tension of my muscles in the last elongated centimeters I have noticed that my back is now much more curved ...
The physiotherapist and the doctor have told me to work more flexibility in the hip flexor muscles and work the lower back to correct my posture.
That means that I still have a lot of work ahead of me to physically recover and reflect the height with respect to the cms that I have lengthened my legs ...
I hope I can walk a little better soon and post a new video ;)

L8GrowthSpurt

« Reply #169 on: April 24, 2021, 07:30:56 PM »

Wow!  Time flies my friend.  I can’t believe you only have 10 more days of lengthening and even less on the other side; you must be so excited to get all the lengthening done. Congrats!!  Keep up the work like you have been doing and I am sure you will get your gait back and see all of your new height.  Very happy for you, bruh!! 😎
CLL wannabe - waiting for Stryde return
171.5 cm (morning height)
171 cm (day height)
Wingspan: 179 cm
Goal height - 179 cm (femurs)

Serilium

« Reply #170 on: April 24, 2021, 07:45:57 PM »

Just noticed my typo. My bad

Respect to you FSchez for being brave and honest about this surgery. It's great to own up to it and be instead of being more neurotic or insecure about hiding the fact you did a height surgery. Good trait of a man. 👍

Cheers

Before the operation I had a slight hyperlordosis, and with the tension of my muscles in the last elongated centimeters I have noticed that my back is now much more curved ...

Seems like most people have a minor hyperlordosis issue before LL too, also called 'duckass' as they call it on this forum, and it gets worse during surgery. It's expected to get it near the final stages, no worries. You are almost there though, 7cm!.

FSchez

« Reply #171 on: April 24, 2021, 07:58:09 PM »

Wow!  Time flies my friend.  I can’t believe you only have 10 more days of lengthening and even less on the other side; you must be so excited to get all the lengthening done. Congrats!!  Keep up the work like you have been doing and I am sure you will get your gait back and see all of your new height.  Very happy for you, bruh!! 😎

Thank you very much, my friend!!
The first month and a half the days seemed very long, but now that I am close to ending the distraction, the days go by faster.
I suppose that now that I can sleep whole nights without suffering pain in my legs is an important factor ... ;D
I will work hard and put all my energy into regaining my flexibility and my physical form, I am already looking forward to it!💪

FSchez

« Reply #172 on: April 24, 2021, 08:59:32 PM »

Just noticed my typo. My bad

Seems like most people have a minor hyperlordosis issue before LL too, also called 'duckass' as they call it on this forum, and it gets worse during surgery. It's expected to get it near the final stages, no worries. You are almost there though, 7cm!.

Hi again Serilium!
Thanks for your comment.
About the correction I had understood you, although this way I already confirm that I understood you well ... 😊
The "duck ass" position the doctor told me before the operation that it used to happen, but since I didn't have that problem up to 5 cm long, I thought it wouldn't affect me ...
Now I have to work on that problem while I finish the distraction phase.
There is very little left !! 💪

FSchez

« Reply #173 on: April 26, 2021, 02:42:37 PM »

Day 93 after the operation (Monday 26 / April / 21):
Hi guys!!
After a weekend of rest, I have had time to stretch my legs a little more and work my lower back a bit.
At the moment the tension in my muscles is bearable and I continue to sleep through the nights without pain.

Even so, I continue to walk worse than a few weeks ago, here is a video of my walk:

I hope that the next video I will post when the distraction is completely over my walking will be the same or a little better.
I know it will be difficult but I will put all my effort to improve💪

Iwanttobetalleresp

• Visitor
« Reply #174 on: April 27, 2021, 12:35:33 PM »

Day 93 after the operation (Monday 26 / April / 21):
Hi guys!!
After a weekend of rest, I have had time to stretch my legs a little more and work my lower back a bit.
At the moment the tension in my muscles is bearable and I continue to sleep through the nights without pain.

Even so, I continue to walk worse than a few weeks ago, here is a video of my walk:

I hope that the next video I will post when the distraction is completely over my walking will be the same or a little better.
I know it will be difficult but I will put all my effort to improve💪

Why is that you cant walk normally? What Do you feel?

FSchez

« Reply #175 on: April 27, 2021, 01:28:00 PM »

Why is that you cant walk normally? What Do you feel?
I would love to be able to do it  ;D, I assure you, and I strive to achieve it but the psoas and the tensioners in the fascia lata prevent me from being able to carry my back straight and my legs together when I walk ...
Probably because they are the muscles that I have managed to stretch the least during distraction ...

FSchez

« Reply #176 on: April 27, 2021, 07:34:36 PM »

Day 94 after the operation (Tuesday 27 / April / 21):
Todayin the morning I had a physiotherapy session and my quadriceps and hamstrings are still fine. The physiotherapist has recommended me that I have to focus on my back these days and strengthen my abdomen. I have spent a long time stretching my hip flexor muscles and in the late afternoon I tried walking on the treadmill for 10 minutes:

At the beginning I started walking slowly, at 1 mile per hour and I have been increasing the speed up to 2 miles per hour at the end of the second minute. Since I feel a lot of tension in my lower back from trying to walk with my back straight after 6 minutes, I had to stop to stretch my hip flexor muscles and relax my back a bit. Shortly after I started walking on the treadmill again, this time at a slightly faster pace, I started at 2 miles per hour, the second minute I went up to 2.5 mph and I have lasted almost 4 minutes.
It seems incredible that a few months ago I could run for 40 minutes without a break at 9 miles per hour and now it seems like a great effort to endure 10 minutes walking... :-[

Even so, I hope to be able to walk a few minutes every day from now on and little by little increase the time walking because it has been very rewarding..😁

Going-For-Three

« Reply #177 on: April 28, 2021, 05:36:47 AM »

Hey FSchez, perhaps some of these will help with posture.

Crunches
Planks
Leg raises
Hip thrusts

They should help strengthen the abs and glutes, the weakness of which leads to lordosis/anterior pelvic tilt.

FSchez

« Reply #178 on: April 28, 2021, 01:50:46 PM »

Hey FSchez, perhaps some of these will help with posture.

Crunches
Planks
Leg raises
Hip thrusts

They should help strengthen the abs and glutes, the weakness of which leads to lordosis/anterior pelvic tilt.

Thank you very much!!
Any advice and help is welcome at this time to solve this problem ...
My physiotherapist has recommended that I practice with an exercise table to work my back, strengthen the abdomen and buttocks, but all exercise and advice is a great help, really!👍

Ahd1978

« Reply #179 on: April 28, 2021, 02:06:21 PM »

One I told you with band works like magic

Also lie on stomach and both arms and legs raised longer you stay this position better

Hope this helps

TheDream

« Reply #180 on: April 28, 2021, 02:47:23 PM »

Congrats on the achievements you have accomplished so far FSchez. Thank you for making videos they really give a rare insight into the recovery process.

Has your physiotherapist mentioned swimming or just walking in water? I think it might help as the force on the legs is less than on treadmills, but I am not an expert so I can't know for sure.

From your experience, does the difficulty in walking occur sometime after 4 cm of lengthening the femurs or do you think it happens much earlier than that?

Keep up the good work.

FSchez

« Reply #181 on: April 28, 2021, 05:55:40 PM »

One I told you with band works like magic

Also lie on stomach and both arms and legs raised longer you stay this position better

Hope this helps

Hi Ahd1978!
Using the elastic bands to strengthen the back and abdominal area is a good exercise, but I haven't had much time to practice it yet ...
The idea of ​​lying on my stomach and raising my legs and arms for a few minutes I have been practicing for a few days and it helps me a lot, but I still can't last long lying on my stomach with my legs up, my hip flexor muscles are very tense... :-[
I appreciate your advice, my friend !!

FSchez

« Reply #182 on: April 28, 2021, 06:09:57 PM »

Congrats on the achievements you have accomplished so far FSchez. Thank you for making videos they really give a rare insight into the recovery process.

Has your physiotherapist mentioned swimming or just walking in water? I think it might help as the force on the legs is less than on treadmills, but I am not an expert so I can't know for sure.

From your experience, does the difficulty in walking occur sometime after 4 cm of lengthening the femurs or do you think it happens much earlier than that?

Keep up the good work.

Thanks for your encouragement!
I think you are right, my physiotherapist has not advised me to walk in the pool, but I am sure it would be less aggressive on my back and swimming helps to stretch the trunk and improves the posture of the back.
I wish I could swim, but right now I don't have much time to go to a gym pool ...
I do stretching exercises whenever I find a time when I don't have a lot of work and I spend 30 minutes in the afternoons riding the exercise bike, going up and down stairs and taking a little walk in the garden or on the treadmill. I practice that almost every day, except when I have a lot of tension in my legs or the afternoon gets complicated ...
Today, for example, I have not been able to work my back nor have I been able to practice abs because I have spent all day with a sore back ... :(
Maybe yesterday I did too many exercises to strengthen my abs and glutes ... :-[

Ahd1978

« Reply #183 on: April 29, 2021, 08:04:58 AM »

I hear you brother

I am in exact same journey with you. Have also crossed 89 day from surgery

All of sudden the muscles get so tight.

I am at 7 cm distraction this weekend. It’s actually just so tight even excercises work for sometime.

I guess last phase gets tough beyond 7 cm. I am breathing deep and taking each day it comes.

I can feel your pain. But hang on we will make this through.

How is your sleep? I try to sleep in sides or nerves go nuts when straight and also legs feel like a thousand kilos to move

We all deserve a gold medal just to finish this journey

FSchez

« Reply #184 on: April 29, 2021, 09:09:20 AM »

I hear you brother

I am in exact same journey with you. Have also crossed 89 day from surgery

All of sudden the muscles get so tight.

I am at 7 cm distraction this weekend. It’s actually just so tight even excercises work for sometime.

I guess last phase gets tough beyond 7 cm. I am breathing deep and taking each day it comes.

I can feel your pain. But hang on we will make this through.

How is your sleep? I try to sleep in sides or nerves go nuts when straight and also legs feel like a thousand kilos to move

We all deserve a gold medal just to finish this journey

I totally agree with you...
From 6.5 or 7 cm, the fight against tightness and stiffness of the muscles is very hard. It is almost a losing battle, but you cannot give up because if you do you will need to work much harder when the distraction is over to regain flexibility ...
I am very overwhelmed by not being able to walk with my back straight, these last few days I have been walking like an old man, with my legs open and my back bent ...
I can only walk decently after a long stretching session.
The only good thing in my case is that I can sleep well at night. I sleep on my back with my legs wide open or lying on my side, otherwise it seems impossible due to the tension in my hips and my lower back ...
I hope we can laugh soon when we look back on these days in the future ;D
Stay strong my friend !! 💪

Ahd1978

« Reply #185 on: April 29, 2021, 09:50:22 AM »

I’m distracting .3 cm each week taking it slow

My goal is 7.8 cm just being shy of 8 as everyone has scared in forum of all crazy complications.

Yours is 8 cm and I think you will get there sooner. Firstly because you don’t have severe nerve pain. I agree about walking I am also walking super slow as all muscles are tight and now back is starting to take the toll.

Guess it’s good to know our journeys are similar so praying and rooting for you to finish soon brother

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up