Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: My LL Journey - Tibia LON - Dr. Pradip Sharma  (Read 11091 times)

Keynes

My LL Journey - Tibia LON - Dr. Pradip Sharma
« on: February 17, 2021, 12:39:48 PM »

So, I did it…

I am putting this diary out of boredom and more than that as a payback to this forum, which I have lurked for almost a year and a half before arriving the decision to finally do the dare. I hope my journey will help the prospective in their decision to do this life altering surgery, just like experiences of the vetran LLr's have helped in mine. As much as I want to continue anonymous without posting any graphics, I very much understand that putting only text will be of no help given the nature of this surgery and will only attract the critics. So, I’ll try my best to be as detailed as possible while maintaining my anonymity.

Original height: 165-166cm
Goal: 5 to 5.5 cm
Method: LON Tibia
Date of Surgery: 9 February 2021

Day of the Surgery (Day 0):
Woke up 5 am super positive and excited, prayed the god for my wellbeing, had a chat with a few loved ones. The surgery was schedule at 1 pm, started my journey, had my close relatives drive me to the hospital. At almost half-way, I could feel all that positivity and excitement wearing off and turning into a skepticism. Arrived the hospital, was accompanied by Dr. Harry (physiotherapist). Hospital was upscale and matched pretty much to the standards of the west. Filled in all the formalities, staff took my vitals, measured my height (came out 165-166cm), showed me my private room, I changed my clothes and prepared for the operation. That moment I was so scared, a thought to back out did cross my mind. Finally, was laid on the bed and given several injectables, though the one that pained me the most was the Anti-bacterial (this is the one that is injected on the skin)

Outside the OT: Scared to  , confusion was paramount, was seriously wondering if I really need to go through this

Inside the OT: Literally had a panic attack, intense dilemma on the inside – a part of the mind was screaming to turn back and go home, while the other part was thinking of all the struggle and research I had done to be here. On the outside was sitting still and anxiously staring at all the doctors and nurses in the OT. Just before the operation, asked the doctor if I could use the toilet break – he calmly said no worries will take care of it.
Next thing I had the epidural (this one was painful), this made my lower limbs numb, I asked the doc to put me to sleep. I was waking up on and off during the procedure but couldn’t really feel anything. Operation took around 7 Hrs.

Post Op, in the room – Dr Pradip and Harry paid visit twice everyday

Day 1-2: was under the effect of epidural, pain was on and off but manageable, I’d say 1-6 on 10 but mostly 4-5. Doctor paid a visit and assured that the surgery was successful. Was able move my feet in all directions – left, right, front, back

Day 2 (night): Not much pain from the surgery, only discomfort. Harry lifted my legs and made me sit, felt good to touch the floor

Day 3: Not much pain, but too much discomfort, stomach become very upset (felt like gas explosions taking place inside). In the night I had the epidural removed so after 3-4 hour I started feeling my legs, pain level rose but still a lot manageable. Dr renewed my dressing; I could see stiches on my legs

Day 4: Bad day – effect of epidural wore out, felt stinging pain in the legs, same day had the catheter removed (this is painful, gives a burning sensation with the first piss, so I held me urine and was slowly discharging it), stomach pain, acidity, constipation intensified, another stress came from wanting to poop but unable to. Felt bit feverish, there was headache, pain in eyes. Was given anemia in the night but no help.

Day 5: Harry somehow made me sit on the pot, was then able to pass the stool – weird but was heavenly. Big relief on the stomach. Was feeling much better. Fever, headache came significantly down but was still there. Discharged the hospital in the afternoon and was shifted to the hotel.

A key point to highlight – before the surgery (i.e. the research phase), I significantly underestimated the discomfort and gave more importance to pain. But now having gone through the surgery, I can certainly tell the case is otherwise. Among others, the biggest discomfort for me was unable to pass the stool.

But worry not all of that subsides once you are out of the hospital.

That's all for now, will upload more details and pictures as I proceed in the journey
Starting Height (M/E) - 165/166cm
Ending Height - Approx. 171 cm (Gained a little over 5.5cm)
Surgery: 9 Feb 2021; Frames Removed: 10 May 2021
Current Status: In Consolidation Phase
Link to diary - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66225.0

Jamesy998

Re: My LL Journey - Tibia LON - Dr. Pradip Sharma
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 01:01:54 PM »

Ignore any negativity man, looking forward to updates.
LON method | Dr. Halil Buldu | 2021
Diary | http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66007.0

more

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 04:35:14 PM »

Stay away from brainwashed person who do not know anything about limb lengthening

Kal el

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 08:11:31 PM »

Shut the fk up u little twat..dnt poke ur little pecker everywhere....fkng scammer..if u wanna do the surgery thn do it..dn't speak  .

Keynes

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 02:33:41 AM »

Ignore any negativity man, looking forward to updates.

Hey Man, read your diary stay strong and wish u all the best. :)

Keynes

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2021, 02:35:34 AM »

I am having trouble posting pictures, can anyone help.
Thanks

permanentlybanned

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2021, 02:47:15 AM »

Upload to imgbb.com

Then copy the link/address here
Permanently banned by Medium Drink of Water due to non-maliciously spamming one singular time.

Keynes

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2021, 06:12:44 AM »

x rays - next day after the surgery:
right leg - https://imgur.com/QzDrGNL
left leg - https://imgur.com/BSleBks

About a week after surgery -
https://imgur.com/7gTlGvw
https://imgur.com/60GdvP6

Trying some moves (about 1 week post op) -> https://imgur.com/zBNIK11

Jamesy998

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2021, 06:13:04 AM »

Hey Man, read your diary stay strong and wish u all the best. :)

Thank you

Keynes

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2021, 06:23:35 AM »

Day 8: Did nothing much, internet speed is very bad, mostly sat on the bed, did some exercises, Harry came and cleaned the pin sites, he said that lengthening will start from tomorrow

Day 9: Harry came in the morning said that lengthening will start from today. food last night was a little off-beat, so i gave my options / preferences. Feeling feverish towards the mid-day. Frames are heavy, and you feel a sting sort of pain especially when moving around on a chair. I am able to sit with legs down. I can lift my legs with support from the thigh / glutes. He advised me a couple of more exercises. Will get a new room today, with a private internet connection. Started lengthening from today - did 1mm turn on the frames.

Day 10: Turned the frame by 0.25mm first time by myself, today I'll get a new room and my private internet. I got the wifi installed. Was hoping to meet the doctor, but I guess he'll come later. Condition of legs: there is No pain at all especially when legs are resting; flexibility and ROM has improved a lot, sill there is shock sort of pain when moving around but does not last for long. I think exercise is the key. Also left leg feels relatively heavier and more sore than the right. Ended the day with fever took PCM.

Keynes

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2021, 01:20:10 PM »

Day 10: My bowl movement has finally improved, today bandages were removed, I could see all the stiches and osteotomy site. Body feels more mobile and active than before. When resting there is no pain in legs, also when moving the pain is lot lesser than before. My left leg is getting better, and almost matching to the condition of the right. i feel my legs have adjusted to the frame. Although sleeping is fine, i am mostly sleeping on the back. i do try to sleep sideways but it requires a lot of adjustment with the frame, so not enough options here. Sometimes I feel feverish due to the change of weather here.

Keynes

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2021, 10:40:37 AM »

Day 11: Dr. stopped painkiller last night, this morning legs were feeling sore especially when moving from one place to another. Exercises felt tiring but post exercise legs felt stronger. Overall body is feeling tired and very exhausted. I am feeling very lazy today. Tried lifting my left leg with support of glutes and using the resistance band;  although I m able to lift the leg but it feels painful at the osteotomy site. Right leg is relatively better.

Deletedaccount_67574

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2021, 03:21:14 PM »

Interesting diary bro, would you recommend for people to do this based on your current experience? How do you consider the pain to be? Bearable mostly? Or excruciating?

Keynes

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2021, 03:33:18 AM »

Interesting diary bro, would you recommend for people to do this based on your current experience? How do you consider the pain to be? Bearable mostly? Or excruciating?

Thanks bro.

I'd say this is a major surgery and truly a personal choice for anyone to make. I am not sure if anybody recommending this to anyone will work unless the person who wants it is determined and desperate in his mind. Well speaking from the personal experience, if you are really committed for this you'll do your best research (both online and meeting patients in person) and work your way to the best doctor that satisfies u the most.

My current experience has been good so far with both Doctor and Physio.

About pain - nothing that I didn't expect. Soreness is there but bearable. I haven't taken painkillers for sometime now and I hope to continue the same way.

Keynes

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2021, 06:06:32 AM »

Day 12: Today is better, pain is lesser. Left leg, although weak compared to the right, is better and feels more active than yesterday. Pain on the osteotomy site is lot lesser. On the right however there is a twitching sort of pain on the stitch site closer to the knee. ROM is getting better but only after good amount of exercises, so u really have to put in a lot, u cannot simply rest. Physio is very important here, perhaps the key to successful LL. Today I have got a pair of 5kg dumbbells, I have started doing the upper body exercises. 

overandover

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2021, 11:43:03 AM »

Thanks for sharing your experience. I want to ask 1 question if you don't mind.
How do you feel mentally? Do you feel tired or do you normal apart from some pain in the legs? I am asking cause I want to understand if someone will be able to work remotely during the distraction phase.

Keynes

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2021, 12:14:20 PM »

Thanks for sharing your experience. I want to ask 1 question if you don't mind.
How do you feel mentally? Do you feel tired or do you normal apart from some pain in the legs? I am asking cause I want to understand if someone will be able to work remotely during the distraction phase.

This is a very good question. Well I am a finance professional, and before the surgery I made sure to gather all the gear essential for smooth remote working. With only 12 days since the operation, I feel really hard to focus not just 'coz of pain but discomfort too. Your legs need time to adjust to the frame, pain is on and off, not too much but makes it really hard to focus, at times the body feels exhausted to an extent that you don't step off the bed, then there is physio, sleeping in on position and so on. I requested my organization to extend my leave until this Wednesday, but I will definitely try for a further extension on my leave, until at least next week. I think by that time I'll get used to my condition and should be able to find focus to work.

Keynes

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2021, 05:09:47 PM »

Day 13: Today there was pain in the right leg at the osteotomy site, similar to what was there in the left leg couple of days earlier. It came to notice when I was doing lifting exercise. Left leg continues to feel uneasy and weak, I have increased reps for left leg to build more strength. Eagerly waiting to reach my goal and hop out of these bulky frames. Today Harry provided a solution to the lingering pain in my left leg. After his remedy the pain level significantly reduced. Harry is indeed an expert physio, his methods are rational. Before providing any solution he educates you of the entire phenomena of why the problem is there, what is it related to, how long its going to persist, etc. LL is a long journey and honestly living in frames I don't know what lies ahead for me in the future, but so far I am content with services here. There are some issues with the hotel services but not very major, I can live with that.

Keynes

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2021, 03:39:03 PM »

Day 14: Tired of sleeping in same posture. Not much difference in the condition of legs. Counting my days to normal life. Twitching on the left leg around the bone break site feels intensified, but bearable. Experiencing loss of muscle in the left thigh. Pin sites are now feeling tighter on both legs, especially around the ankle.

Jamesy998

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2021, 03:48:31 PM »

Day 14: Tired of sleeping in same posture. Not much difference in the condition of legs. Counting my days to normal life. Twitching on the left leg around the bone break site feels intensified, but bearable. Experiencing loss of muscle in the left thigh. Pin sites are now feeling tighter on both legs, especially around the ankle.

All is normal don't worry, I had the exact same pains and it eventually goes away.

Keynes

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2021, 02:27:59 AM »

All is normal don't worry, I had the exact same pains and it eventually goes away.

Hi bro, Thanks. just one thing - Did u also have pain in your left leg? do you mind if I ask where did you get the most pain - near the site where they put the rod or the site where they break bone? Based on your experience in what time does this pain it go away?

Thanks and all the Best

Jamesy998

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2021, 11:13:25 AM »

Hi bro, Thanks. just one thing - Did u also have pain in your left leg? do you mind if I ask where did you get the most pain - near the site where they put the rod or the site where they break bone? Based on your experience in what time does this pain it go away?

Thanks and all the Best

Pain went away after 1.5 months. My pains were all in the right leg, its different from person to person. My pains were mostly in the right knee.

Keynes

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2021, 11:59:51 AM »

Pain went away after 1.5 months. My pains were all in the right leg, its different from person to person. My pains were mostly in the right knee.

Thanks, and all the best!

Keynes

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2021, 03:55:26 PM »

Day 15: Nothing much to report, life is monotonous. Sleeping, Breakfast, Lunch, PT, internet, PT, Dinner and sleeping. Pain is there but gotten used to it, I don't bother to care anymore. However, I do report every small development related to legs to Harry on his each visit in order to stay cautious.

Jamesy998

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2021, 05:01:59 PM »

Day 15: Nothing much to report, life is monotonous. Sleeping, Breakfast, Lunch, PT, internet, PT, Dinner and sleeping. Pain is there but gotten used to it, I don't bother to care anymore. However, I do report every small development related to legs to Harry on his each visit in order to stay cautious.

I remember I used to report and ask about every small detail too until I learned what ALL of them were haha, but now i feel much more at ease, you will too eventually, hang in there mate.

Zion

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2021, 05:37:01 PM »

Good luck man I am also in the process with Dr Buldu. So far I am happy I am already doing this. We will kill this height neurosis and live a more happy life. Hang in there and when in pain, remember you are growing taller!

Keynes

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2021, 03:47:58 AM »

Hey Zion, Thanks Brother, indeed what u said is true. Such kind words words really empower u especially in these stressful times. 

Wish u all the best, and may god give us all the fastest recovery.  :)

Keynes

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2021, 03:56:38 AM »

I remember I used to report and ask about every small detail too until I learned what ALL of them were haha, but now i feel much more at ease, you will too eventually, hang in there mate.

I Guess so. Just keeping tight and hoping for the same. Anyways Thanks mate, I really appreciate your generous character. God bless us all.

Stay Strong!

montahn

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2021, 09:34:24 AM »

So, I did it…

I am putting this diary out of boredom and more than that as a payback to this forum, which I have lurked for almost a year and a half before arriving the decision to finally do the dare. I hope my journey will help the prospective in their decision to do this life altering surgery, just like experiences of the vetran LLr's have helped in mine. As much as I want to continue anonymous without posting any graphics, I very much understand that putting only text will be of no help given the nature of this surgery and will only attract the critics. So, I’ll try my best to be as detailed as possible while maintaining my anonymity.

Original height: 165-166cm
Goal: 5 to 5.5 cm
Method: LON Tibia
Date of Surgery: 9 February 2021

Day of the Surgery (Day 0):
Woke up 5 am super positive and excited, prayed the god for my wellbeing, had a chat with a few loved ones. The surgery was schedule at 1 pm, started my journey, had my close relatives drive me to the hospital. At almost half-way, I could feel all that positivity and excitement wearing off and turning into a skepticism. Arrived the hospital, was accompanied by Dr. Harry (physiotherapist). Hospital was upscale and matched pretty much to the standards of the west. Filled in all the formalities, staff took my vitals, measured my height (came out 165-166cm), showed me my private room, I changed my clothes and prepared for the operation. That moment I was so scared, a thought to back out did cross my mind. Finally, was laid on the bed and given several injectables, though the one that pained me the most was the Anti-bacterial (this is the one that is injected on the skin)

Outside the OT: Scared to  , confusion was paramount, was seriously wondering if I really need to go through this

Inside the OT: Literally had a panic attack, intense dilemma on the inside – a part of the mind was screaming to turn back and go home, while the other part was thinking of all the struggle and research I had done to be here. On the outside was sitting still and anxiously staring at all the doctors and nurses in the OT. Just before the operation, asked the doctor if I could use the toilet break – he calmly said no worries will take care of it.
Next thing I had the epidural (this one was painful), this made my lower limbs numb, I asked the doc to put me to sleep. I was waking up on and off during the procedure but couldn’t really feel anything. Operation took around 7 Hrs.

Post Op, in the room – Dr Pradip and Harry paid visit twice everyday

Day 1-2: was under the effect of epidural, pain was on and off but manageable, I’d say 1-6 on 10 but mostly 4-5. Doctor paid a visit and assured that the surgery was successful. Was able move my feet in all directions – left, right, front, back

Day 2 (night): Not much pain from the surgery, only discomfort. Harry lifted my legs and made me sit, felt good to touch the floor

Day 3: Not much pain, but too much discomfort, stomach become very upset (felt like gas explosions taking place inside). In the night I had the epidural removed so after 3-4 hour I started feeling my legs, pain level rose but still a lot manageable. Dr renewed my dressing; I could see stiches on my legs

Day 4: Bad day – effect of epidural wore out, felt stinging pain in the legs, same day had the catheter removed (this is painful, gives a burning sensation with the first piss, so I held me urine and was slowly discharging it), stomach pain, acidity, constipation intensified, another stress came from wanting to poop but unable to. Felt bit feverish, there was headache, pain in eyes. Was given anemia in the night but no help.

Day 5: Harry somehow made me sit on the pot, was then able to pass the stool – weird but was heavenly. Big relief on the stomach. Was feeling much better. Fever, headache came significantly down but was still there. Discharged the hospital in the afternoon and was shifted to the hotel.

A key point to highlight – before the surgery (i.e. the research phase), I significantly underestimated the discomfort and gave more importance to pain. But now having gone through the surgery, I can certainly tell the case is otherwise. Among others, the biggest discomfort for me was unable to pass the stool.

But worry not all of that subsides once you are out of the hospital.

That's all for now, will upload more details and pictures as I proceed in the journey

following...

162cm  goal 177cm
Morning height: 164cm Afternoon/Night: 163cm

overandover

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2021, 01:03:21 PM »

Are you doing anything to speed up the recovery? Have you thought about taking bone marrow aspirate concentrate?

Keynes

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2021, 02:06:45 PM »

Are you doing anything to speed up the recovery? Have you thought about taking bone marrow aspirate concentrate?

What's that ?? I never heard of it, nor my Dr. recommended it so far.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up