Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: My LL Journey - Tibia LON - Dr. Pradip Sharma  (Read 11092 times)

Keynes

Re: My LL Journey - Tibia LON - Dr. Pradip Sharma
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2021, 12:40:29 PM »

Hey Keynes, good to see you got through the fever and progressing towards your goal.  I’ll be joining you shorting as I’m arriving on 4/2.  Looking forward to meet you and become your LL mate;)

Sure man, you are most welcome. I am glad to meet you over the forum and will be even more delighted to meet you in person. See you soon. Take care.   :)
Starting Height (M/E) - 165/166cm
Ending Height - Approx. 171 cm (Gained a little over 5.5cm)
Surgery: 9 Feb 2021; Frames Removed: 10 May 2021
Current Status: In Consolidation Phase
Link to diary - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66225.0

overandover

« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2021, 12:54:19 PM »

how can I contact your surgeon or harry? Is there a number? I can't find it anywhere. Can you dm me or post it here?

Keynes

« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2021, 12:59:36 PM »

Day 39: Today was better. While standing, I lifted my walker completely in the air so technically I was 100% weight bearing on my legs. However, Harry instructed me to use the walker support to avoid the case of pin bending. This time the walking was better as instead of dragging the walker I was lifting it up and then stepping forward, so it was much smoother. I wanted to try little bit of independent walking with frames on but there was some pain due to jerk while lifting the leg up. Also, Harry denied putting too much pressure on the frame, so I guess that'll have to wait. Overall, both feet are feeling tighter and take a few seconds to touch base.

Day 41: The happiness didn't last long. Today was bad, experienced swelling around the pin site closer to knee on the left leg. Due to this, it was painful to bend the knee and even painful when releasing the leg back to 180 degree straight. Harry said it was due to excessive weight bearing on the legs (Day 39) which had put pressure on the pins irritating the surrounding muscles therefore, causing the region to swell.

Day 42: No improvement in the swelling, I took my first painkiller in this journey so far (breaking the vow to myself). Some of the pain is also 'coz of pin tearing the skin. Harry said this is normal and shall go away in 2-3 days. I hope he is right as the pain level is very high, especially when moving the leg. I don't want to take any more pain killers.

Day 43: Today swelling is relieved, pain is much better and I am able to bend the knee. I did a lot of icing on the swelled region, also I took one anti-inflammatory. Harry suggested one more day of rest, will resume standing from tomorrow onwards. Although, I get a feeling that I can stand independently and even walk with some effort, but it is important not to rush, weight bear more responsibly on the frames and stay focused on the ultimate goal.

Keynes

« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2021, 01:03:54 PM »

how can I contact your surgeon or harry? Is there a number? I can't find it anywhere. Can you dm me or post it here?

You can reach them on +91-9560867721 (WhatsApp); email: heryshgr@gmail.com
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 03:10:52 PM by Keynes »

Keynes

« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2021, 04:00:00 PM »

Day 44: Had to take another painkiller, pain relief noted earlier was due to painkiller. Harry cleaned the pin sites. Hope swelling comes down in1-2 days.

Day 46: Today Dr. paid a visit, he checked my legs and everything was ok. According to the doctor, swelling was due to some liquid collected at the site of pin cut / tear. Harry pricked the site to release the fluid. Now I feel much better. ROM has also improved. Started doing little exercises. Hoping to get out of these frames as soon as possible.

Day 47: Today I resumed my exercises - standing with walker, standing against the wall, etc. For some reason I don’t know my left leg feels comparatively more stiff than the right.

more

« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2021, 04:30:53 PM »

Already told you about left leg. You believe or not its upto you.

Keynes

« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2021, 11:53:43 PM »

Already told you about left leg. You believe or not its upto you.

What you mentioned me earlier was something about tibial torsion which was medically wrong and completely out of the curriculum (not even related to LL). I also borrowed second opinion on that to be extra diligent.

What I mentioned in my recent post was that I feel my left leg relatively more stiff than the right, which I believe is common for most patients while they are in the frames. According to the Dr., this will subside as I remove the frame.

Request you not to twist the facts to force your invalid logics. Incase you want some clarification for your own personal knowledge you can contact my medical team on the number I mentioned in my earlier post, I am sure they will be happy to help.

Plus, I am curious to know - are you doctor, prospective patient, or a vetran LL'r??

Keynes

« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2021, 11:10:31 AM »

A video from my PT session shot day before yesterday. This is me walking in frames using walker.

https://imgur.com/dFSmtMm

Keynes

« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2021, 11:36:32 AM »

Keynes

« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2021, 07:31:10 AM »

Day 60: Back after a long time. Time flew fast, thanks to the hectic office work that I picked from this week on. Finally it is the weekend, the same old excitement that u get after a week long hustle, guess some feelings neva die. Today I decided to end the day with a bottle of beer. As I gulp my drink and sail in high spirits, my nostalgia kicks in and brings me a bunch of old memories to ponder over. I am missing my life, family and friends, can't wait to get back to my normal.

This journey is different and unique in its own way. In LL you are served in a platter, an assortment of mental, financial and physical (trust me this is the least important) pain, I don't think there is any other pain left for you to test after this. TBH if you make out normal without troubles this journey is truly a gem of experience, it has a potential to transform you to a much better personality (if u r in ur right mind). It makes you mentally stronger and balanced, and introduces you to the real you, the one that is deep inside.
That's my two cents on life with LL. Wish all u beautiful people a good life and time with you near and dear ones. Take care. Will write an update on my condition in the next post. Good Night. Cheers!"

Keynes

« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2021, 03:02:07 AM »

Day 61: As I come closer to achieving my target, I can feel the dysphoria leaving my mind already. I was told that height alone can't bring success in life (there are taller people who are not successful) but yes, if you can use it smartly in a combination with your other skills it can certainly add on to your strength and improve the outcome of your life. Its been a while, height is not something that I care about anymore but yeah there is definitely some excitement about going out and living a new life but I know there is still a lot of time left before I can do that all perfectly.

A quick update about the condition as promised - legs are normal as per Harry, pain is there but on and off mainly due to the pin tearing. I don't have any ballerina yet but some tightness definitely, especially in the right foot. Overall, I have become a lot weaker, I can feel weight loss, I can see my collar bones popping out, my thighs have lost too much muscle and hanging loose. According to Harry, this will get better as I start walking and the muscles will recover and regain tightness. I am still lengthening at 0.75mm per day, pulling each turn at about 8 hour interval. I believe this is good as it gives enough time for the soft tissues to heal, relax and stretch before the next turn.

As mentioned earlier, I have started doing my office work which was an issue before, it takes my mind off the discomfort and other things, however the bad posture has started giving me back pain, especially around the upper hip area. This is due to continuously sitting in one posture for long hours.

My PT is progressing well, I have limited my walking to once or twice a week in order to avoid pressure on the pins but I do make sure to stand on a daily basis. I hope to see things get better in the near term.

Another thing - Hotel staff has gone very lazy and keeps you waiting for small tasks, may be its due to the rising corona cases and lockdowns that they have cut down there staff. Not liking food for sometime now. This is all for now can't think of anything else to put down. Until my next post, have a good time and take care. Peace.

Deletedaccount_67574

« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2021, 11:24:59 AM »

Do u see yourself returning to normal walking and activities besides sports after 6 months?

Keynes

« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2021, 03:28:07 PM »

Do u see yourself returning to normal walking and activities besides sports after 6 months?

I hope so. Currently, I am in frames, in the distraction phase and bed ridden for most of the time. 

Deletedaccount_67574

« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2021, 07:00:51 AM »

:'(  Hope you get well soon. So far how are your feelings about you having done this surgery? Do you regret it from the mobility loss? Or you are confident of the future. This carries so much uncertainty Im scared to get it yet motivated.

Keynes

« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2021, 02:08:34 PM »

:'(  Hope you get well soon. So far how are your feelings about you having done this surgery? Do you regret it from the mobility loss? Or you are confident of the future. This carries so much uncertainty Im scared to get it yet motivated.

I feel satisfied about having done this procedure, as I had it in mind for a long time. At least I'll now move on form thinking about height at all the time.

Mobility loss is temporary and part of the procedure. It is not something which came to me as a surprise. It is a known fact to anyone who calls for this life altering procedure.

About future and confidence - I'd like to think positive but it remains to be seen.

About uncertainty - the element of uncertainty is always going to be present in almost anything and everything you do in life, let alone the LL. However, with proper information and research you can certainly work your way to minimize the probability of mishaps. I did a lot of research prior to entering this ordeal. I met a lot of patients and was in touch with most of them for almost an year. While some had stopped responding, I was so desperate and stubborn that didn't stop chasing them, I did a lot of cross questioning with the doctor, made a list of all viable options, spent nights filtering internet for the relevant info, I made an excel on active patients journey (measuring their time in frames to start walking). Also I can't finish thanking this forum which was extremely helpful and central to my research, and eventually the decision to do LL.

It is obvious to get scared (I was too, no denying) given the nature of this surgery. But based on my research, I am confident about my team and the potential outcome. However, I will be more happy and confident once I get out of these frames and start realizing those mini goals (like walking, jogging, etc.) towards the conclusion of this journey.

Deletedaccount_67574

« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2021, 02:47:41 PM »

Thanks for replying. Will likely get LON for its relatively low price compared to internals. How long will you need to be in frames before you can get it removed?

Keynes

« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2021, 12:34:40 PM »

Thanks for replying. Will likely get LON for its relatively low price compared to internals. How long will you need to be in frames before you can get it removed?

LON is good, its classic and much cheaper. In LON they use traditional titanium rods which find application in a variety of orthopedic procedures, unlike Stryde which is only for LL (I think). Also given the controversies around internal nails these days, LON is the best option there is for LL. The only problem with LON is the discomfort due to being in frames.

The time spent in frames depends on your goal. For 5cm, its around 2 months.

Deletedaccount_67574

« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2021, 07:26:01 AM »

Right. How's everything going for you this week Keynes?

Keynes

« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2021, 12:18:40 PM »

Day 72: Crossed 5cm this week, both ankles are feeling tighter but tightness in right foot is relatively higher. In the morning, I woke up to a severe pain around the pin site under the knee on my right leg. I had to take pain killer. According to Harry, the pain was due to lying with bent knee for long hours. Basically, I was doing that posture to support my laptop while working. He advised to keep the leg straight, and hopefully pain shall come down. Today, I tried standing but couldn't do it due to pain in the right leg. Earlier this week, I had a swelling in the right foot near ankle which was due to putting too much pressure on the pin while standing.

Keynes

« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2021, 12:22:40 PM »

Day 75: I have come closer to my target, will do lengthening for only next couple of days. Hopefully, I should be out of frames by the end of next week. There is a very bad corona situation here due to which everything is going for a toss. Hospitals are being very cautious in admitting patients, covid  test has been made mandatory and results are getting delayed by 5-6 days. Indeed, this is a difficult time.

Update on my condition - Legs are better, pain in the right leg has come down but is still. I am trying to avoid painkiller as much as I can instead I take Pcm when in need. Today I did standing and some walking on my own. While standing my left leg heel touches floor but right leg heel takes almost a minute extra before touching the floor. So my right leg foot is relatively tighter, and needs extra work. Sometimes, I am feel irritated and frustrated of being in bed, in the room all the time. I am desperately in need of some fresh air. My patience level has gone down especially as I near my goal. I hope these days get over soon and I start walking.

Stretch

• Considering LL
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2021, 01:16:02 PM »

I hope these days get over soon and I start walking.

[/quote]

Thank you for your diary posts.

I am also considering LON Tibia.

Hopefully you reach your goal in due course.

Want-3-inches

« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2021, 06:05:48 PM »

Are they really still performing these operations in India? What will happen if someone in your guest home gets a severe complication and needs hospitalisation now?

Keynes

« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2021, 04:56:01 AM »

I hope these days get over soon and I start walking.

Thank you for your diary posts.

I am also considering LON Tibia.

Hopefully you reach your goal in due course.

Thanks.

Keynes

« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2021, 05:21:47 AM »

Are they really still performing these operations in India? What will happen if someone in your guest home gets a severe complication and needs hospitalisation now?

Yeah I was anxious too but according to my doctor, for general category patients there is no problem in admission.

Want-3-inches

« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2021, 08:57:31 AM »

Yeah I was anxious too but according to my doctor, for general category patients there is no problem in admission.

Good to know! The news from India is scary. Hope you all stay safe!

Keynes

« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2021, 04:15:45 AM »

Yeah, this corona situation is going bizarre. Daily cases are climbing through the roof.

Sharing my x-rays below, I have reached my desired length so I have stopped lengthening. Yesterday, I only turned my right leg to compensate for 1mm discrepancy. Right now I am waiting for my COVID result and if all is well, I will proceed with the operation to remove the frames.
My lengthening (distraction phase) journey has been really smooth opposite to what I had imagined at the start. The only struggling points, where I actually felt pain was when I crossed 3cm mark and 5cm mark. Apart from that, it has been mostly discomfort (from not being able  to sleep, lack of mobility, pin irritation, etc.) rather pain. I can't wait to see the next phase of rehabilitation.

Meanwhile, there is no denying these are unprecedented times and I hope all stay safe and get properly vaccinated in time. Good luck and best wishes.

https://imgur.com/E6qampe
https://imgur.com/jBzATSp

firefly

« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2021, 05:21:21 PM »

Hlw bhaiya..i've met with you few days ago along with harry sir. I need some personal info from you.Hope u'll help me out.Can i contact u personally?This is my mail id-mavijit15@gmail.com.🙏

Keynes

« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2021, 07:14:48 AM »

Hlw bhaiya..i've met with you few days ago along with harry sir. I need some personal info from you.Hope u'll help me out.Can i contact u personally?This is my mail id-mavijit15@gmail.com.🙏

Hi, I am happy to help but not quite comfortable in sharing my personal contact, which I hope you'll understand. However, you can connect with me by calling Harry's phone and I'll be happy to answer to all your queries. Or u can personal msg me here on the forum.

Best wishes, have a good day ahead! 

overandover

« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2021, 05:03:07 PM »

If you could afford stryde what would you choose between LON and stryde given that stryde is at least 3 times or more expensive.

Keynes

« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2021, 05:45:06 PM »

If you could afford stryde what would you choose between LON and stryde given that stryde is at least 3 times or more expensive.

Prior to issues with the internal nail, may be. But in the present day after learning the problems with internals, I would again go for LON over internals. 

Keynes

« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2021, 06:12:13 PM »

Status Update: Unfortunately, I am still in frames. My frame removal surgery was scheduled for Friday last week but Dr. Sharma's COVID result came positive so he is observing quarantine and my surgery got postponed by 10 days. Meanwhile, Harry is utilizing the time by training me with more stressful exercises. We have increased the standing time, we are walking more in frames using the walker.

Condition of legs: Much better, I am regaining the flexibility. tightness in ankles is there but much lesser. Wounds from the first surgery have lightened a lot, but noticeable to certain degree. Only when I bend my knee, I feel some soreness due to pin tear below the knee area on the backside of the leg. As per Harry, the reason behind this relief in legs condition is because I have stopped lengthening. Harry has advised me to turn only 0.25mm once every two days, so to make sure that I don't loose any height due to pin pressure while doing rehab.

Seriously, can't wait to hop out of these frames. Its becoming difficult to kill time now.

Will post my in-frames walking video soon
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up