Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tall guy proportions - Quorthon  (Read 867 times)

a

• 5'9
Tall guy proportions - Quorthon
« on: March 24, 2021, 11:21:06 PM »

The lead singer of the black metal band called Bathory.

Insane vocals, guitar riffs. I love them.
Quorthon was standing at 198 cm tall.

https://ibb.co/4jyYf4r

Small torso long legs. Looks intense af.
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

Jamesy998

Re: Tall guy proportions - Quorthon
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 11:26:42 PM »

His legs are long but he is also standing on an uphill making his tibias seem longer than they are.
LON method | Dr. Halil Buldu | 2021
Diary | http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66007.0

Worzezterlire

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 11:34:49 PM »

I think a 49-51% inseam ratio actually looks fine if not pretty good, but you HAVE to be at least fairly tall for it to work.  If you looked like him at 5’8 it would be pretty weird IMO.  At 6’ it’s fine and at 6’3+ I think it actually looks great or normal.

My theory (not backed by hard data but more by visual observation) is that inseam ratio is not a simple distribution, but a three dimensional distribution.  To explain, there probably is a “normal” inseam ratio mean that is 46% or so.  But the taller the group of people, the higher this mean is; likewise with shorter people.  E.g., 6’2” people having an average inseam ratio of 49% with a SD of 3%, and 5’4” people having an average inseam ratio of 44% with a SD of 3%, and the average (lets say 5’10) height having an inseam ratio mean of 46% with a SD of 2%. 

Again, not backed by data, more of a hunch.  That’s why people with stubby legs will look “short” and people with long legs will look “tall” regardless of true height.  My theory is that we read people this way because we subconsciously know that tall people are “supposed” to have longer legs, and short people are “supposed” to have short ones, because we’ve seen tens or hundreds of thousands of people at various heights and our mind has equated those features with height.

Or not, I could be way off base.  Just a personal theory.

Edit: a bit nonsequitor, but I’ve also noticed that in visual media, “long legs” seem to be a visual shorthand for implied height.  For example, this picture of all the James Bond actors with exaggerated leg lengths to make them look super tall:

a

• 5'9
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2021, 11:38:03 PM »

No you nailed it. We both think in the same way.

If i get to do 2 surgeries which is unlikely, and become 185cm. I'll look like this. I meant, as the inseam ratio. I'll have kinda long legs but not abnormally.
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

Worzezterlire

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2021, 01:13:01 AM »

If i get to do 2 surgeries which is unlikely, and become 185cm. I'll look like this. I meant, as the inseam ratio. I'll have kinda long legs but not abnormally.

I think an additional thing of importance is that wingspan doesn’t get too short and that you have a frame that doesn’t look bad at your new height.  I think having two of the three components (good wingspan, good frame, good inseam ratio) is enough to not look suspicious to anyone.  Having a least one is probably essential.

For example, a lot of tall Dutch men seem to have very weak frames but have long arms and normal inseam ratios (see: Mark Rutte).  Or you may have a weak wingspan but a great frame and inseam (see: Henry Cavill).  Or like your OP pic, the inseam is the only thing that’s a bit “abnormal” (even though we both seem to agree it’s very normal looking at 185+).

Sambollio

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2021, 11:46:41 PM »

I feel like a notice a lot of tall people whose height comes from their legs and have average torsos.

Serilium

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2021, 03:31:11 AM »

I feel like a notice a lot of tall people whose height comes from their legs and have average torsos.

I am 164 I have virtually the same sitting height as my 180cm friend. And I don't consider my own torso to be big either. So yea I agree alot

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2021, 05:53:09 AM »

I'm tired and need to go to bed.  But now I have to stay up and listen to Woodwoman.  Thanks a lot. :P

Jamesy998

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2021, 09:35:26 AM »

Why are you so obsessed with being like 200cm my guy?
LON method | Dr. Halil Buldu | 2021
Diary | http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66007.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up