Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Solving height dysphoria without LL  (Read 540 times)

TJ2021

• Visitor
Solving height dysphoria without LL
« on: March 29, 2021, 08:30:26 PM »

I have been lurking here quite a while because of my height dysphoria.  I feel short even though no one looking at me from the outside would ever say I'm short.  Due to some recent experiences, I have come to the conclusion that LL makes no sense for me.  It never really made sense in the first place, but I didn't feel that way due to my height dysphoria.  My height dysphoria remains.  I still feel short even though objectively, I know that's nonsense. 

Thus, I'm looking for options other than LL to deal with my height dysphoria.  Has anyone had any luck in this area?  I can only think of therapy as a possible option.  While I am fine with the idea of therapy, I'm not sure how much it can help since I feel like my height dysphoria has a lot of external causes.  And here are a couple of examples of what I am talking about:

• The "six foot line" (or 180cm in the metric lands).  This is everything from women only seeking out men "six feet or taller" to the general vibe of men needing to be at least 6 feet tall or they aren't really men.  (Ironically, I have seen a lot of women who say they only want men 6 feet or taller be fine with guys who are 5'10" or 5'11".  It's like "6 foot" almost really means "5 foot 10" if you're not dealing with the numbers.  This just creates a warped disconnect between what people say and reality.)
  • Women inflating their heights.  (I could write a whole separate topic on this, and may do so, because some experiences related this is how I came to my conclusion that I should not pursue LL.)  We usually think that men are the ones who inflate their heights, and many men do just that.  But women do it too.  They just do it in different ways, such as saying that their using their height heels as their "real height" instead of their actual height.  Sure women may justify it with, "I'm only wearing heels", but it's still absurd and part of the problem.

I feel like there is a lot of unintended or intended "gaslighting" about height, and this "gaslighting" is not a good reason for LL.  Because its reinforced externally, I'm not sure therapy can help, but I want to find a solution.  I'm tired of feeling short, and I don't want to do LL so I'm stuck on what my next step should be.

Sambollio

Re: Solving height dysphoria without LL
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 08:50:50 PM »

It sounds like in your case just getting with a girl who appreciates you for you is the best solution. Easier said than done. If you are curious my first post is about my reason for getting LL and why I have height dysphoria while being average height.

10cmOnTibiaOrGTFO

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 09:40:59 PM »

well. why dont you look for a normal girl then? you do realize that most men in the us are shorter than 6ft?
you care too much about what some crazy women say... at some point they will lower their standards or die alone

Astronomy

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 03:46:12 AM »

You made me consider you're near 180cm but most of LLers are far under 180cm.What's worse,although women will lower their dating standards but they wouldn't appreciate men under 170cm(most of LLers are 160-170cm).

TJ2021

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2021, 04:11:48 AM »

You made me consider you're near 180cm but most of LLers are far under 180cm.What's worse,although women will lower their dating standards but they wouldn't appreciate men under 170cm(most of LLers are 160-170cm).

Does it matter if I'm 180cm?  Or taller than 180cm for that matter?  Many guys feel that they're too short whether that's for women or for being a man in general.  Wouldn't it make sense it address the root causes of this?  It would help all men regardless of height.  Sure, short guys may still need or want LL, but at the very least you won't have average height or tall guys thinking they need LL.

TJ2021

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2021, 04:34:08 AM »

well. why dont you look for a normal girl then? you do realize that most men in the us are shorter than 6ft?
you care too much about what some crazy women say... at some point they will lower their standards or die alone

The women aspect of this isn't about women lowering their standards, at least not at first.  It's about women communicating their standards honestly and correctly.  For example, if a woman has a "standard" of only 6 foot or taller for men, but she thinks 5'10" is 6 foot then there is a major disconnect between reality and what this woman is saying.  It leads to men thinking they're too short when they're not.  Should women be less focused on height?  Of course, and I think it's easier to argue that from 5'10" standard than a 6 foot standard, which really isn't a 6 foot standard for many women in the first place.

This also has large implications.  When a woman filters guys on tinder by a minimum height of 6 feet, the Tinder app believes she really means 6 feet.  The Tinder app can never know that what she thinks is 6 feet is 5 foot 10 in reality is she doesn't know what 6 foot or 5'10" actually is.  Tinder is making height dysphoria among men worse, but it's not the fault of the app.  It can only work with what its users enter in to it.  Thus it acts as am amplifier for height dysphoria.

Astronomy

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2021, 04:34:23 AM »

Does it matter if I'm 180cm?  Or taller than 180cm for that matter?  Many guys feel that they're too short whether that's for women or for being a man in general.  Wouldn't it make sense it address the root causes of this?  It would help all men regardless of height.  Sure, short guys may still need or want LL, but at the very least you won't have average height or tall guys thinking they need LL.
It does matter cuz you'll witness a different world if you're short,especially under 170cm.Not only does height have negative influence on dating but also self-confidence.Although some girls are really excessively strict with men's heights,except dating,walking on streets looking like a midget will also destroy your self-esteem.Don't suggest elevators cuz most of llers on this forum are under 170cm.They won't save them

Serilium

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2021, 03:46:47 PM »

if you are objectively average or above average and have height dysphoria and want to cure without LL then the best way is cognitive behaviorial therapy or acceptance and comittment therapy and not any old talk therapy. there is no point in blaming tinder and other women because they will not change sadly and one should work on themself only and restructure their own world view because women will say what they always say and society as a whole will not change their prejudices and they are idiots (otherwise this forum would not exist and a #metoo but for short guys would exist).

if you were objectively short then i would recommend LL.
Pages: [1]   Go Up