Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How legit is cyborg 4 life on youtube?  (Read 1599 times)

onlywantafewcmmore

How legit is cyborg 4 life on youtube?
« on: May 13, 2021, 12:05:29 PM »

Hi makes a lot of videos about our favorite topic, and interviews a bunch of surgeons. He offers some guides on his website, so obviously he has a financial interest, but how legitimate is his advice? Are there other good sources of information for this type of procedure?

RealLostSoul

Re: How legit is cyborg 4 life on youtube?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 01:09:10 PM »

IMO he is quite a good start to get into LL in general. Be aware of biased echo opinions on the forum and from Doctors (as all of them have a bit of an advertising side to them, some more and some less) though. If you want to go in-depth and are able to understand a few medical termini I recommend looking for studies on (femoral/tibial) distraction osteogenesis on PubMed etc. Keep in mind biologically it doesn't matter if you do this for cosmetic or discrepancy reasons.

Worzezterlire

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 02:28:19 PM »

I met a few people at Paley’s office that said his videos helped them make the final decision to go under the knife.  I personally think he veers too life-coach and doesn’t get deep enough into some specifics (especially proportions), but his interviews are uniquely useful and elucidating for someone on the fence.  They made me realize that there are multiple very good surgeons out there who all have differing perspectives on the same things (Stryde recall, safety of lengthening beyond X number of centimeters for Y limb, etc)

Want-3-inches

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 04:30:04 PM »

He is Godsend. I just fear he will make LL mainstream.

Worzezterlire

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2021, 05:00:31 PM »

He is Godsend. I just fear he will make LL mainstream.

Why would you fear more people becoming happy with their height?  It’s not like everyone is going to do this and make the average height becomes 6’2”, lol.

RealLostSoul

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2021, 05:07:27 PM »

Why would you fear more people becoming happy with their height?  It’s not like everyone is going to do this and make the average height becomes 6’2”, lol.

This surgery must stay unknown to the vast majority of average people.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2021, 05:07:55 PM »

Yeah it's not like everyone will do what you do. ::)

Worzezterlire

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2021, 05:08:12 PM »

This surgery must stay unknown to the vast majority of average people.

But why?

RealLostSoul

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2021, 05:11:37 PM »

But why?

Lol isn't that obvious? Because it is extremely stigmatized...

Worzezterlire

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2021, 05:17:14 PM »

Lol isn't that obvious? Because it is extremely stigmatized...

I think that it should become normalized the way chin implants are now.  Slightly embarrassing, but not “crazy”.  That would be a nicer position — nobody has to hide it unless they’re self conscious, and more people who hate being short know of an alternate solution.

Yeah it's not like everyone will do what you do. ::)

I know what you’re implying, but I don’t see anything wrong with me wanting to be taller.  Just because I’m a good height already doesn’t preclude me from having height dysphoria or other mental hang ups.  Let’s pull each other up here, not cast judgement.

RealLostSoul

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2021, 05:27:25 PM »

I think that it should become normalized the way chin implants are now.  Slightly embarrassing, but not “crazy”.  That would be a nicer position — nobody has to hide it unless they’re self conscious, and more people who hate being short know of an alternate solution.

No. Just no. This is not even close to a chin implant. This is way different than any other cosmetic surgery in terms of a lot more invasive and dangerous. Height in society is seen as important but unchangeable. That's what it is, now you come up with a surgery that makes you a cripple for months only for a "few inches". This will never even closely be seen as "not crazy".
And short people that suffer from it will eventually google and find about LL.

So all in all I highly disagree. There is a reason we keep this as a secret- but go ahead try it out for yourself, tell people you did this and enjoy the  sh1tstorm backlash

Polvorón

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2021, 05:47:38 PM »

This surgery along other cosmetic surgeries help people to choose their bodies.

IMHO nobody should be forced to live in a certain body just because he/she was born with certain genes.

If CLL becomes mainstream and cheaper, a lot of people dissatisfied with their height will be able to change it. Don't worry about "height wars", most of people will settle around 6' - 6'2'' (183-187 cm), because if you are too tall you will start having more troubles than advantages (just like the distance between atoms, where there is a balance between attraction and repulsion), maybe some people will try to do something extreme, but that it's not my cup of tea. The majority of the society will be happier.

Don't fear CLL becoming mainstream, it will improve the procedure, it would be more safe, easier, less stigmatizated and cheaper. Height dissatisfaction is bad, and "get therapy", "buy insoles", "go to the gym" or other "tricks" don't work if you suffer a true height dissatisfaction.
Note: at this moment I'm only a "pretender", I want to know more about this interesting procedure. Hopping to become 185 cm (6'1'') from 174 cm (5'8 ½''), but it is too expensive.
My sitting height is 92½ - 94 cm (36''½ 37''), my length of legs is 81 cm (32'') and my armspan is 180 cm (70'' 7/8).

short

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2021, 06:04:05 PM »

I absolutely agree with RealLostSoul, there are studies that back this up.
Your wishful thinking does not change how people react to it and its negative consequences for you.
If it were that easy, no one would feel the need to lengthen their legs.

RealLostSoul

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2021, 07:02:51 PM »

@Polvoron. even remotely thinking "height war" could become a thing is ridiculous, except if you wanna write the next dystopia book. No offense but you don't seem to know how things like these are viewed in the public eye. And no, public attention will absolutely not make it safer or more advanced. this is a medical field that doesn't give a   about publicity (as it's mostly developed for discrepancy anyway).
You really think just because a lot of people know about it you won't have to break the bones with a surgery that has deadly complications as a possibility? lol.

You see this as a joke. Something anyone can do. In reality it's not. IMO people that recover successfully are blessed. They should do their fellow LL people a favor and not go public with it as some models did. Just be grateful you made it out alive and without permanent disability and enjoy your new life with a new height.

Polvorón

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2021, 08:00:16 PM »

I don't agree you.

About risk: CLL is not too dangerous, there are a lot of scientific research about this procedure:
https://online.boneandjoint.org.uk/doi/full/10.1302/2046-3758.97.BJR-2019-0379.R1
I am a bit tired of reading over exaggerated expressions about CLL ("you will die", "you will become crippled", "you are delusional"...).
Fortunately we have CLL and we are able to increase a stature if the person is not satisfied, not we need cheaper prices a minimum quality standards (implants, surgeons, hospitals...) to ensure a happy lengthening for everyone.

If CLL becomes popular it's due people's choice, nobody will be enforced to get lengthened.
Note: at this moment I'm only a "pretender", I want to know more about this interesting procedure. Hopping to become 185 cm (6'1'') from 174 cm (5'8 ½''), but it is too expensive.
My sitting height is 92½ - 94 cm (36''½ 37''), my length of legs is 81 cm (32'') and my armspan is 180 cm (70'' 7/8).

Thorfinnn

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2021, 12:30:48 AM »

LL is dangerous. What I think will turn people away is the fact that your breaking your bones and have to go through a lot of pain and hours of physical therapy, and be away distracting for months. Most people wish they can just get the surgery and get taller without any pain or PT But with this surgery there’s a lot of commitment that is not for everyone.

Polvorón

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2021, 01:24:13 AM »

LL is dangerous. What I think will turn people away is the fact that your breaking your bones and have to go through a lot of pain and hours of physical therapy, and be away distracting for months. Most people wish they can just get the surgery and get taller without any pain or PT But with this surgery there’s a lot of commitment that is not for everyone.
Yes, you have to be responsible, the person must be sure before starting the procedure.

But remaining CLL as a "dark" procedure is not good, I think that it's better if it is affordable for more people, well done (to avoid problems) and accepted, because no one should be ashamed for doing CLL.

Thorfinnn

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2021, 01:33:07 AM »

I don’t think CLL is a dark procedure. Any cosmetic procedure has a stigma around it. LL more since you have to break your legs to get taller. LL will never be widely accepted someone will always be against it.

BelowTheMean

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2021, 04:04:14 PM »

Yes, you have to be responsible, the person must be sure before starting the procedure.

But remaining CLL as a "dark" procedure is not good, I think that it's better if it is affordable for more people, well done (to avoid problems) and accepted, because no one should be ashamed for doing CLL.

I think it should be more expensive, so people who don't really need it won't waste their time fantasizing about it. It will never be accepted as mainstream and I don't think it should be, given how much hard it is.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

Polvorón

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2021, 04:48:43 PM »

That sounds a bit selfish in my opinion.

I prefer a cheaper price, so people would be able to choose for themselves, if something is good for me, it's also good for other people. If the procedure is too hard, that is not a problem, because this surgery will be always an option. Good information is very important, not "come, it's very easy" advertisements, and not "you will die and get crippled" clickbait media.

Minoo Patel: Cosmetic limb lengthening surgery: The elephant in the Room. Harm minimization not prohibition:
https://www.jlimblengthrecon.org/article.asp?issn=2455-3719;year=2017;volume=3;issue=2;spage=73;epage=74;aulast=Patel

Note: I have edited this message because I the first text was a bit rude, and I don't want to be rude here. :)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 05:13:50 PM by Polvorón »

las vegas baby

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2021, 07:20:44 PM »

I think it should be more expensive, so people who don't really need it won't waste their time fantasizing about it. It will never be accepted as mainstream and I don't think it should be, given how much hard it is.

yea it should be 1 million dollars. that way even you would not have wasted time fantasizing about it. If you couldnt save up 1 million $$ for you life dream, did you really need it?

las vegas baby

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2021, 07:22:18 PM »

also technologies like stryde shouldnt exist. that way, only those who really want it badly will choose it even if means to be confined  to a wheelchair.

Polvorón

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2021, 12:16:55 AM »

Roads or railways shouldn't exist too, they allow people to fantasize about travelling too easily.

Back on topic: Cyborg4life is publishing a lot of useful information, he had to equalize his legs, but his experience is useful for people that want to become taller. The name of the channel could be a bit confusing (or even scare some people), because you don't become a cyborg doing CLL, all implants are (should be) removed at the end of the procedure.

onlywantafewcmmore

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2021, 02:13:28 AM »

Are you saying only stryde wont confine you to a wheelchair las vegas baby?

6CMFemurs

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2021, 02:53:52 AM »

"Cyborg" is a nice guy, I had dinner with him in Baltimore. I wish he had been making videos when I got LL. He posts a lot of useful information that I wish I knew.
Pages: [1]   Go Up