Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5'7 - 5'8 is a terrible height to be  (Read 2450 times)

Ronman

5'7 - 5'8 is a terrible height to be
« on: May 13, 2021, 12:19:17 PM »

I am a weak 5'8, which means I stand  at 5'7.5 for the later part of the day.

It's one of those heights where people tell you not to complain too much becsuse you're 'just below average'

But I know if I had been 2 full inches taller my life up till now would have been a lot better.

3 inches? It would have been radically different. A different reality.

I come from such a conservative family that they would likely be disgusted by me if I got the surgery.

But, realistically, it would be one thing that would utterly change my life if it went well.

I'm 32 years old and leaning towards getting it done in the next couple years. At my age it's a risk, but fk it, life is a risk.

RB

Re: 5'7 - 5'8 is a terrible height to be
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 12:28:25 PM »

I think it’s all relative based on someone’s life experience. I was 5’4 prior to undergoing surgery and that is truly a rough height but in spite of that I still managed to live a good life but with a bad neurosis i developed. Now that I am less than 1 inch away from 5’7 I know that going from 5’4 to 5’7 is going to change my life for the better but that is largely because my starting height was extremely short. Since you have always been that height I understand why you wish you were a bit taller. If you have neurosis and believe it will change your life / make you happy then I think you should go for it.
Femurs with Dr. Betz - March 2021
5'4" > 5'7.5"
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66296.0

Ronman

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 12:33:27 PM »

I think it’s all relative based on someone’s life experience. I was 5’4 prior to undergoing surgery and that is truly a rough height but in spite of that I still managed to live a good life but with a bad neurosis i developed. Now that I am less than 1 inch away from 5’7 I know that going from 5’4 to 5’7 is going to change my life for the better but that is largely because my starting height was extremely short. Since you have always been that height I understand why you wish you were a bit taller. If you have neurosis and believe it will change your life / make you happy then I think you should go for it.

I'm sorry man, I probably sound insensitive with my post, considering there are guys a lot shorter than me on here.

If I had had your gratitude towards being 5'7, I would have done better in dating as well. So many wasted options.

I have a lot of things to improve- cosmetically and mentally, before I decide I must get LL

Astronomy

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 12:53:00 PM »

You should care about those people under 5'7,such as 5'4 tall people.I'm one of them.

RB

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2021, 12:58:26 PM »

I'm sorry man, I probably sound insensitive with my post, considering there are guys a lot shorter than me on here.

If I had had your gratitude towards being 5'7, I would have done better in dating as well. So many wasted options.

I have a lot of things to improve- cosmetically and mentally, before I decide I must get LL

All good man no need to be sorry. But I think that’s a good strategy - take care of other areas of your life before deciding if LL is right for you. That’s what I did and now I’m glad I went through with it.
Femurs with Dr. Betz - March 2021
5'4" > 5'7.5"
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66296.0

RealLostSoul

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2021, 01:05:17 PM »

LL is always an improvement no matter what starting height (unless you are 6'4 or 6'5 and above because LL doing at that height will only push you into an abnormal, unhealthily tall territory).
I don't believe in the "height X to Y is better than height Y to Z" discussion as height is always something personal and going from 5'4 to 5'7 is a huge improvement as is going from 5'7 to 5'10.

Worzezterlire

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2021, 01:37:03 PM »

The worst height to be is the one you don’t want to be.

If you’re 5’4” and became 5’7”, I’m sure you’d be ecstatic at being.  I’m 5’9” so I’m around that “two inches taller” threshold you mentioned, and I’m out here looking for 6’0 to 6’2”.  There are people on this forum who are unhappy at 5’11” or 6’0”.  There are also people very happy who are now 5’6”.  It’s all about where you are now, where you want to be, and what difficulties you are facing in your own life.  I’m not personally offended, but it’s a bit cruel to come on here and say that your perfectly average, possibly slightly below average height is “terrible” when there are other people dreaming of being that height.  It’s not the best height in the world, sure, but it’s far from the worst and definitely doesn’t preclude you from having a normal love and social life. 

I would say that shortness becomes more difficult (as a man) when you start becoming shorter than a large number of woman, in my opinion and experience.  Even then it can be totally fine if the person can power through height neurosis, or if they don’t ever form it.

Regardless I hope you end up at a height you’re happy with one day :) we’re all in this together!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 02:23:14 PM by HobbitMan »

overandover

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2021, 03:00:44 PM »

It's one of those heights where people tell you not to complain too much becsuse you're 'just below average'

But I know if I had been 2 full inches taller my life up till now would have been a lot better.

I come from such a conservative family that they would likely be disgusted by me if I got the surgery.

But, realistically, it would be one thing that would utterly change my life if it went well.

I'm 32 years old and leaning towards getting it done in the next couple years. At my age it's a risk, but fk it, life is a risk.

Don't ask people on this forum to make up your mind for you. If you want to do it then do it. There is a risk of death and it's a painful surgery.

Activatedxx

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2021, 07:05:28 PM »

Sounds insensitive lol, I am 5’5 and am suffering like crazy just to get to 5’8 lol

5’8 isn’t too bad. You’re taller than 40-45* of the population. At my height you’re in like the 5th percentile
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 07:28:28 PM by Activatedxx »
5’5 -> 8cm distracted -> 5’8  LON Femur.
Brutal painful process, if considering external femurs please change your mind
Monorails installed may 13: Removed august 8, 2021
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66610.0

Worzezterlire

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2021, 07:27:41 PM »

Sounds insensitive lol, I am 5’5 and am suffering like crazy just to get to 5’8 lol

5’8” is a good height and most men who are that height tell women they’re 5’9” or 5’10” and don’t get called out on it.

a

• 5'9
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2021, 07:44:09 PM »

Lmao weirdo
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

Iron_Man

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2021, 10:56:40 PM »

5’8” is a good height and most men who are that height tell women they’re 5’9” or 5’10” and don’t get called out on it.

From my own experience I will say that if you are 5'8, but you say that you are 5'9, girls who are 5'6-5'7 can sometimes guess that you are lying 😂

Body Builder

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2021, 11:53:10 PM »

From my own experience I will say that if you are 5'8, but you say that you are 5'9, girls who are 5'6-5'7 can sometimes guess that you are lying 😂

I am 1.76 morning height and most of the day I am 1.75. when I tell girls my height (I say 1.76) all believe that I am 1.80 or 1.78 at minimum.
So I don't think that lying about 1 inch will be found most of the times.

Ronman

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2021, 03:40:28 PM »

I am 1.76 morning height and most of the day I am 1.75. when I tell girls my height (I say 1.76) all believe that I am 1.80 or 1.78 at minimum.

If I had more muscle on my body, it would be the same with me.

I am thin like a twig though. I have terrible bodybuilding genetics.

Putting on 15kg of muscle through TRT/Steroids would do more for my attractiveness than 2 inches of height.

Kal el

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2021, 04:15:06 PM »

Hello everyone long time no see....btw what ronman says kinda holds true but not entirely for instance i am 173 sometimes and for most part of the day i am 171 or 172 which is kinda 5'8 to 5'7 but i tell people i am 5'8..it is a height where i am nowhere close to being tall but not super short either and i sometimes console myself by thinking there are a lot of gr8 ppl at this height including hansy like zac efron and tom cruise..at this height some of my 6'+ frnds still respect me and some tease me for it but it's not like kill myself frustration....the only problem is with myself and my thinking towards life so there is a gr8 percentage of chance that i will be considering LL in the future....btw i stayed away from this forum for like 3 to 4 mnths if anyone wanna stop being paranoid or wants peace of mind plz do it..this forum is toxic and affects ur mental health drastically..only take in information which is necessary for u and avoid negative articles and ppl..good day and night everyone.

Activatedxx

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2021, 05:10:02 PM »

Hello everyone long time no see....btw what ronman says kinda holds true but not entirely for instance i am 173 sometimes and for most part of the day i am 171 or 172 which is kinda 5'8 to 5'7 but i tell people i am 5'8..it is a height where i am nowhere close to being tall but not super short either and i sometimes console myself by thinking there are a lot of gr8 ppl at this height including hansy like zac efron and tom cruise..at this height some of my 6'+ frnds still respect me and some tease me for it but it's not like kill myself frustration....the only problem is with myself and my thinking towards life so there is a gr8 percentage of chance that i will be considering LL in the future....btw i stayed away from this forum for like 3 to 4 mnths if anyone wanna stop being paranoid or wants peace of mind plz do it..this forum is toxic and affects ur mental health drastically..only take in information which is necessary for u and avoid negative articles and ppl..good day and night everyone.

You lose .5 to 1cm max towards night it’s not even noticeable, you can’t go from 173 in day to 171

Kal el

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2021, 05:19:00 PM »

You lose .5 to 1cm max towards night it’s not even noticeable, you can’t go from 173 in day to 171
But i do..it's not a hard and fast rule bro.

Vertigo

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2021, 07:13:11 PM »

https://www.arcjournals.org/journal-of-diabetes-and-endocrinology/volume-3-issue-1/4
The average shrinkage is actually nearly 2 cm, you just measured wrong probably

Sambollio

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2021, 07:42:32 PM »

Oof I was prepared for a  storm in the comments due to your current height being a common goal for many LLers post surgery. But as someone already mentioned it really shouldt matter what your starting height is. There are so many factors that could play into you wanting to get this surgery, like if you were bullied, where you live, your siblings/parents/ friends heights are. I don’t think there is anything wrong with wanting to get this surgery done at your height! The nice thing about being your height is that after you get this surgery assuming you get at least 2 inches, you will go from a below average slightly above average height which would feel really good! (Based on US height).

Ronman

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2021, 11:23:17 PM »

Oof I was prepared for a  storm in the comments due to your current height being a common goal for many LLers post surgery. But as someone already mentioned it really shouldt matter what your starting height is. There are so many factors that could play into you wanting to get this surgery, like if you were bullied, where you live, your siblings/parents/ friends heights are. I don’t think there is anything wrong with wanting to get this surgery done at your height! The nice thing about being your height is that after you get this surgery assuming you get at least 2 inches, you will go from a below average slightly above average height which would feel really good! (Based on US height).

I am really leaning towards getting just 4.5 or 5 cm

I know I will be happy with that, and my proportions would look ridiculous with anything else.

I was worried about risks with LL but I think for me, conservative option with Paley is the way to go.

Activatedxx

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2021, 10:32:18 PM »

It also depends on your build. Really lanky/skinny guys with high shoulder usually appear taller. Also guys who are built with broad shoulders may make you look taller

dexter1930

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2021, 08:07:30 AM »

we have surgery on the same date haha

Camilleglv

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2021, 04:11:04 PM »

I feel you. However, I don’t think you’re short, just average. You may have height dysphoria, like me. The way I see, this condition is the worst. I’m 15 and 5’4, I’m also a female. But being average doesn’t stops me from feeling depressed all the time.

Best regards!

Ronman

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2021, 08:45:28 AM »

I feel you. However, I don’t think you’re short, just average. You may have height dysphoria, like me. The way I see, this condition is the worst. I’m 15 and 5’4, I’m also a female. But being average doesn’t stops me from feeling depressed all the time.

Best regards!

Thank you, it is very fascinating to see a woman here who feels the same way.

Elhemioe

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2021, 09:51:57 PM »

I feel like 5'8 is a weird height where you should really consider the pros and cons of the surgery and only undergo it if you have the opportunity (as in there's a surgeron nearby, you have the  money and not working for 6 months isn't a problem) or if you feel like you desperately need it

The good thing however with this height is that if you decide to go through with it you'll easily get to above average height while still remaining in the safety range of 5-6cm.

But yeah really consider whether or not you truly want to go through the pain and long recovery for a few additionnal cm, at 5'8 you're not short enough for it to actually impair your life, whether that is professionally or romantically, so only do it if you feel like it'll make you feel good about yourself, not society  :D
Current height: 5'8
Goal height : 5'10-6'
Pages: [1]   Go Up