Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Life After Surgery  (Read 902 times)

Gman23

Life After Surgery
« on: June 07, 2021, 07:01:37 PM »

Hey guys so I was wondering how life will be after getting the surgeries done, and after you’ve healed well, hopefully.

So my questions were...

How is life after surgery.

After being short for most of your life, and then randomly getting taller do people see/ look at your in a different way?
Is it obvious that your taller then before surgery?

Do people criticise you?
Do people find you more attractive now that your taller?
Is life better being taller?

Peoples feedback, opinion about you now?
Do people make fun of you?

And finally the ultimate question is life over all better then before?

Any reply, feedback appreciated thanks!
Height 156cm / Goal 168cm / femurs and tibia with Dr Parihar or Dr Giotikas

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65614.0

6CMFemurs

Re: Life After Surgery
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 07:51:18 PM »

I honestly don’t even remember what it felt like to be 5”5/5”6, I feel like I have been 5”8.5 my whole life, and at this point I have been my current height longer than I was my previous height.

Barely anybody seemed to notice or care. A couple people commented I seemed taller but quickly forgot about it and accepted my new height.

BelowTheMean

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2021, 01:44:18 AM »

I honestly don’t even remember what it felt like to be 5”5/5”6, I feel like I have been 5”8.5 my whole life, and at this point I have been my current height longer than I was my previous height.

Barely anybody seemed to notice or care. A couple people commented I seemed taller but quickly forgot about it and accepted my new height.

Well said. I'm less than 3 months into consolidation and I'm already completely used to my new height. I feel like I've always been this tall and I can't even remember what it was like being shorter. The brain adapts fast.

(For a 3 inch gain) I think people within 4 inches of your starting height will notice, but anyone who is more than 4 inches taller or 4 inches shorter than your starting height won't notice a difference. People who were within an inch of your starting height notice the most because it feels like you tower over them after surgery while you were "equals" beforehand. I obviously haven't told anyone that I got the surgery, and I'm still working through meeting people without them finding out, but so far no one has figured it out yet.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

Movie

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2021, 03:24:12 AM »

Hey guys so I was wondering how life will be after getting the surgeries done, and after you’ve healed well, hopefully.

So my questions were...

After being short for most of your life, and then randomly getting taller do people see/ look at your in a different way?

Do people criticise you?

Any reply, feedback appreciated thanks!

answering from my experience

1) people that knew me personally did notice that I "grew", even old high school friends who I'd still sometimes see at the local grocery store or something mentioned that I got taller and look more buff.

2) maybe they criticize, I don't know, I don't really concern myself with what people think of me, what matters is what I think of me. Yes being taller will naturally make you a bit more attractive PHYSICALLY.

3) People's opinion about me probably haven't changed, I'm still the same old me just 3 inches taller, and a bit more confident probably.

4) I've had to run/jog fast with friends at a car meeting and they found my hip swaying funny, they say I run "like a penguin" and it's true, so I laugh with them too.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2021, 04:55:40 AM »

Better than before.

Definitely.  3 inches is a major life-changing increase no matter what your starting height is.  Even if you're 6'6 going to 6'9 you're going from shooting guard to small forward.

Do people criticise you?

Nobody knows I had it except a few people.  Family never mentions it.  Co-worker figured it out and tried beating around the bush that she'd finally put two and two together.  I shouldn't have dropped all the hints.  It wasn't criticism though.

Literally everyone.

Yes.  There's no limbshorteningforum.com or makemeshorter.com for a reason.

Much more positive than before.

Never been made fun of.  They might be intimidated by someone who's done something so extreme and painful.  Would you make fun of someone with a full-body tattoo?  A split tongue and horn implants?  This isn't a surgery for wimps.

Yes.  The concern is for how long, though.  I'll be here to give long-term updates if something goes wrong.  "DON'T GET LL YOUR LEGS WILL FALL OFF WHEN YOU'RE 60" or something like that, stickied to the top.  You won't be able to miss it.  But people will probably dismiss it because I did 3 inches instead of 2 like they do now.  ;D

MakeMeTallAF

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2021, 12:20:03 AM »

Yes.  The concern is for how long, though.  I'll be here to give long-term updates if something goes wrong.  "DON'T GET LL YOUR LEGS WILL FALL OFF WHEN YOU'RE 60" or something like that, stickied to the top.  You won't be able to miss it.  But people will probably dismiss it because I did 3 inches instead of 2 like they do now.  ;D

I think you'll be fine lol. Limb lengthening has been around for so long (especially for limb length discrepancy) that there are tons of people who have had this surgery a long time ago who would be 60+ now. If it truly caused loss of function of legs after getting old I'm sure we would be seeing a lot of reports on it.

Gman23

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2021, 01:13:30 AM »

Thanks for all the feedback guys.
Was nice to read, and motivating. Happy for you guys!

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2021, 06:44:02 AM »

I’m doing LON on femurs right now, and this is exactly what I needed to read this morning. This process isn’t easy. Thanks for the replies guys
LON Femur with Dr Buldu
5cm safely gained; thinking of doing another 5cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66540.0

Gman23

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2021, 10:31:42 PM »

I’m doing LON on femurs right now, and this is exactly what I needed to read this morning. This process isn’t easy. Thanks for the replies guys

Wish you all the best !

dexter1930

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2021, 10:42:09 PM »

come here for positive vibe because I couldn't sleep last night, man it hurts. life after LL has to be good man, for all the pains everyone goes through, it has to be GREAT, it will be all worth it

Worzezterlire

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2021, 09:27:43 AM »

Also coming here for the positive vibe, just had my femurs broken 24 hours ago and the pain was immense.  This helps me stay optimistic!

dexter1930

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2021, 10:19:29 AM »

what method did you use, I wanna do precise with my femur next year
Pages: [1]   Go Up