Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: My lengthening experience with Dr. Guichet and his Team  (Read 3553 times)

g

• Visitor
Re: My lengthening experience with Dr. Guichet and his Team
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2022, 03:46:36 PM »

I suspect the authenticity of this diary of this doctor

DonBones

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2022, 03:56:22 PM »

Dr. Guichet's Team did a compilation of my lengthening journey. I'll share the link below.

More often than not, where there is an advertisement, there is bullsh*t
First Surgery - Prof Betz - 28th July 2021 🇩🇪
Nail Removal - Dr Becker - 13th December 2023 🇩🇪
Lengthened: 5.00cm
Height: 180cm
Current Phase: Post Nail-Removal Adaptation

6CMFemurs

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2022, 06:37:57 PM »

@Don Bones: Why does advertising a skill/trade make it bull ?

Super-JR

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2022, 06:21:34 AM »

I suspect the authenticity of this diary of this doctor

I can't believe you created a new account just to write me a comment. I'm flattered you dedicated that much time for me.

Super-JR

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2022, 06:22:45 AM »

More often than not, where there is an advertisement, there is bullsh*t

Yes Mr. DonBones why is that?

LLprime3

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2022, 09:08:34 AM »

Hello everyone,

I have decided to write this review in order to evaluate and convey my vast and profound experiences throughout the process of lengthening with Dr Jean-Marc Guichet and his team.

I am a 23 years old male from London who for the longest time was unhappy and unconfident within my own body. I was of below average height (155cm) and felt deeply dissatisfied with my physical appearance. I would not like the way I looked in the mirror as well as when I stood next to others. I had to get counselling as I would not attend certain social events, I withdrew myself socially. So much so that I would wear platform heels which were approximately 10 cm that would cause my feet much harm and pain. Having searched extensively for seven years for a solution to my height problem, I happened upon the website of Dr Guichet. I was surprised and curious as to how he was able to make people grow up to 10 cm (4 inches) within the span of 4 months. I immediately decided to contact him, and thereafter began our journey…

Prior to discovering Dr Guichet, I had researched various limb lengthening methods and techniques, the most popular being the external fixator as well as the precice/stryde nails. However, unfortunately these nails are no longer being used. Furthermore, the time it would take to grow and heal was much advanced with Dr Guichet’s nail (also called Gnail). I was also amazed at his vast knowledge and experience, as well as his amazing team.
From the beginning, the level of communication and friendliness from Dr Guichet and his team was refreshing. I was able to gain a clear understanding of the procedure, its risks and benefits. This gave me a certain comfort, and so I decided to make the decision (with the support of my parents) to come to Milan to commence the pretraining preparation and in turn the actual surgery. I was made aware from the get go how important the pre and post training program is to the healing and overall well-being of the patient.

On arrival, I immediately began the heavy duty pre-op training, which focused on strength, hypertrophy and flexibility. Despite the covid restrictions and thereby the gyms being closed the team found a way to train me with resistance bands, doing squats, deadlifts and many other exercises which were also for the upper body. At the beginning I didn’t understand why also training the upper body if the surgery was for the legs was so important. However, from day one of the surgery I realized the importance of that training in order to stand up using the walker and also just to move around, as no wheelchair is allowed throughout the lengthening. I stood up one hour and a half after awakening from the surgery I did exercises with a bike and clicks, left the hospital the next day. I did 2 sessions per day, three times a week of pre-training. By the end of the pre-training, for the important muscle groups I got a strength increase of 25%.

The training also made me realize that consistency, determination, focus and resilience is equally as important as a positive attitude- all human activities, competition sports and even the brain require training, and so did my legs before lengthening.
In addition, before the operation, I was able to meet another patient, which was a great way to first-hand see the reality of this surgery.

After a month or so of pre training, it was time for my surgery. The day of the surgery was not so bad. It was the day after, when the medicine started to wear off, that I started to feel the pain. The doctor made me exercise from the moment I woke up post-surgery so that my blood flow and inflammation would start to reduce, as well as for my legs to keep active. I was also able to walk using the walker almost immediately post-op, which I found incredible.

I remember doing the clicks for the first time. It was such an alien feeling. And the first two weeks of the surgery required a lot of mental strength as the body was in pain and fatigue. Thankfully, the doctor ensures that we have the necessary help.

Post-op training begins virtually straight after the surgery, and although I was in pain and often felt like just staying in bed, it was (through hindsight), the best way to release the tension, inflammation and also the mental toll that this surgery has on you. The fantastic thing is that I was released after spending one night in the hospital, and started going to the gym 2-3 days after.

The Dr also provides a psychotherapist to speak with during the process, and the Dr himself is available at any time to speak to regarding medical advice. Regular x rays are also booked and so the whole medical and psychological aspects of the post-op ensure a good healing. Dr Guichet truly is a dedicated man.

The first two weeks of the surgery were difficult both physically and mentally. The physical pain of gaining cm on the muscles has a definitive impact on one's mind. Sleeping for more than a few hours is also hard, and more so because your legs have to be raised whilst sleeping in order to decrease the inflammation. The post-op exercises are mainly focused towards stretching in order to release the muscle tension and thereby make the clicks easier. Cycling is also an important part of the recovery, and so is swimming.

After the first two weeks, the pain decreased gradually, but was definitely still there, until the 5th to 6th week after the surgery, then the pain subsided to nothing . If the advice given by the Dr. and the trainers is followed, which includes taking all the medicine and doing all the exercises, then your pain will decrease for sure. In addition, a positive and strong mind is essential. The post-op training is 4 hours a day, 6 days a week (once in the morning, once in the afternoon). The trainers were truly very good at their job and the exercises they taught were helpful in maintaining a certain level of flexibility and also to reduce the pain. Having good trainers was important as I was spending a great part of the day with them, and being able to be in better shape faster was the main way to start having an enjoyable time. Eventually for me, the pain subsided (after 5-6 weeks) and I was able to enjoy the process, the clicks and the routine. I went out regularly, enjoyed Milan and what was also very helpful was being able to train and share the experience with other patients. I have found friendships for life. I finally gained over 96 mm. I walk without crutches at a correct speed and my healing is strongly progressing.

Now, when I look in the mirror, I am pleasantly comfortable with the way I look. I look and feel taller. I am more confident and when I go out I feel a sense of pride. I have achieved something and pulled through. I am truly grateful to Dr. Guichet and his entire team for the help, advice and positivity they have provided me with throughout his procedure.

Not the type to do this, but your diary sounds fake. They way you write is unnatural, it smells like textbook advertisement.
I have had very fast bone consolidation doing 3 inches on femurs, and it looked like yours after 5 months. But you did supposedly almost 10 cm and want people to think this consolidation is possible after +3 months?

How about you send x-rays of earlier stages as well, with timestamps,
so that people can see how the bone really consolidated like that. It's fake until you can proof it. Mods should close fake diaries like this.

zaozari

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2022, 01:08:23 PM »

What supplements has the doctor suggested or prescribed to you?

curlyfella

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2022, 11:32:11 PM »

pleases share xrays of and pics of the timeline
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up