Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Tim O,Carrigan and Nurse Noelle  (Read 1426 times)

account5000

Dr. Tim O,Carrigan and Nurse Noelle
« on: October 01, 2021, 04:42:15 AM »

I went through months of costly and time intense assessments whereby from the first hour plus long chat I was told that insurance would cover most of the cost.

They assured me multiple times despite my questioning.

The appointment that was meant to be discussing the surgery itself prior to booking it in, they tell me it is not covered and that it would cost 100k a bone at least.

They hardly tried to act like something had changed and just revealed the truth.

Take from this what you will.

RB

Re: Dr. Tim O,Carrigan and Nurse Noelle
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2021, 04:51:35 AM »

I went through months of costly and time intense assessments whereby from the first hour plus long chat I was told that insurance would cover most of the cost.

The appointment that was meant to be discussing the surgery itself prior to booking it in, they tell me it is not covered and that it would cost 100k a bone at least.

They hardly tried to act like something had changed and just revealed the truth.

Sorry you had to go through those assessments mate. After I had my consultation with them I knew something was incredibly fishy the way they were so evasive about insurance questions. Part of the reason I went overseas in the end was I didn’t trust them. They really need to stop making out like insurance will cover an insanely expensive cosmetic surgery. I didn’t expect a scam of that level to be happening in a first world country like Australia but that’s why we need to call these things out. 
Femurs with Dr. Betz - March 2021
5'4" > 5'7.5"
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66296.0

AimHigh

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2021, 04:54:04 AM »

Noelle seems dodgy to me, as if She is taking commission and making money out of our misery.
2016 5.3 cm RFem. Fitbone, 2019 8cm LFem. Precice 2.2, 2022 2.9 cm Rfem Precice 2.2

RB

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2021, 05:03:52 AM »

Noelle seems dodgy to me, as if She is taking commission and making money out of our misery.

She defintley is. A month after my consult she messaged me and basically said “are you going to do the surgery?” So there is certainly some incentive to get patients booked in.
5'4" > 5'7.5"

Highest

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2021, 05:19:38 AM »

Sorry you had to go through those assessments mate. After I had my consultation with them I knew something was incredibly fishy the way they were so evasive about insurance questions. Part of the reason I went overseas in the end was I didn’t trust them. They really need to stop making out like insurance will cover an insanely expensive cosmetic surgery. I didn’t expect a scam of that level to be happening in a first world country like Australia but that’s why we need to call these things out.

It seems like such a stupid bait and switch. "Oh btw you now owe us over $100,000 sorry we forgot to mention that earlier". The other problem is making people pay for assessment and x-rays up front before even having a discussion about it with the surgeon rather than this bizarre panel setup he has going. No other surgeon in the world does this ordeal.

Highest

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2021, 05:22:56 AM »

How many assessments did you have to go through?

nice weather

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2021, 05:41:05 AM »

She defintley is. A month after my consult she messaged me and basically said “are you going to do the surgery?” So there is certainly some incentive to get patients booked in.

is that even legal in australia? that's quite a blatant privacy violation if a medical professional messages someone to ask about a surgery they privately consulted about.

nice weather

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2021, 05:45:38 AM »

their document seems extremely professional and well written https://www.timocarrigan.com.au/pdf/stature-lengthening-introduction.pdf

it's unfortunate some people on their team are after money.

RB

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2021, 05:56:17 AM »

their document seems extremely professional and well written https://www.timocarrigan.com.au/pdf/stature-lengthening-introduction.pdf

it's unfortunate some people on their team are after money.

Yeah it is very well written. I have no doubts about O'Carrigan's ability as a surgeon. He is the top LL surgeon in Australia and trained under Paley. The ethics of him and his team are very questionable though and it it's a shame that a doctor on his level would allow his team to act in this manner and mislead patients.
5'4" > 5'7.5"

nice weather

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2021, 06:03:37 AM »

looks very professional

but i wouldn't go there for privacy reasons even if i can afford to pay for it out of pocket. a nurse messaging someone personally asking if they are going to get cosmetic surgery is ridiculous.

Highest

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2021, 06:08:06 AM »

Yeah it is very well written. I have no doubts about O'Carrigan's ability as a surgeon. He is the top LL surgeon in Australia and trained under Paley. The ethics of him and his team are very questionable though and it it's a shame that a doctor on his level would allow his team to act in this manner and mislead patients.

It looks like he can't even claim it was his team, OP was told by O'carrigan himself insurance would cover him. If he doesn't want to perform CLL he shouldn't or just be straight up with his pricing rather than wasting people's time.

account5000

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2021, 12:23:36 AM »

I agree with all said. He is good. I have read/seen all of the Drs content. Including YT videos and online documents.

Please note I was even given a formal quote stating a much lower amount.

They 100% tried to get me committed via months of meetings, costs, prep such as stretching, etc. then charge 200k+ for both bones.

Beemer m3

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2023, 12:36:02 PM »

i just watched the video and it seems so simple. dont know why other countries cant do this surgery like vietnam.
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur
Pages: [1]   Go Up