Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 7 cm Precise 2 with Dr. Debiparshad Aug 2021  (Read 1398 times)

JJtaller

• Visitor
7 cm Precise 2 with Dr. Debiparshad Aug 2021
« on: November 12, 2021, 12:29:57 AM »

Hi everyone,

I had the Precice 2 bilateral femur lengthening surgery with Dr. Debiparshad in August 2021, and it has been a difficult journey. I decide to stop lengthening at 7 cm, and as of this writing, I am 1 week post distraction.

I am writing this post to get feedback from other LLers and hopefully other experts on my latest X-ray. Should I be worried about my right leg? It has faint callus lining. Also, the rods’ insertion angle are not even. I wish the rods line up better and straight… Will these affect me negatively? Lastly, I notice that the bottom end of my right leg rod has a small visible knob while my left leg rod does not (can you guys see what I am talking about?) This makes me worry that the amount of lengthening are not the same for each leg. How can I be sure that the amount of lengthenings are approximately the same. When I walk with my walker, I feel my legs are equal and there is no discerning discrepancy.

Any input/feedback is appreciated.

https://imgur.com/a/AwUwCnV

JJtaller

• Visitor
Re: 7 cm Precise 2 with Dr. Debiparshad Aug 2021
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2021, 12:43:25 PM »

Bump. Not sure if I am in the right section, but I am wondering if my X-rays look normal.

Masteryourlife

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2021, 01:51:53 PM »

Yes you are in the right section but I am not the most qualified person to answear since I haven't done this procedure but given that no one said anything I will post my thoughts .
If I visually reverse the nail to 0mm ,I would say that the osteotomy has been done little too high ,because when you stand straight the nail has a weird angle and the bone doesen't look perfectly aligned

As I said , I am no expert so take my words for what they are , talking just compared to other xrays I have seen .
Hope some LL veterans will answear to you

Edit : I tried to send a pic too but idk how to do it .
Look at some CLL performed at HSS xRays (Dr.rozburch) on Google and see what I mean .
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 04:20:31 PM by Masteryourlife »

V21

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2021, 01:59:11 PM »

My X rays look exactly like that regarding the alignment, and Dr Giotikas said it's perfectly normal. So we are both good or we both have been lied to, can't really know¡

JJtaller

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2021, 11:36:08 AM »

Thanks Masteryourlife and V21 for feedback. Since there is not much I can do, I will just focus on regrowing my bones and get better. One question I want to get an answer still though is how do doctors know if a patient has lengthen his/her leg by an equal amount? Is there an X-Ray center somewhere that offers some type of accurate measure markers that can more or less give you ability to compare?

Masteryourlife

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2021, 11:55:21 AM »

Thanks Masteryourlife and V21 for feedback. Since there is not much I can do, I will just focus on regrowing my bones and get better. One question I want to get an answer still though is how do doctors know if a patient has lengthen his/her leg by an equal amount? Is there an X-Ray center somewhere that offers some type of accurate measure markers that can more or less give you ability to compare?

With Xrays it's kinda hard because it's not 100% accurate . U should take an EOS scan . That should be more accurate (and way less radiation too) .

LU213

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2021, 01:12:36 AM »

They have a measuring tool in the Xray application which has a margin for error of +/- 1 mm which is not a significant difference according to the doctors. One leg may be 24 mm and the other 25mm which doesn't concern them.  If it is big enough they will catch up and even out by having you do more or less on one leg.

AllinStryde

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2021, 06:11:43 PM »

Healing on right lateral aspect of femur appears to have less bone consolidation.  This can change with time, as the doctors said.  However, and I don't want to scare anyone, mine looked like this and never formed in optimally.  I had my taken out and had to have a permanent one placed.  The doctors said that the new stresses and weight-bearing should cause extra consolidation to fill in the rest.  I did CLL 2 years ago, fyi.  Also, if I never want to remove it, I can keep it in permanently...guess that would make me a cyborg4life!  In all seriousness though, I just wanted to let you know that sub-optimal consolidation CAN occur, and there are ways to address it.  You will probably be just fine though. 

Dreamer57

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2021, 06:06:13 AM »

Hey man, any updates?
Pages: [1]   Go Up