Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Sarbjit Singh (Singapore)  (Read 3398 times)

Bagga

Re: Dr Sarbjit Singh (Singapore)
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2022, 04:43:13 PM »

Let us say you have heard about 5 cases. 4 good. 1 bad (as from above poster). So known success rate is 20%? Is that OK with you?

Jake24 - you should go and consult Dr.Sarbjit and then make your own judgment.
WE are not doctor here so whatever feedback is based on our experiences, emotion and situation.
You should also consult other doctors from overseas to make a comparison.

Wanderlust

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2022, 02:02:36 AM »

tbh your situation is quite rare, not many other people who go to dr sarb suffered same as u from what ive been reading

This is marathonrunner, having some trouble logging into my account so gotta use my friends.

Rare situation, sure you can call it that, but doctor lied about there actually being an infection. He kept insisting there was no infection even though I went through a second surgery with him because of visual confirmation of an infection. That isn't honest or ethical, and not only that, it was dangerous. Infections are no joke. That deep bone infection one of the hardest things my body had to overcome. You can literally feel the pain from that infection and you're wondering "what the heck is that" while the doctor is telling you "no infection no infection, don't listen to other doctors, they are lying".

First of all I was told by him don't trust the forums its a bunch of bs. But forum memebers who have gone through this type of experience can at least give some insight. Second of all he kept saying the diagnosis of other doctors were wrong and there was no infection when in fact there was (and he saw it from the second surgery). My bone had melted from the inside out by the time I saw Dr Lee. I have a photo of it from Dr Lee but its in a cd.. and when I saw what was on the cd there was a lot of photos of xrays and other stuff all numbered.. I never went through the whole cd to find that 1 photo cause it means I need to go 1 by 1 check each photo and see if its the one I want since the file titles are numbers not descriptions. And honestly, what computer uses cd nowadays -_-

But just FYI, not getting an infection is the most basic thing for a doctor to not do. HOW the surgery is done, HOW the instruments get drilled in, HOW your bone gets cut, WHERE it gets cut, HOW your skin gets stitched up, HOW you recover, HOW you heal, HOW you go through the process of lengthening, ALL OF THIS and more is just as important. Its a big surgery. Not getting an infection should be a given...

I can tell you this, SKILL WISE Dr Lee blows Dr Singh out of the water. You know.. because of the screws Singh used, because of how he drilled into my bone, because of how he tried to drill a screw to fix the tibia and fibula... I still have a piece of broken nail stuck in there which I still have not gotten out and whenever I do heavy exercises like jumping with weights.. I can feel in that area pain because of that stupid broken nail. Also there were alignment issues as well. Feel free to read my previous posts... theres a lot of info there.

And you know what Singh told me before surgery? "who cares about the fibula, even if the fibula does not connect together from the distraction who cares, we doctors only care about the tibia" Which is opposite of what Dr Lee told me. Dr Lee said fibula is just as important it provides balance and both should distracted the same and connected with bone growth.

Uh... should have known that was a red flag.

You do what you want to do. All I can do is give you my experience and back that experience up with photos, xrays, emails, and other doctor's opinions / xrays / photos (Dr Lee).

Bagga

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2022, 02:29:37 AM »

I think we have given enough feedback to JAKE24
He should go and do his own research and decide himself.
It is always good to consult few LL doctors for opinions!

Jake24

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2022, 05:09:34 PM »

This is marathonrunner, having some trouble logging into my account so gotta use my friends.

Rare situation, sure you can call it that, but doctor lied about there actually being an infection. He kept insisting there was no infection even though I went through a second surgery with him because of visual confirmation of an infection. That isn't honest or ethical, and not only that, it was dangerous. Infections are no joke. That deep bone infection one of the hardest things my body had to overcome. You can literally feel the pain from that infection and you're wondering "what the heck is that" while the doctor is telling you "no infection no infection, don't listen to other doctors, they are lying".

First of all I was told by him don't trust the forums its a bunch of bs. But forum memebers who have gone through this type of experience can at least give some insight. Second of all he kept saying the diagnosis of other doctors were wrong and there was no infection when in fact there was (and he saw it from the second surgery). My bone had melted from the inside out by the time I saw Dr Lee. I have a photo of it from Dr Lee but its in a cd.. and when I saw what was on the cd there was a lot of photos of xrays and other stuff all numbered.. I never went through the whole cd to find that 1 photo cause it means I need to go 1 by 1 check each photo and see if its the one I want since the file titles are numbers not descriptions. And honestly, what computer uses cd nowadays -_-

But just FYI, not getting an infection is the most basic thing for a doctor to not do. HOW the surgery is done, HOW the instruments get drilled in, HOW your bone gets cut, WHERE it gets cut, HOW your skin gets stitched up, HOW you recover, HOW you heal, HOW you go through the process of lengthening, ALL OF THIS and more is just as important. Its a big surgery. Not getting an infection should be a given...

I can tell you this, SKILL WISE Dr Lee blows Dr Singh out of the water. You know.. because of the screws Singh used, because of how he drilled into my bone, because of how he tried to drill a screw to fix the tibia and fibula... I still have a piece of broken nail stuck in there which I still have not gotten out and whenever I do heavy exercises like jumping with weights.. I can feel in that area pain because of that stupid broken nail. Also there were alignment issues as well. Feel free to read my previous posts... theres a lot of info there.

And you know what Singh told me before surgery? "who cares about the fibula, even if the fibula does not connect together from the distraction who cares, we doctors only care about the tibia" Which is opposite of what Dr Lee told me. Dr Lee said fibula is just as important it provides balance and both should distracted the same and connected with bone growth.

Uh... should have known that was a red flag.

You do what you want to do. All I can do is give you my experience and back that experience up with photos, xrays, emails, and other doctor's opinions / xrays / photos (Dr Lee).
did you ever meet up with Dr Singh after what happened? Or attempt to sue or consult him because it’s very serious and the amount of money wasted is really no joke

Wanderlust

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2022, 09:46:56 PM »

did you ever meet up with Dr Singh after what happened? Or attempt to sue or consult him because it’s very serious and the amount of money wasted is really no joke

Its in my previous posts, 2nd surgery I flew to Myanmar where Singh also practices. He helped cover surgery fees which I will give him credit for, I paid for the rest incl flight and stay. But the infection was visible from the outside, none of the doctors I saw in Bangkok (where I was working at the time) would even come close because they know the infection 99% had reached the metal and if they had "cleaned it" they would be liable and no doctor wants to be liable for another doctor's mistake. When bacteria touches the metal its game over, you gotta take out the instruments in there.

So 2nd surgery, he "cleans out" the swollen infected area and he kept telling me "no infection no infection" that was the worst part. Because even tho it got cleaned out, the bacteria is there and it will grow. I was on antibiotics forever and really strong ones at that, it totally messed with my health. It was hurting and I kept telling Singh.. this feels weird, this feels weird, and the kept saying "no infection, its all in my head" it wasnt until I was in enough pain that I went to Korea that I knew.. fk.. this is fking serious.

Can I sue him? Probably but I signed the document saying he's not liable since its a cosmetic surgery. All doctors make you sign those before surgery. So suing would be costly and hard to win. Did I report him? I tried to the health ministry in Singapore but that requires a lot of time, I probably need to fly there in person, and a lot of digging on my part of evidence. And even then I need to be able to prove fault which is so hard because 1. I signed all those documents and 2. whatever was done / seen in those surgery rooms such as my 2nd surgery in Myanmar isn't captured on camera, nor is it documented because the doctor can lie about it. So.. so hard to fight it.

And fixing it is no joke. With the money I spent I could have pretty much done stryde in my femurs as well.

So up to you, you make your decision. I can only give you my experience. But my health was affected (both mentally and physically), I spent almost double of what I was going to spend because I had to fix these issues, I spent so much time as well, more than the average person doing the same surgery at Dr Lees.

So time, money, health, all depleted because of this situation. So now I am a big believer that not all doctor's are the same. Actually there is a huge huge variance in doctor skill level.

Think about it this way, you've seen those botched surgeries of rhinoplasties gone wrong? Or those horror stories of some cosmetic surgery gone wrong? Why is it? Because they went to those less experienced less knowledgeable, still trying to hone their craft on new patients, kind of doctors, because it is cheaper.

Now compare that to some of your friends or celebrities in Singapore. I bet you some of them have had plastic surgery but you won't even know given how natural, how well the doctor did it.

I will be completely honest, I had surgery done once before in Korea. And the doctor did such a fking good job no one knew, not even my parents or my relatives or people that I have known my whole life. Everyone except my sister haha cause shes a surgeon herself, but even she was questioning whether something was different or not.

This was because I visited 20-30 different clinics just for that 1 simple surgery because I know how important doctor skill level is now. I've learned my lesson to thoroughly vet doctors before a surgery now. Because its their hands, their knowledge, their skill level that determines the outcome of your surgery.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up