Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to develop mother-tongue thinking in home country?  (Read 277 times)

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
How to develop mother-tongue thinking in home country?
« on: December 25, 2021, 08:54:53 AM »

Another very off-topic question but I wonder if there is any language learners hanging around here and what are your takes on how to develop a best mother-tongue thinking?
I made this question cuz when I am chatting with expats on Internet by typing, they at times cannot understand what I am saying even though I type without typos and grammatical errors so it's very frustrating to know my fingers have created stloads of bs that cannot make sense to them.
I dunno how to develop mother-tongue thinking in my home country China and yeah, I really discovered that I knew nearly nothing about American slangs and their thinking of creating languages is very different from that that we have learned so far in our country.
So I think the most difficult part of learning a new language is not volcabulary or grammar, but mother-tongue thinking that can reconcile with native speakers in communications.

Exxon

Re: How to develop mother-tongue thinking in home country?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2021, 02:03:23 PM »

Another very off-topic question but I wonder if there is any language learners hanging around here and what are your takes on how to develop a best mother-tongue thinking?
I made this question cuz when I am chatting with expats on Internet by typing, they at times cannot understand what I am saying even though I type without typos and grammatical errors so it's very frustrating to know my fingers have created stloads of bs that cannot make sense to them.
I dunno how to develop mother-tongue thinking in my home country China and yeah, I really discovered that I knew nearly nothing about American slangs and their thinking of creating languages is very different from that that we have learned so far in our country.
So I think the most difficult part of learning a new language is not volcabulary or grammar, but mother-tongue thinking that can reconcile with native speakers in communications.

Agreed, it's the mindset you need to develop in order to understand a language further, that's the tricky part. Unfortunately I don't know many languages so I can't answer how to improve it.

Sorcerer

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2021, 09:50:43 AM »

Agreed, it's the mindset you need to develop in order to understand a language further, that's the tricky part. Unfortunately I don't know many languages so I can't answer how to improve it.
I think Immersion is the best way to develop it which needs you to communicate with native speakers, or just migrate over the country that speaks the language you are learning but both of them is not easy for Chineses cuz of the policies in addition to the present pandemic.
Slang is also difficult to learn cuz China's English education doesn't teach you such thing and you gotta learn how to use Urban Dictionary which you can only look up slangs after you run into certain slangs.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2021, 02:33:19 PM »

Probably the best way to learn American slang and colloquialisms outside of complete immersion is seriously partaking in American media, American online spaces. and making American friends. That should be just as effective, if not a little more when done right.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Sorcerer

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2021, 04:34:47 AM »

Probably the best way to learn American slang and colloquialisms outside of complete immersion is seriously partaking in American media, American online spaces. and making American friends. That should be just as effective, if not a little more when done right.
Good point and they are what I am working on. I really discovered my country's English education is not very overwhelming cuz it doesn't teach students about American slang and colloquialisms and if it weren't for me buying a VPN to have access out of domestic webs, I will probably never learn much about slang and colloquialisms.
Pages: [1]   Go Up