Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LON with Height increase info team  (Read 2025 times)

youknow

• Visitor
LON with Height increase info team
« on: February 16, 2022, 03:42:52 PM »

Hi Everyone !

I am "youknow" and I'm completely new to this forum. My goal is to gain 6cm on my tibia.

After months of research and consideration, my tibial lengthening surgery using LON method ( Illizarov ) was done on Feb 6,2022( D day) with Height Increase Info team. Its been 10 days now and I'm gaining my mobility and flexibility day by day. Due to stay in hospital and ICU I could not share my first 10 days of experience. However I remember how the initial days were, The pain after the surgery was bit okay compared to others , I would rate ( 5 out of 10 ) in the first week. This is may be because I am into fitness and might be my pain tolerance is on the higher sider compared to others and also it is completely depends on the individual. Note that I was also on pain killers, vitals and other antibiotics for 5 days in the ICU.
After the discharge , I am staying in a guest house with the height increase info team.
I remember Dr. Hirdesh ( physiotherapist ) made me sit on the bed and I kept my legs on the floor on the 2nd day of the surgery. There was some pain in my knee area due to the Pin insertions and the stitches. Dr. Sunil Saini ( surgeon) also visited me everyday during the hospital stay to check on me and thankfully everything went well during the hospitalisation.

Right now I have been doing two physio sessions per day. The pain levels are coming down once the sessions are completed and my mobility&flexibility is increasing however there is some pin site pain and pain in the osteotomy, I hope it will reduce by doing more physio sessions.  I also take painkillers before bed only if necessary. Most of the times I try not to rely on pain killers because it can have other side effects.
I have started my distraction process on Feb 14 by 1mm / day and gained almost 3mm till now. Thankfully things have been going smooth and hope will reach my goal of 6 cm without much hurdles.
I'll be sharing experience in the following days & Watch this space for more  :D

youknow

• Visitor
Re: LON with Height increase info team
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 06:28:15 AM »

Hi all,

It has been some time since my last post. Today is my 17th day POD and my 9th day of distraction.  I am going at 1mm/day and everything is going smooth thankfully. I'll be going for the xray once I hit the 1cm or may be by this weekend. There is some pain in my legs at night near the pinsites but it is manageable. I have stopped taking painkillers on my day 13. I can see my skin around the calf area is getting stretched due to the distraction and the team has applied coconut oil around the stretched area and it is better now.

As of now I'm attaching my POD (Day 2) xray and my video of 2 POD.

Xray: https://imgur.com/a/0dwpTVl

https://imgur.com/a/vQl59Iq

youknow

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2022, 02:09:31 PM »

Hey all !
Been quite a long since my last post. Had been busy with work and other stuffs.  I had gone for my Xray on 10th and the results are pretty good. I have gain little over 2cm on my right tibia and 1.7 in left. There is some discrepancy may be because of the compression in the left leg.

Dr. Hirdeshsuggested to go on 1.25mm on left tibia to catchup with the right one for some days. I do not feel any muscle stretching pain till now and thanks to Hirdesh for taking good care of the physio sessions. I am also stretching my lower limbs with stretching bands 2-3x times/day and it is helping alot. The pain has drastically reduced and stopped taking painkillers. However the sleep is not very much comfortable until the frames are removed.

Hoping that my journey for the another 4cm will also go well.

thankscience

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2022, 09:14:07 PM »

Best of luck!

youknow

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2022, 05:35:09 PM »

Thanks @thanksscience

This is my Xray which I took on March 10th. Will be going for next Xray after one week.

https://imgur.com/a/oWvjJHY

thankscience

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2022, 02:08:15 AM »

Is it just me or is the bone misaligned?

Also how come you had to spend a few days in ICU? Glad it's going well now!

youknow

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2022, 05:33:01 AM »

@thankscience The bone is not mis aligned. It is still sliding through the nail, once the distraction is over 4cm it will be aligned properly.

I was in ICU only for 5 days post surgery. The video I posted got delayed. Sorry for the confusion.

overandover

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2022, 06:08:35 AM »

@thankscience The bone is not mis aligned. It is still sliding through the nail, once the distraction is over 4cm it will be aligned properly.

I was in ICU only for 5 days post surgery. The video I posted got delayed. Sorry for the confusion.

Why were in in the ICU dude? Did you get an infection?

youknow

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2022, 06:19:04 AM »

I was in the ICU only in the initial days after the limb lengthening surgery which is mandatory for everyone. I did not have any complications till now.

thankscience

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2022, 07:22:48 AM »

Thanks for clarifying :D I'm glad to hear you've had no complications.

more

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2022, 07:43:42 AM »

Is it just me or is the bone misaligned?

Also how come you had to spend a few days in ICU? Glad it's going well now!
Both Tibia bones are misaligned !

youknow

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2022, 06:01:18 PM »

hey all. !

Completed two months from initial surgery and did my Xray last week and gained almost 4cm. Progression is good, standing twice a day using the crutches. Things are going smooth with distraction of 0.75mm/day. I could feel the muscles are getting tight on my left leg, however I am stretching them 3x-4xtimes a day to avoid muscle stiffness.  Hopefully will remove the frames in 3-4 weeks.

Xray: https://imgur.com/a/hEz2nPr

youknow

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2022, 07:34:19 AM »

hey all,

Removed my frames on may 8, though my goal was 6cm I pushed a little more for 6.5cm.
I have started to walk with walker and things are going okay now. The new height makes me feel good.

My hamstrings are tight now, doing physio twice a day, apart from physio I'm doing hamstrings stretches, calves stretches, gait exercises whenever possible on my own.

You can see my after frame removal xray below.

https://imgur.com/a/GdG70hD

youknow

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2022, 07:43:41 AM »

hey all,

I have started walking more and more and everyday is getting better. I am doing exercises to strengthen my legs. The new height gives more confident when I'm around the crowd. There is still some stiffness around the calves and ankles, but stretching everyday has become a routine and eventually it will reduce. Comparatively muscles are much relaxed now.

id0n4x

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2022, 09:36:18 AM »

Congrats, Are you close to normal walking?

madhur97

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2022, 08:55:20 AM »

Thanks dude for your diary. How long did you stay with the HII team in the guest house and when did you return home?

BeHappy

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2023, 04:29:18 PM »

Any updates?

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2023, 04:01:39 PM »

If you have recent imaging data please put it at this thread. Redact any information that could be used to dox you.

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up