Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cooper Precise 2 with Dr. Paley (June 3rd-2014)  (Read 31928 times)

Cooper

• If it was easy everyone would do it!!!
Re: Cooper Precise 2 with Dr. Paley (June 3rd-2014)
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2014, 02:02:22 AM »

Update 10/19/2014

I am crutches free now. It's been two about weeks and feels great. It was not easy at day 1. I felt uncomfortable, little bit pain on hip area. Plus my brain certainly was not accepting the fact I can walk normal. It took exactly 4 months post op to ditch the crutches. The last two weeks been great....in one word...AWESOME!  I am doing pretty much everything except running and sports. I can walk up and down stairs with one leg no problem. I was very careful for few days but not no issue there.

I think my journey was one of the easiest one. I was preparing for worst but lucky me I guess.  I had no pain whatsoever. Reflecting back, my biggest pain was first bowl movement and the first IT band stretching. Other than that I was sailing very well from the get go. Importantly I worked the whole time and no loss of income in most part.  I think I will return back to full athleticism. I am planning on playing sport in 2 months from now but will definitely check with Dr. Paley before.

I am considering tibia...lengthening is addictive :) I am not sure where and what method. I prefer not to spend another $100K again plus want to be stress free. I was paranoid all the time about any complication/nail bending/malfunctioning et cetera. Honestly many times I forgot about partial WB. Several times I stand in ONE FEET and I even walked once while lengthening. Ok, I was not testing it was accidental. One time I was tying my shoe lace with one feet on ground and another one on car door lol.  I forgot I had precise nail in my body...no pain whatsoever.  I was so stressed until I saw my x-ray and everything was in control.

I prefer doing LATN/LON on my tibia for several reason. 1) Mobility right after lengthening. Most people walk without crutches in 2-3 weeks 2) Piece of mind. More control over the lengthening mechanism. Planning on 5/5.5cm on tibia to keep the proportion.
Starting Height: 160
Gained Femur: 6.9cm (Dr. Paley)
Right Tibia Goal: 5.5/6CM

TRS

« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2014, 01:58:48 PM »

I was paranoid all the time about any complication/nail bending/malfunctioning et cetera.
Absolutely true with internal nails! This was in my mind and each distraction session was nerve racking. I would have adrenal burnout after each X-ray session worrying about whether the nails are working :o
I feel satisfied that I'm done with internal nails and I can now focus on externals and not worry about nail failure.

Honestly many times I forgot about partial WB. Several times I stand in ONE FEET and I even walked once while lengthening. Ok, I was not testing it was accidental. One time I was tying my shoe lace with one feet on ground and another one on car door lol.  I forgot I had precise nail in my body...no pain whatsoever.  I was so stressed until I saw my x-ray and everything was in control.
I laughed at this because today I accidentally stood and put my whole weight on one leg while climbing the stairs. I had a panic attack and immediately checked if my leg was intact.

Anyways, how are you doing now? Are you walking normal without getting too much attention?

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2014, 02:54:12 PM »

Hope you are fine
Any updates please

Chenboy

« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2015, 01:20:35 PM »

Hi yesterday I just had consultation with paley  now I am in Wpb haha

Cooper

• If it was easy everyone would do it!!!
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2015, 07:15:04 PM »

Update:
I have been playing tennis lately. I can run and jump fine. Small jump only. Not up to same speed but able to rally around. But if I continue to do so regularly in six months time I will be close to pre LL.

Sometimes I feel discomfort in hip area. I emailed Dr. Paley and he mentioned it will go away after the nail removal.

Rest is looking good. Just had 1 year anniversary. I am very happy with the surgery process and considering tibia at the moment. I might go outside US for cheaper option. Looking into Dr. Monegal, Dr. Inan and Dr. Lee as potential option.
Starting Height: 160
Gained Femur: 6.9cm (Dr. Paley)
Right Tibia Goal: 5.5/6CM

alps

« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2015, 08:04:04 PM »

thanks for the update Cooper :)

Yogi Bear

• Visitor
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2015, 12:19:56 AM »

Good to hear of ur smooth recovery Cooper :D
My journey with Paley starts shortly on 30 Jun- am  ting bricks

BTW, are u aware of what nail removal actually entails? When will u be considering it?
Best with tibs!!
Female/Asian
Dr Paley/Femurs/Surgery Date 30 June 2015

Tallexpectations

« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2015, 11:53:35 PM »

Cooper you are great
Which one do you prefer: monegal or paley?

Tallexpectations

« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2015, 06:06:10 PM »

DO you play tennis?

Tallexpectations

« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2015, 12:56:45 AM »

cooper, are you ok? why dont you answer my questions?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up