Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Cooper Precise 2 with Dr. Paley (June 3rd-2014)  (Read 31891 times)

Cooper

• If it was easy everyone would do it!!!
Cooper Precise 2 with Dr. Paley (June 3rd-2014)
« on: June 03, 2014, 12:58:46 AM »

I am scheduled to go surgery tomorrow with Dr. Paley. I originally planned to go with Dr. Birkholtz in South Africa but due to my work schedule conflict I could not make the trip. I still think that would have been financially wise. 

I am here in west palm beach staying in hotel with a friend. Less than 12 hours to go and very nervous as the clock is ticking much faster than before. Having a strange feeling, excited, nervous and come to think life will never be same from tomorrow on. Hope this bring the happiness I have been waiting for last 2 years. 

I will need all your support, pray and wishes during this difficult journey. I will try to keep you inform but most of you already know what to expect as this is not the first diary from the Dr.Paley. But nonetheless I will try to answer any question.

Will update you after the surgery...stay tune!
Starting Height: 160
Gained Femur: 6.9cm (Dr. Paley)
Right Tibia Goal: 5.5/6CM

shortkid

Re: Cooper Precise 2 with Dr. Paley (June 3rd-2014)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 01:17:25 AM »

I am going to try and start my own journey with Paley in July, hopefully Ill meet you! Good luck!

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 01:51:20 AM »

Another Dr. Paley patient experience, excellent! Lots of luck, Cooper. You're fortunate to be getting your surgery performed by one of the best in the field. Can't wait for your updates :D
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 01:55:12 AM »

Good luck mate, report back  ;D

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 02:48:33 AM »

Enjoy the last few hours of your legs feeling good, for the next few months.  :P

Sweatpants

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 05:35:49 AM »

Good Luck, Cooper!!!  :)

TRS

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 06:38:49 AM »

All the best buddy!

mediocre

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 08:29:31 AM »

All the best bro.

Looks we're forming a Paley ward in here.

leonidas

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 08:42:31 AM »

Good luck cooper. Always followed your postings as you were one of the people that made good detailed comments and seemed genuinely concerned about others. Very happy for you that you followed through with your dreams, fortune favors the brave!

Cooper

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2014, 08:10:19 PM »

I am alive and doing well  ;D

The surgery went well. I am on my room and watching French open tennis on my iPad. I was working till late yesterday. Finally feel I am having some time off. No pain and I am on epidural. I feel no different than preop surgery. I know this temporary. I can bend my left knee but cannot move the right one yet.

The PT begins tomorrow. Today is the day to rest.

Cooper

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2014, 08:11:53 PM »

Thank you all for your wishes. It really means lot to me.

Cooper

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2014, 10:05:45 PM »

Watching game and enjoying dinner...ate all the foods that was on the plate.

Cooper

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2014, 10:07:05 PM »

I am feeling better so far....epidural is definitely keeping the pain in control.

Working on my first day. Send couple emails and take care of few business stuff.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2014, 10:09:30 PM »

How's the food taste? I hope it's better than your typical hospital food.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

galaxy1

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2014, 11:18:09 PM »

That's great you did it. When the pain kicks in let's hope it won't be bad at all. :)

Cooper

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2014, 12:32:58 AM »

Thanks Galaxy.

The food was OK better than other US hospital.

I puke whatever I ate felt terrible for an hour. I am back normal now.

Nurse are super nice. I wanted to have a soup and she came back with can of chicken soup. She is warming up while I am typing.

TRS

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2014, 02:53:51 AM »

It's amazing that you're simultaneously recovering from surgery and taking care of business matters :o
Did you have general anaesthesia?
I believe that Paley suggested ITB release, did you undergo this and did he perform any other release on you?
Stay strong bro :)

Cooper

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2014, 02:25:29 PM »

Yes general anesthesia. ITB and other soft tissue release.

Day 2- no pain. Epidural keeping control.  The nurses here recommends epidural to be top on pain rather than chasing pain. Once you are in pain it will be some what difficult to manage it.

Believe or not I worked 8 hours yesterday. Get bored watching tv and movies all the time. Sleeping is not so great on and off. Had a breakfast, pancakes, eggs, coffee and juice. Eating well and took some stool softener to ease the constipation. No bowl movement so far. 

Cooper

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2014, 02:33:53 PM »

Day 3
0 pain. Slept well. Nurses comes every now and then for vitals and cannot have continuous sleep. After the PT yesterday my body get really tired. They transfer me to wheel chair. And took four steps on walker and was painful. I have been running fever but now gone.

mediocre

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2014, 02:45:36 PM »

Bro. Can you write your profile on this thread, including your height, desired increase in height, age, etc. if possible?

Thanks.

Cooper

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2014, 02:51:33 PM »

done.

Cooper

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2014, 03:11:06 PM »

One think I liked here is they do well on pain management. Nurses here wants this procedure a pleasure experience not a painful. The epidural and catheter will be out but other medication are on cue for pain control. I am feeling great on day 3. The wound is healing well and I can feel it.

YellowSpike

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2014, 03:13:31 PM »

Sounds like you're doing great man. I will definitely be watching your story, as I am hoping to do Precice 2 on femurs soon, myself.

Best of luck to you, bro.

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2014, 10:25:17 PM »

So your goals have increased since deciding to go with Dr Paley, would have been 6 had you proceeded with Dr Birkholtz if I remember correctly. Sounds like you're doing well, please continue updating us when you can. Regarding the catheter, do they put that on when you're out of it during the surgery or when you are awake?

Cooper

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2014, 11:55:28 AM »

Day 4.

Pain is under control. On the third day I did not take pain killer medicine after 9PM till all the way 9AM for 12 hours. I did fine and was very much surprise. The most pain was probably at 2 at tops. I took Percocet right before PT around 9.

Epidural was taken out on Day 3, post day 2. I was bit scarred thought pain will spike but that did not change much. They took out the catheter after 30 minutes, it was painless. May be 0-1 pain level.

Catheter was inserted probably at OR. I had it when I wake up after the surgery.

Yesterday I did my first poop. It was terrible, probably the painful experience so far on my LL journey. The whole ordeal took about 30-45 minutes. I had Rtaller version of alien poop. I had very difficult time, drank couple glass of water in anticipation that will press. After 30 minutes of sitting I called nurse and ask if they can give me any medicine. They recommend hot water. I was already sweating from my forehead to chest. Sweat was dripping from my body almost from everywhere. I was feeling super hot. I said YES I will take anything that helps. That seemed to help a lot. Remember guys HOT WATER.

Then same time my right foot start going numb. I did not want to get up without finishing the task. I could not think of doing this over again. It is now or never. Despite numbness I tried and still the foreign object would not exit out of the system. I applied my hand to grab that thing and pull it out. I read that version on Rtaller and I followed his path. That helped out, reading patient diaries will go on distance. After few minutes it started loosening up and I felt 1000% better. I was glad that hum was over. Big relief...

My body is very sensitive to drugs which helps keep the pain under control. I have masculine  legs that might have helped seduce pain. I am athletic and been playing tennis about 15-20 hours a week. I did not do any stretch, Dr. Paley did not insist. The pain is not an issue for me at all. So far have been pleasant experience. Because of sensitivity I might have experience severe contamination.

I liked here at the hospital, staff are very nice and they are like family/friends. Not looking forward to going to hotel. Dr. Paley and his staff paid visit yesterday. Around 10 people were in the group, large group, was like presidential visitation. I will start lengthening from Monday.

I have been working 5-6 hours every day since the surgery day. My legs are weak and cannot stand up easily, need support to get up, and walking is by far the biggest challenge. My wounds are healing on each passing day. Hope to get back some strength in next few days. I will love to walk on walker at least go to bathroom on my own. That is my goal in coming days.

YellowSpike

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2014, 04:54:51 PM »

Hey Cooper, it's been almost a week since your surgery (or has it already, lol)...how are you doing? I hope you're doing great!

Cooper

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2014, 11:21:09 PM »

I am doing really well. I can transfer to and from wheel chair to walker. That was big relief. I was not able to get up but were able to sit down. From today that hum is over. I am in and out by myself. I went to bathroom and refresh on my own. Had a first PT session today and they think I am doing great.

I am sitting on hotel office chair and don't even feel I have rod inside my body. Very close to normal feeling. It's insane. Making substantial progress everyday. I can work fine, eat well but cannot walk far on walker. By next week I think I will be in much better shape.

I did my first turn today. I already did 3 x .25 and one more to go today which I will do after dinner. The lengthening was painless, did not feel a damn thing. On the last one felt little sensation and that was it. I am hoping the rod is lengthening fine and THAT IS MY BIGGEST CONCERN now. My x-ray will be in two weeks from now and only can confirm at that time. Other than that all is well. I am enjoying so far.

shortkid

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2014, 12:33:06 AM »

Hey cooper, it seems like everything is going really well with your LL! Thats great! Do you mind if I ask why you had LL? I personally want it because I am hoping it will help with my confidence with girls and height dysphoria. We are around the same height 5'3ish 5'4ish. I am curious because I want to know how much more confident you are after and if you still feel short or if you finally feel good and normal. I am planning on doing LL with paley soon but I am worried that since I will still only be around 5'7ish after that I still wont be happy with myself. Thanks Cooper and hope to hear from you soon!

mediocre

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2014, 02:36:27 AM »

Nice going bro.

When do you decide if it's 7 or 8cm?

Cooper

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2014, 01:30:12 PM »

My height always played a larger role on my social skills and confidence. I wish I could have done this when I was 19. I hope to overcome the height neurosis and gain my confidence. Hope I will achieve both.

Cooper

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2014, 01:39:49 PM »

After talking with Dr. Paley, it seems possible to get 7-8cm. They asked my goal on my consultation. I told them I want to go max as long as my body allows. We will see how that goes. So far so good...3mm as of last night.

Today is exactly post 7 days op. I am seeing great progress yesterday. I was able to put my sox on by myself. Last night I was able to flip on my bed. I sleep few hours on my stomach. Every day I am picking something new. I do get stiffness and weird pain (level 3-4) right after lengthening. Lately I feel electrical tingle on my left knees through upward muscle when I walk. It's on and off. It only happen after I started lengthening.

Everything is going well so far. Legs are gaining strength slowly and PT is definitely helping. I am looking forward to going at the center everyday. They ask to do two times PT at home and I am mostly doing 4 times. One at the center and one later in the evening and two interval at night. I have a friend who helps out on shopping, lengthening, buying lunch and dinner. Mentally I am doing well because of him. It will be tough to be alone. Possibly that is the main reason I am sailing so far.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up