Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When does Distraction Pain Subside  (Read 465 times)

Delorcha234

• Visitor
When does Distraction Pain Subside
« on: February 27, 2022, 02:20:32 AM »

Had Femurs done on 2/18 with Dr. D.

Following the operation, the surgical pain wasn’t too bad for me. All the doctors and nurses were surprised at how little pain meds I took. I started lengthening on 2/23 (.25mm 4x a day), and the pain has become a 6-7/10. I am now taking all pain meds to the max, and the pain is still bad.

Fellow LL’s, is the first week or 2 of distraction the worst, or am I in for a long and painful journey. I was very flexible pre surgery, so I don’t think it has anything to do with that.

Movie

Re: When does Distraction Pain Subside
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2022, 03:09:05 AM »

first couple weeks are the worst, then it eases up, but pain Distraction pain will subside when you stop distracting  ::)
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

6CMFemurs

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2022, 03:15:31 AM »

I remember pain after distraction with femurs until I slowed down to 0.75 mm per day at around 4 CM, distraction pain went away instantly after that.

6CMFemurs

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2022, 03:16:14 AM »

Btw in those days, they used to start distraction the day after surgery for young patients.

tallerwouldbenice

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2022, 08:09:08 AM »

If you have pain when you use the machine or immediately after, that's not normal and you should speak to the doctor. If you have pain in general, then that's normal. Unfortunately. But sometimes there's a specific reason and it can be addressed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up