Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Videos of before and after athleticism?  (Read 972 times)

despers123

• Visitor
Videos of before and after athleticism?
« on: April 23, 2022, 10:55:58 PM »

I'm looking to compile videos on people's athletic ability after LL. I'm looking for videos after LL, more data the better. I have seen 3 videos so far and only 1 of them looked like running was back to normal, al other examples people seem to be using their upper body to compensate for loss of explosive power in the legs. Missing from this analysis are simple things like how much was lengthened. If you can please link me to or provide me with as much before and after as you can. Thanks

despers123

• Visitor
Re: Videos of before and after athleticism?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2022, 11:38:33 PM »

Also if you know the phenomenon I'm referring to then perhaps you could offer some insight into why it happens and if it can be avoided.

BelowTheMean

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2022, 02:39:29 PM »

I can’t speak for others but personally I lost a lot of leg power after LL. Maybe in the longer term (after 2-3 years) I can get some of it back but right before nail removal I could run about half as fast as I used to and didn’t have enough stamina to even run one mile without stopping to walk.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

despers123

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2022, 06:00:49 PM »

You did 8cm? In the femur? Do you think there is a min length one can go for without severely impacting athleticism?

TheDream

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2022, 08:40:24 PM »

You did 8cm? In the femur? Do you think there is a min length one can go for without severely impacting athleticism?

Not the guy you were asking, but any LL procedure will severely impact athleticism.
The amount you lengthen will further increase the impact, but if you go into LL you should accept the fact that your athleticism will most likely not be the same again after.

6CMFemurs

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2022, 12:48:22 AM »

You can get it back after a few years if you do the procedure young enough. I regained a lot of my athleticism when I started trying to 5+ years after the surgery.

AimHigh

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2022, 01:58:44 AM »

I lost a lot of leg power after 8cm femur ll, i wouldn't recommend this surgery to anyone who is a competitive athelete
2016 5.3 cm RFem. Fitbone, 2019 8cm LFem. Precice 2.2, 2022 2.9 cm Rfem Precice 2.2

randy

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2022, 05:33:41 AM »

I lost a lot of leg power after 8cm femur ll, i wouldn't recommend this surgery to anyone who is a competitive athelete

Hey, do you mind checking your DM please. Thank you

despers123

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2022, 01:27:12 AM »

What would yu consider young age range? Also would Bone age be relevant here? WHat about HGH usage?

despers123

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2022, 01:39:04 AM »

Also to those reading this, perhaps yu can answer this question for me: Which aspect of LL or even broken bones overall make full (perfect) recoveries so hard? Is it about how much muscles stretch? The initial shock to the system? etc

BelowTheMean

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2022, 02:02:57 PM »

Also to those reading this, perhaps yu can answer this question for me: Which aspect of LL or even broken bones overall make full (perfect) recoveries so hard? Is it about how much muscles stretch? The initial shock to the system? etc

My guess is the elongation of soft tissue, it's probably not as strong as before. Maybe muscles could return to their original strength after many years of training, but at this point it doesn't seem like something that would come easily, if even possible.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

ReadRothbard

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2022, 08:59:34 PM »

Power or strength?
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon
Pages: [1]   Go Up