Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Most entrepreneurs are interested in investing longevity of life.  (Read 1633 times)

ilovescience

It came as a surprise to me that some aren't interested in it. Here is the link to article.
https://www.cnbctv18.com/science/why-elon-musk-is-not-interested-in-longevity-of-life-13131252.htm

It seems there may soon be medicine that helps us live better later in life. We easily get ill as we past age of 65.
Scientists probably have found solution in medicine that helps us stay away from diseases.

It may also extend our lifespans for decades.

Most entrepreneurs are interested,  but some aren't.

Do you think our society will be stuck in old idea if everyone lives very long life?

BelowTheMean

Re: Most entrepreneurs are interested in investing longevity of life.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 02:09:45 PM »

It came as a surprise to me that some aren't interested in it. Here is the link to article.
https://www.cnbctv18.com/science/why-elon-musk-is-not-interested-in-longevity-of-life-13131252.htm

It seems there may soon be medicine that helps us live better later in life. We easily get ill as we past age of 65.
Scientists probably have found solution in medicine that helps us stay away from diseases.

Do you think our society will be stuck in old idea if everyone lives very long life?

I think most people who are enjoying life want to live healthy longer. I sure would.
Increased longevity would definitely increase the wealth and power gap though, which seems like it would be a big issue since it's already an issue now.

Elon's perspective is consistent with his overall mission of improving the odds of survival for humanity as a whole.
I agree that the vast majority of people don't change their perspectives very easily, and new ideas are born from young people, but new ideas may not always be correct.
However, like many have mentioned, in the American political system age limits are a simple solution that would fix a lot of the current issues with the government.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

ilovescience

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2022, 04:23:18 AM »

I think most people who are enjoying life want to live healthy longer. I sure would.
Increased longevity would definitely increase the wealth and power gap though, which seems like it would be a big issue since it's already an issue now.

Elon's perspective is consistent with his overall mission of improving the odds of survival for humanity as a whole.
I agree that the vast majority of people don't change their perspectives very easily, and new ideas are born from young people, but new ideas may not always be correct.
However, like many have mentioned, in the American political system age limits are a simple solution that would fix a lot of the current issues with the government.
Increased longevity, some people like it and some don't. But it would give us more chances to do more things in lives, and only that we could better understand the world, e.g. travel to space.

stevens

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2022, 11:12:50 PM »

codingreallysucks

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2022, 09:43:33 AM »

Yeah I agree upon BelowtheMean if you are short it sucks if you live long.

oklama

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2022, 05:35:41 PM »

Elon is dumb for that. This will be a huge industry (already is) and his statements only really apply if everything in the world remains constant except longevity of life. he's double stupid for that because he himself is working on augmenting humans (neuralink), and if we augment humans we can get past basically anything
19 yrs old
goal: 173 (8cm)
looking at giotikas or becker
maybe will get to 180cm eventually

BelowTheMean

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2022, 05:22:34 PM »

Yeah I agree upon BelowtheMean if you are short it sucks if you live long.

If I knew for sure that I was going to live for another 100+ years in a healthy body, I'd consider doing my tibias and humerus too ::)
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

ilovescience

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2022, 03:59:42 AM »

Elon is dumb for that. This will be a huge industry (already is) and his statements only really apply if everything in the world remains constant except longevity of life. he's double stupid for that because he himself is working on augmenting humans (neuralink), and if we augment humans we can get past basically anything

I think after VR, longevity of life and regenerative medicine will be the next big industry.

ilovescience

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2022, 04:03:19 AM »

If I knew for sure that I was going to live for another 100+ years in a healthy body, I'd consider doing my tibias and humerus too ::)
Some experts predicted some of people may choose to become cyborgs. Looks like lots of things might happen in near future.

Some also predicted that people who were born after 1950 have a chance to add another at least 30 to 50 years of lifespan to their lifespans, before 2040. Is it possible based on how far our medicine has progressed so far?

TranslatingWithWriting

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2022, 07:57:52 AM »

Yeah if u can make sure you were rich with long lifespan, you can consider new technologies that can increase your height in the future, since most of people can not avail themselves of them because they don't have enough money anyway.

ilovescience

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2022, 12:40:02 AM »

Yeah if u can make sure you were rich with long lifespan, you can consider new technologies that can increase your height in the future, since most of people can not avail themselves of them because they don't have enough money anyway.

I believe there will be new technology that can extend life and increase height at lower risk, and more affordable. I hope it happens this century.

TranslatingWithWriting

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2022, 01:38:06 PM »

I believe there will be new technology that can extend life and increase height at lower risk, and more affordable. I hope it happens this century.
I'd rather expect height increasing technologies can come out as soon as possible. I don't care about lifespan very much but my height is important.

TranslatingWithWriting

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2022, 01:40:56 PM »

You can also be a guinea pig for new technologies coming out within next decades haha. I think Spine Lengthening, Scranial Magnetic Therapy, Stem Cell Surgery will be very stunning in height increasing for adults.

ilovescience

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2022, 01:59:50 PM »

I'd rather expect height increasing technologies can come out as soon as possible. I don't care about lifespan very much but my height is important.

I read somewhere saying that some scientists actually are working on reopening the growth plate in order to grow taller like during the puberty. Don't know if it happens in a few years. I think it could happen based on the world already has very good understanding of human biology.

TranslatingWithWriting

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2022, 02:17:12 PM »

I read somewhere saying that some scientists actually are working on reopening the growth plate in order to grow taller like during the puberty. Don't know if it happens in a few years. I think it could happen based on the world already has very good understanding of human biology.
I am wondering why some short entrepreneurs like InFullStryde have not invested in height increasing technologies yet.
They can contribute very much to the technologies, as well as they can benefit from it, lest we can't achieve technologies before we are dead.

ilovescience

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2022, 12:44:57 AM »

I am wondering why some short entrepreneurs like InFullStryde have not invested in height increasing technologies yet.
They can contribute very much to the technologies, as well as they can benefit from it, lest we can't achieve technologies before we are dead.

Don't know but there should be new LL coming out in a decade if the demand for LL remains high in future.

TranslatingWithWriting

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2022, 10:24:51 PM »

Don't know but there should be new LL coming out in a decade if the demand for LL remains high in future.
The demands for height or LL will only increase.

Because:
1.The knowledges about LL are being exposed more and more, and more and more ppl will find out doing LL is not that awful as misunderstood.
2.The better living conditions are, the more demands there are for height in society, and in light of generally speaking the worldwide living conditions are improving so you know the score.
3.Due to the height inflations, they are fearmongering among particularly youngsters.

ilovescience

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2022, 12:33:03 AM »

The demands for height or LL will only increase.

Because:
1.The knowledges about LL are being exposed more and more, and more and more ppl will find out doing LL is not that awful as misunderstood.
2.The better living conditions are, the more demands there are for height in society, and in light of generally speaking the worldwide living conditions are improving so you know the score.
3.Due to the height inflations, they are fearmongering among particularly youngsters.

If future LL be pain free, many would do it. It would become a mainstream, probably.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2022, 03:42:12 AM »

Why would anyone wanna live longer in this evil society?

Darkness, negative energy, wickedness in high places control the world. I do NOT want to live longer in this babylonian system. Once I hit old age. I just want to die. That is it. fk this evil world.
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

ilovescience

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2022, 04:52:34 AM »

Why would anyone wanna live longer in this evil society?

Darkness, negative energy, wickedness in high places control the world. I do NOT want to live longer in this babylonian system. Once I hit old age. I just want to die. That is it. fk this evil world.

There are some places in chaos, also some places very quiet without a war.

We can choose to live in quiet places.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2022, 08:45:08 AM »

Not everyone has the same freedom of choices in life.
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

ilovescience

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2022, 01:37:01 AM »

A healthy lifestyle with long life sounds good.

ilovescience

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2022, 01:59:09 AM »

Not everyone has the same freedom of choices in life.
I know, but never give up. We can try to find a way to better our choices.

ilovescience

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2022, 12:57:28 PM »

If this is happening, many people will live to 200 years old. That means many of us are quite young.

Scientists probably discovered a way that humans can live up to 200, and it probably will happen in 10 years or less.
 ;)
Link to news:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10946839/Anti-ageing-living-youre-200-really-isnt-pipe-dream.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up