Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LON Femur with Dr. Uysal - AFA  (Read 1377 times)

Kia

• Visitor
LON Femur with Dr. Uysal - AFA
« on: April 28, 2022, 10:33:51 AM »

Hi all,

This is Sky from Indonesia. I have been reading this forum almost one year and trying to be sure that everything is okay both psychologically and physically for me before going limb Lengthening surgery. After talking with few companies in Turkey I decided to have surgery with Dr. Uysal. The reason why I choose AFA is because they seems like they are showing importance to patient's recovery and doctor follow whole process close as patients told me when I talked with them.

Actually I've wanted this surgery since I was 20 but I wasn't sure about it before I found this forum since I wasn't supported by my family and had many concerns about outcomes of it. I would like to thanks to many of you guys who inspired me a lot in this process which helps me to decide. I would like to do the same inspiration for others who thinks to have surgery and I will share my journey with you as much as I can.

Some personal information about me:
I am Female and from Indonesia, 25 years old with a none bad habits like smoking or drinking alcohol. I don't have any medication that I use regularly. My goal is to reach 8 cm on Femur. I hope I can make it in the end.

I had surgery on 7 April and my pain was 3-4 out of 10 generally, and sometimes I didn't feel much pain which surprised me because I was expecting more pain. Also the stuff in hospital was quite friendly because in Indonesia doctors and staff are anxious and angry most of the time. So seeing happy faces around me helped a lot after the surgery. My caretaker was always with me to help and AFA team answered my needs quickly.

After 8 days of hospital staying I was transferred to the hotel where I started to get physiotherapy sessions. These sessions helped me a lot because it plays an important role for me to learn to move around more proper way and reliefed my muscles. In addition to that using toilet was a bit hard for me at the beginning but it gets easier day by day.

It is my second week of lengthening and process is going pretty better than I expected except pains at night. I don't know it is because if I am less distracted at night but yeah I sometimes pain is more at night. After taking pain killers it is managable. I hope that pain will remain managable in whole process 😌

This is it for now and I think it is a good start for me at least. Thanks in advance for your good luck wishes. I will keep posting as much as I can with more detail maybe.

Sampai Jumpa (See you 😋)

Kia

• Visitor
Re: LON Femur with Dr. Uysal - AFA
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2022, 03:54:49 PM »

Hi to all who are reading this! I am here for a little update. It is my third week of lengthening and I can say that gaining mm each time started to makes me happy even though I feel pain sometimes.

So nowadays pain level when I wake up is between 1-2/10 and when I try to walk it is 3/10. So basically I am getting physiotherapy every five days in a week and it helps to reduce pain and tightness. I guess I get used to take sessions for two hours. Also I am taking painkillers from time to time especially at night. I continue to do exercises by myself in the room while watching some movies and videos. My flexibility of knees are pretty good now and at the same time I also feel like I put much effort to be in this condition as well. It must be a well deserved outcome. Besides, I am trying to eat healthy as much as I can to support my bone Union and keep focused on the recovery. It seems like it works for now.

Also the thing that disturbs me sometimes is backpain because from time to time I feel pain while I am laying down. Yeah, this process is not like a fairy tale in the end ofcourse since you should be concentrate in all aspects that you can. I am still pretty happy to make it no matter what.

This is it for now everyone. I hope everything will continue in the best way.

See you!

Kia

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 01:10:01 PM »

Hello to everyone! Things are going smooth for me except the back pain I have in some nights but that is okay. When I take painkillers it is still managable. Massage gun in physiotherapy sessions also helps a lot for my back and they also did massage for that specific area for muscle relief. Pinsite pain in the upper part is like 4/10 for now at night especially and when I wake up I feel like muscles are a bit more tight. After sessions it gets relief everyday. I am also trying to do exercises in my room as well which helps me to focus on healing.

You can also check my instagram page as I am updating my recovery on there too: sky202253

And here are my xrays guys!

https://ibb.co/nfcQL2L
https://ibb.co/0ZPw1M3

7cm

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2022, 04:10:30 AM »

Hello Kia , it's good to know that things are going smooth for you . While lengthening is it possible to work remotely with a laptop? I'm a programmer so I'm curious to know if it's possible to work after 2 weeks of the surgery.

canterk

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2022, 02:13:13 PM »

i want to know more about this doctor and AFA.

did you meet Dr Uysal online first before you flew to turkey?

how much did you pay AFA and did you get a discount or credit when you posted a diary here and created an instagram for it? I am asking because it seems all the AFA diaries have similar structure and all have instagram for some reason. thanks.

Kia

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2022, 09:16:54 AM »

Hello! I think that it is quite easy to work remotely in lengthening because you will have plenty of time except physio sessions. In here there are many friends who are in lengthening process and working online at the same time while they are at the hotel 🤞🏻
Hello Kia , it's good to know that things are going smooth for you . While lengthening is it possible to work remotely with a laptop? I'm a programmer so I'm curious to know if it's possible to work after 2 weeks of the surgery.

Kia

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2022, 10:00:34 AM »

Hi canterk. Firstly I have been doing research about LL surgery for approximately 1.5 years. I have talked with many former patients from most of the companies and read a lot of articles that doctors published (it was extremely hard to understand medical reading in the beginning thoo). I think everyone should make good research before LL surgery as well since it is not a small surgery like other cosmetic surgeries. After research period I decided to make surgery with afa because physio sessions seemed intense and doctor has also many articles on field. I had consultation before I come.

I was also Reading a lot of diary (like a ghost hahah) which helps me to made decision. I also wanted to share transparently whatever I experience in LL process which will help future comers to see every side of this period. I don't get any profit out of it. There are more important things than profit like health of person because as I mentioned this is no joke, this is no minor surgery everyone.

The way you see things is a thing that I can't have sphere of influence. I am just doing my very best to show everyone what this whole thing is like including good&bad sides as much as I can. This is what I feel thankful to former patients that helps me to create a regular mindset before whole thing.

Thanks anyways for your kind way of explaning your concern!

i want to know more about this doctor and AFA.

did you meet Dr Uysal online first before you flew to turkey?

how much did you pay AFA and did you get a discount or credit when you posted a diary here and created an instagram for it? I am asking because it seems all the AFA diaries have similar structure and all have instagram for some reason. thanks.

Kia

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2022, 10:48:20 AM »

Hi to all. Little update for you who are reading this;

Things are going well & I have had my very first two days without any painkiller which also surprised me. I almost forgot sleeping without painkiller,so it felt just great. I am also not a big fan of medicines so I am trying to avoid using as long as there is no major pain to disturb my daily life.

Additively I continue physical therapy sessions which make me feel like it is the new normal of my life hahah. Like there was no past and I have been doing this for so long. Anyway, I also had x-ray two weeks ago with a good callus 🖖🏻

Here is the link for xray for readers;

https://ibb.co/c3xVgJM
https://ibb.co/Rv2XfPt

I will update page as much as I can. Wish me a good luck. By for now!

ilovescience

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2022, 02:26:02 PM »

Kia,

How are you?

I hope you are successful in LL, reaching to your desired height.

May I ask your starting height and the height your goal is?

Thanks.

Kia

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2022, 03:13:03 PM »

Hi ilovescience!

I am doing quite well thanks for asking 😊

I was 152 before the surgery and my aim is to stop at 7 cm which will make me 159ish.

Also little update: currently I lengthened 5.5 cm and yeah there are still few ways to go (about 15 days). Although I went over 5 cm, my knee extension is really good now which is really a good recovery sign for me. I still don't take painkillers because I don't have major pain(except the migraine I had yesterday😅)

Apart from that, I spent time doing exercises, trying to learn more about lengthening (it is good to experience both theory and practice at the same time) and read other LL'ers experience. This is exactly what I do in the few past months, so it is kind of a holiday for me hahah. Still I am looking forward to get my fixator off tho.

I am still in the lengthening period of Femur but I am thinking to have Tibia lengthening after all these things are done. It becomes like getting tattoo I guess. Once you start, you keep lengthening hahah.

Here are my last xrays if anyone interested in;

https://ibb.co/dPxP71H

https://ibb.co/FnFLk17

By for now!

Kia,

How are you?

I hope you are successful in LL, reaching to your desired height.

May I ask your starting height and the height your goal is?

Thanks.

Kia

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2022, 03:20:52 PM »

Hello dear LL friends,
It's been a while since I don't update my page so it is time to do it as I have plenty of time. June has passed with physio sessions and chilling in the room. Besides two hours of PT in weekdays, I was trying to do more exercises. I am still using walker as it is recommended by Dr. Uysal.  I don’t use painkillers  mostly because I don’t feel any, especially during the day time.
Speed of the lengthening is also go in the same way; 0.25 X 4: 1mm a day. I wish there was a safe way to make it faster but going faster than this not safe and can cause harm.  Safety is more important than the other things from my perspective.  Additionaly, I almost eat the same things every day it becomes like a monodiet for me hahaha.  I only have back pain because of I always lay down on my back and sometimes I needed a massage for my back in the physiotherapy sessions.
I wouldn’t believe that few cm can make so much difference. But it does,  A LOT. Although I am not standing without support , it is clear that my legs are getting longer and longer. Moving out from comfort zone came with a good result.  Only thing is that my Tibia looks shorter as Femur getting taller each day. That’s why  I am thinking to have second surgery after all those process is done because I also want my internal nail to be removed. (I am not sure if is possible to remove Femur nail and have lengthening surgery on Tibia at the same time)
In short, things went going as it was planned. I will update about other details later on. You can send me messages from here or from instagram as well.
Bye for now!!

Dash

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2022, 07:45:02 PM »

Congratulations. Good to know about your journey
Pages: [1]   Go Up