Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Height and intelligence??  (Read 3250 times)

TranslatingWithWriting

Re: Height and intelligence??
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2022, 10:02:51 AM »

It's plain, 1000 times proven, bullshi*. Don't get another problem to add to any possible height neurosis.
Nevertheless, height neurosis and its ramifications such as depression, yes, can harm cognitive function. And in turn, sadly, some antidepressants and most tranquilizers harm memory capacity. It's another reason in my opinion for a LL candidate to find good continuous support from a good psychologist, or counselling, or coaching, as obligatory part of the whole process, from the beginning, planning phase, until post recovery or until he/she feels necessary or positive.
I did some researches about it recently and I think Wikipedia 'Height and Intelligence' gave the best answer to this question.

And yeah, as the recapulation of the wiki, the statements like 'short ppl are more stupid' is totally bs, not to mention we can find the opposite instances irl like Japanese, which is composed of a lot of intelligent people, including the son of Soft Bank.

Speaking of Japaneses, I read some materials written in the last century, and it seems to me during WWI and WWII, Japaneses were feeling inferior about their race to White and a writer back then described Japanese as 'more stupid, incapable, shorter than White..'(in regard of height it was true).

wants2growtaller

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2022, 10:19:54 AM »

They did the exact same thing but used race instead. Some racist scientist wanted to prove that black race was inferior intellectually, and they tried to study a few brains of all the races to see who was superior or inferior. Anyways it was debunked. Race and intelligence has no link. In my experience some people just want to justify the mistreatment of others and want to use a book to do it.
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

ilovescience

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2022, 01:47:21 AM »

I think this old saying is notable, never judge a book by its cover.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2022, 07:36:12 AM »

I think this old saying is notable, never judge a book by its cover.

Definitely an old saying. It seems like some of the older ways were a lot better now.
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

ilovescience

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2022, 12:59:23 AM »

Definitely an old saying. It seems like some of the older ways were a lot better now.

Every new era, people always have new ideas. However I miss some good old days.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2022, 11:23:23 AM »

Every new era, people always have new ideas. However I miss some good old days.

Yea, that is true. Personally, I like the old era. The old era it was more personality that mattered. This new era imo its LOOKS first then personality.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2022, 11:05:53 AM »

Yeah, statements like 'short people are more stupid than tall people' are definitely 'stupid'. Not to mention they don't know about statistics and genetics, we can also cite the opposite cases in reality to refute this kind of bs.

Ohh yes the "scientific" community has been discriminatory in regards to trying to show black people as mentally inferior. In fact that is exactly how the trans atlantic slave trade got started. If my memory recalls it was the Portuguese church paid this scientist/research to write a book claiming that africans were intellectually inferior in order to justify the enslavement of africans. The beginning of anti black racism started with the lie. Here is the TEdTalk about it.

They also lied about the size of Africa

Scientific Racism
https://www.genome.gov/about-genomics/fact-sheets/Eugenics-and-Scientific-Racism

MensaNR

• Visitor
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2022, 10:55:17 PM »

Which was your score at Mensa Dk computarized test? I got 119
I got 126

we.live.once

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2022, 11:13:54 AM »

I also don't think height has to do with intelligence.
from 185 to 190

Charizard

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2022, 11:33:25 AM »

I do not think there is a connection.
Current Height:5ft9''
Target Height:6ftAge:32
Stretching my legs everyday
I’m exposing scammer limb lengthening clinics in my Twitter account.
https://x.com/charizard780

MensaNR

• Visitor
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2022, 09:30:50 PM »

According to "Height and Intelligence' wiki, the conclusion was there was a connection but weak so that you couldn't make any assumptions with it and speaking of which I am about to take Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale on 7/13 lol.

ilovescience

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2022, 05:15:12 AM »

Intelligence or knowledge, not sure if they are the same meaning.

It comes from the experience you had in this world, not how tall you are.

Just like learning different languages. The more time you learn it, the better you know how to speak.

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2023, 07:37:46 PM »

I heard height and intelligence are relevant, and I also heard some researches have proven there are some height genes that can determine intelligences or some intelligence genes that can determine intelligences therefore tall guys have more intelligences than short guys.

I googled 'height and intelligence' and I can't see other results than the ones saying they are just relevant, not cause-and-effect.

If this post is offensive I am sorry. I am just asking question, not to put down any short guy deliberately since I am a short guy.

I found the research that may be the one that I am referring to above:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3617178/

But srsly, I don't give any credibility on this kind of IQ tests like the wide range thinggy or else. I don't think any IQ tests that are not done right after birth and 100% detailed(namely can 100% examine the brain functions and have 100% precisions of examining the brain working processes) can speak volumes(even twins can have different life experiences, educations, etc.)

Perhaps if it’s related to being attractive; good looking peeps can secure more resources and afford better conditions to educate themselves and take better care of their bodies which in turns improves their ability to compute / think. Makes sense. But these environments can be created for organisms that aren’t like this as well. It’s possible to win the lottery; for example. So I can’t say these trends should be imply the projection is true.

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2023, 06:49:46 PM »

Perhaps if it’s related to being attractive; good looking peeps can secure more resources and afford better conditions to educate themselves and take better care of their bodies which in turns improves their ability to compute / think. Makes sense. But these environments can be created for organisms that aren’t like this as well. It’s possible to win the lottery; for example. So I can’t say these trends should be imply the projection is true.
I googled the researches about the relation btween height and intelligence.

Well IQ tests are not that nonsensical as common people think, as long as you are talking about the bs online tests like KnowmyIQ.com. Good IQ tests are validated heavily by psychometric researches. It will be a big digression if I go further.

Back to the relation between them, the reason why there is a positive relation is that, there is something called 'assortative mating', whose notion is that, a tall male is more likely to be able to intercourse with a smart female or a tall female and vice versa, but the correlation is very low(0.2 or so) so that it should not be used to claim short people are necessarily dumb or tall people are definitely smart.

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2023, 01:36:44 PM »

but the correlation is very low(0.2 or so) so that it should not be used to claim short people are necessarily dumb or tall people are definitely smart.

Indeed. All the peeps living at IAS (where some of the smartest people work and congregate to develop weapons of mass destruction) definitely aren't giants. In fact; many of them are quite short (like Juven Wang; who I know IRL) http://www.sns.ias.edu/~juven/

When it comes to the survival of a given species I can't say height is more important than ones ability to develop novel weapons systems.

Professor Einstein was only 175 cm. Professor Kitten (kitten@ias.edu) is taller than most but not stratospheric by any means. Terry Tao is 164cm https://www.ias.edu/scholars/terence-tao

These are literally the smartest people alive. Working at theoretical labs that will eventually directly influence public policy in major ways much like the bomb did back in WWII. Even at the Nazi regime many weapons designers were highly ranked (even the slavs working as Nazi's) and could pretty much reproduce with whoever they chose to at war time.

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up