Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Übermensch - Internal femurs - Dr Guichet 2014  (Read 20915 times)

Übermensch

Re: Übermensch - Internal femurs - Dr Guichet 2014
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2014, 02:41:50 AM »

hi guys!
its 4:00 am in Milano.. this diary may have a slight negative outlook on limb lengthening, simply by the fact that i always write when i'm having a bad night.. this is just the case right now, although the nights since my last post were not so bad..
the reason i'm not sleeping is because i'm having a lot of pain in my left leg and the paracetamol is not working as usual.. i don't know how to explain the origin of this pain.. the left leg always had less flexibility and was easier to click... but from my last post it has became progressively harder to click.. nowadays it is actually more painful than my right leg that on contrary has become easier to click since my last post and now its painless although the movement is very ample..
the first moment i felt my left leg special painful was on the last weekend when i made some exercises of raising my left leg while standing on the side.. it became special sensitive to small touches.. like, in the weekend i was walking on crunches and because my legs are getting wider i accidentally hit the left crunch with my left leg and it was special painful.. today i received the reimbursement from the hospital and it was bigger than i expected..  i made a deposit of 4,5k eur for the operation, and they reimburse me 6,5eur so the surgery ended up costing me 42k eur instead of the 44k eur.. so i and Caribe decided to go to the restaurant for lunch to commemorate.. the stay in the restaurant was long and it was not good for my left leg.. when we came back, my left leg was in even worst condition.. then we had training with Serge in the afternoon.. my leg was hurting, it was raining a lot, so i was having second thoughts about training today.. but in the end i decided to go training.. in the training Serge wanted me to go to the elliptical machine like all the patients were doing.. i tried to get up in the machine but i got a special high pain on the left leg and a accidental click (the first accidental click since at least a week..) so i gave up.. Serge was skeptical about my pain but i manage to convince him that it was serious pain.. i just relaxed the rest of the session and didn't do anymore exercise..
Dr. Guichet stopped by at the gym with a new patient not operated yet and offered us a beer (???) after the training.. :)
i'm at 4,1 cm right now.. the new patient told me he was a few mm above 170..  i was noticeably taller that him.. :) i'm theoretically 171,1 cm tall right now..
whats concerning me now is that at any point from now i will probably need to reduce my clicking rate from 15 clicks a day to 12 clicks a day.. Caribe had a nerve compressed during the weekend because of the clicking and he started feeling the skin of the tibia a little strange.. a few clicking sessions after he started feeling pain on the thigh on the area were the nerve passes to go to the tibia.. he contacted Dr. Guichet and he was advised to start clicking only at 12 clicks a day.. so he is clicking at this new rate since Sunday.. and the pain has eased as a result..  i started also in the weekend feeling the strange sensation in the skin of the tibia.. fortunately it has not yet evolved to pain in the thigh.. so i'm still clicking at 15 clicks a day.. hopefully i will be able to click at 15 clicks a day for a few more days..

Of course there are bumps in the process but dude!  You are 3.6cm taller! ;D
You must see a difference when you stand up?  Must feel cool!

hi G-Man!
there are bumps in the process every day.. when you think you are a little better another problem shows up just to remind you that limb lengthening is one of the hardest things you can possibly do!!
for me now is still hard to see the difference.. the person with which i spend all day is also growing at exactly the same rate! :)
but i was impressed today about feeling taller than a guy of 170! :)

Dr Guichet is not answering my e-mails, since Saturday the 12th of July (i re-send it two days ago, just in case) I am wondering if he is doing like a picking-and-choosing thing among all the letters he continuously receives from all over the world: if this is the case, I would opt for dr Betz in the end.

hi antoky!
Dr. Guichet manages everything on his own.. he does not have a secretary in Milano.. this is not good as we notice that he sometimes forget about emails we already sent and ask us for the same exames several times even after we send him in the first time.. i think he has a lot of patients to manage at the same time.. so you should definitely send him a new email..
i also thought of him of a picker and chooser in the beginning but now looking at his patients i think he accepts most of people, but of course he will demand physical preparation..
about your choice i make my contribution by writing this diary.. now its your choice.. :)~

well because of this time in the computer or because of paracetamol i took before starting writing , my leg stopped hurting and i will try to sleep now! :)

G-Man

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2014, 02:56:29 AM »

Good nite! ;)

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2014, 03:05:19 AM »

Hey congratulations on passing the 4cm mark.  I'm glad writing in your diary here helps to relieve the pain! :D

antoky

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2014, 09:40:09 AM »

Übermensch,  thank you very much indeed for your update and for the advice about a re-send of my e-mail to G (which I took immediately).

The 15tg of June, I competed in a fitness model show and I placed second (my first show, thanks to Guichet! And to the stimulus he provides to improve on our conditioning).

So I hope he would answer me: Betz is good as well, but what scares me about him is the high rate of screw breaking with him...:(

Be strong and compliments on being already well over 5.7!
"Be the change you want to see in the world" (Gandhi)

G-Man

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2014, 03:18:23 PM »

Have you tried calling the clinic?  Maybe they'll take a call more seriously than one e-mail among hundreds!

jerry

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2014, 05:55:53 PM »

antoky, try Dr Guichet personal email. 
jeanmarcguichet@gmail.com

antoky

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2014, 11:00:58 AM »

Thank you, Jerry: yesterday at 23.00, Guichet answered me, with his attitude of "the professor so fully busy" :)...he told me he is caring about his patients in order of "urgency" and that he is going to operate for 36 hours till the end of this week (so many LLers over there!!!)...He will answer my e-mail properly when he will be less busy.

Thanks for his e-mail anyway!

ShyShy

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2014, 12:26:12 PM »

[...]the left leg always had less flexibility and was easier to click... but from my last post it has became progressively harder to click.. nowadays it is actually more painful than my right leg that on contrary has become easier to click since my last post and now its painless although the movement is very ample..
[...]today i received the reimbursement from the hospital and it was bigger than i expected..  i made a deposit of 4,5k eur for the operation, and they reimburse me 6,5eur so the surgery ended up costing me 42k eur instead of the 44k eur.. so i and Caribe decided to go to the restaurant for lunch to commemorate.. [...]the stay in the restaurant was long and it was not good for my left leg.. [...]
whats concerning me now is that at any point from now i will probably need to reduce my clicking rate from 15 clicks a day to 12 clicks a day.. [...]
[...] there are bumps in the process every day.. when you think you are a little better another problem shows up just to remind you that limb lengthening is one of the hardest things you can possibly do!!
[...] i'm theoretically 171,1 cm tall right now.. [...] for me now is still hard to see the difference..
- For some reasons, i experienced the exact same scheme. easy on left n harder on right at the beginning, exact opposite after 1 month. Nothing to worry about, the first click is always a bit harder since u have to find the most confortable position.
- Was a good day too when i got back some money from clinic^^
- Sitting position is no good as u know, just avoid it as much as u can.
- don't think about the rythm u r lengthening, think about ur forthcoming recovery. I made my 7,5 in 74 days ending with a rythm of 10 clicks/day with the results u know. It's very good thing to slowly lower the rythm of clicks so u don't lose too much flexibility, your soft issues can adapt n u'll be able to get rid off your crutches very fastly.
- These r so minor things lol   U do realize that til now u r still complication free?
- Try the subway 1 day, that's a good challenge!!! u'll meet tons of people, that might give u roughly an idea of ur actual height  :D
From ~168 to ~175,5
6 months post-surgery, sprint, jump and squat

Plzen

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2014, 01:54:29 PM »

Great diary,
Question for Ubermensch and Shyshy,
If I decide to have surgery with Dr. Guichet, is it better to come for consultation and surgery at the same time (all one visit). I live in the US. How far in advance did you guys schedule your surgery dates.
Thanks

Übermensch

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2014, 03:15:07 AM »

hi guys!
sorry for not posting for a while.. i could blame the intense schedule of training/phisioterapy, or the logistics required to attend all the training's.. (every limb lenghtener currently in Milan complains about the same.. "if only there was a guesthouse and a collective mean of transportation to the training.. this would be so much easy and cheap..").. but the true is that i'm not even going to all the trainings.. the true is that i'm not posting because i lost some motivation and i'm a little bit down on the psychological game..
physically and psychologically i'm not better since last post.. between new pains and old pains, i feel broken.. i just wonder how it would have been if i wasn't with Caribe on this journey.. i though that the mental game was my best strength but now i think i was really lucky in having Caribe sharing the flat with me..
i mean i don't regret yet doing this surgery.. and i think i will not regret unless i have a very bad complication in the future.. i'm at 4,9 cm right now, still clicking at 15 clicks a day.. even if i stop right now, i would be already satisfied and it would already make a big difference to me..
the problem is my expectations about this surgery versus the reality.. and the expectation of how i would react to this situation versus the reality of how i'm reacting to this situation..
for instance, i thought that around 5 cm i would be without pain and only with minor stretching issues, i would be walking to the isokinetic and taking the metro to train with Serge, and i would be feeling good, sleeping good, clicking easy, spending some time reading, seeing movies, etc..
the reality is that i still have pain on my left leg on some movements, i can't walk with my legs straighten right now, and i feel uncomfortable trying to sleep with my legs strengthen, i feel very tiered every time i walk, and if i walk very much i feel pain in my chest afterwards, and i stay the rest of the day very uncomfortable with my legs, i only took the subway once and i regret it because i walked a lot and got the symptoms i described for waking a lot (very uncomfortable on the legs and with pain in the chest for the rest of the day), i'm spending so much money on taxis.. :( .. when i get in bed, i don't feel like doing nothing of useful, just waist time on youtube and facebook to try to ignore the unconfort of  stretching the legs on the bed.. clicking is getting really painful on my left leg (level 6 out of 10).. i wonder if i have again pre-consolidation.. last time i had it, it was on my right leg.. and i was only at a couple of cm into my lengthening.. i can click but it takes a long time and its getting harder every time.. i will raise the issue to Dr. Guichet in the next consultation or before if i stop being able to click on my own..
i was unsure about the date i would leave back to my country.. but this week i decided to bought a ticket back to my home country for mid second half of August..i will not be done with clicking by then.. but Caribe is leaving on mid August and i don't think i can stay with a healthy mind for a long time after Caribe  leave, so i will leave a week after.. i will stay with my parents.. i will finally explain them the real reason of my stay in milano, and make them promise not to tell anybody..
Caribe is a little better, he can stretch is legs without problem, but if he walks a lot, he gets a very acute pain in his tibia, probably a nerve to much stretched.. he still clicks easily.. but mentally he is not so good also.. he is counting the days he goes back to his country, he was suppose to do dishes while i cook, but he just gave up on doing that.. now he just hires a cleaning lady every 2 days to do the dishes..
regarding other complications.. the thing i notice is that i lost sensibility on my heals.. but i don't know if it is because of the stretching of the lengthening or is because of staying in bed so much time with heals sunk on the mattress.. it painless and does not bother me so i din't mention it yet to Dr. Guichet..
Caribe had some more serious issue, he got an infection on one of his scars.. he was leaving is scars without dressing and putting only superglue on them.. it turn out not a good idea.. he then bought some oral antibiotics even against Dr. Guichet recommendation and cleaned the scar and dressed it.. i think it is now ok because he didn't complain about it anymore..
i want to share with you guys my latest x-rays.. see bellow in attachment.. they were taken 2 days ago.. i was suppose to be at 4,7cm but i measure around 4,5 cm (considering the nail is 1,3cm..)

Thank you, Jerry: yesterday at 23.00, Guichet answered me, with his attitude of "the professor so fully busy" :)...he told me he is caring about his patients in order of "urgency" and that he is going to operate for 36 hours till the end of this week (so many LLers over there!!!)...He will answer my e-mail properly when he will be less busy.

Thanks for his e-mail anyway!

hi antoky..
great that you get an answer.. i hope i start seeing more people in the training's.. until know, in the gym and isokinetic we are always the same 3 patients.. me, Caribe, and the guy the took us out of the hospital after surgery.. maybe there is people training with different schedules.. i meet some patients that i never saw after in training..  next time the first thing i will do is get their phone number and don't trust i will see them again..

- For some reasons, i experienced the exact same scheme. easy on left n harder on right at the beginning, exact opposite after 1 month. Nothing to worry about, the first click is always a bit harder since u have to find the most confortable position.
- Was a good day too when i got back some money from clinic^^
- Sitting position is no good as u know, just avoid it as much as u can.
- don't think about the rythm u r lengthening, think about ur forthcoming recovery. I made my 7,5 in 74 days ending with a rythm of 10 clicks/day with the results u know. It's very good thing to slowly lower the rythm of clicks so u don't lose too much flexibility, your soft issues can adapt n u'll be able to get rid off your crutches very fastly.
- These r so minor things lol   U do realize that til now u r still complication free?
- Try the subway 1 day, that's a good challenge!!! u'll meet tons of people, that might give u roughly an idea of ur actual height  :D

hi ShyShy!
its a honor to have you posting o my diary!! :) you where one of the inspirations to my journey.. but now i understand that you were really more prepared and probably much more strict on the training because your journey seamed uncomparably more easy that mine has been until now.. thank you for your comments and advice.. i think i will ask Dr. Guichet to reduce my clicking when i go back to my home country because i want to be better by then, i don't want my parents to see the mess i am right now.. anyway, it is still a long time to go, so lets see how i feel close to the date of traveling.. yes.. i'm complication free, and i should be happy for that.. i will try to concentrate o that and maybe my mood will get better..  :) ..
as i wrote above, the subway challenge didn't went so good.. but i didn't gave up on it.. i will try again.. maybe its a matter of getting used to it and the next time the unconfort and the pain will last less..

Great diary,
Question for Ubermensch and Shyshy,
If I decide to have surgery with Dr. Guichet, is it better to come for consultation and surgery at the same time (all one visit). I live in the US. How far in advance did you guys schedule your surgery dates.
Thanks

hi Plzen!
i had a consultation on February this year.. and went back to my home country for training.. then i travel to milan in june to train for 1 month in the isokinetic because the training in my home country was not good enough according to Dr. Guichet .. Dr. Guichet schedule my surgery some days before i leave to milan for traiining in the isokinetic.. so it was around 1 month before
there is people like Caribe that trained at home and went directly to surgery without having had a consultation before, only email contacts .. but he is also only doing 6 cm.. he schedule the surgery in the same date as i did.. he came to milan 3 days before surgery.. but it was very stressful 3 days.. i had already rented the flat, but he had a lot of exams to do before surgery and lots of things to solve, but he manage to do everything with my help..
good luck if you decide to go ahead with the surgery! :)

antoky

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2014, 11:18:00 AM »

Übermensch,

thanks for your update: try to see and figure yourself as a man doing something the average man will never dare to do...or as building a new quality level in your personal existence...or as doing something which only in this actual technologic time is possible and that many great men of the past would have undergo too if only the excellence of life would have been as high as ours today...
So stick to the program Guichet gave you, since this hard discipline would re-pay you for sure: discipline IS the way...the only tool any sage man can make use of to improve on his days.

Be strong and wise, my friend!

Plzen

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2014, 05:45:36 PM »

Ubermensch,
Everyone's body is different, you may be one of the unlucky ones whose body is not tolerating LL as good as you hoped. You are not alone. You have to realize, that most of us on this forum are unlucky in regards to our height.  You are almost 2 inches taller, which is very good by itself. But a little more height will be even better if done correctly under your doctor's care. So you have no reason to lose motivation in this stage.
I am concerned about your heel issue, you should contact Dr. Guichet sooner instead of waiting for your consultation date.
What are you getting for pain?
How is sleep, do you sleep on your back?
Do you have knee bend, wide legs when walking? Any other major issues with your flexibility?

programdude

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2014, 12:37:49 AM »

Stay strong and HUNGRY for what you want. You are much closer to your goal than I am, and already on the road to it which 99 percent of people who consider this will never be. Take what you want and make it yours- stay strong man.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

cavani

• Visitor
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2014, 11:47:35 AM »

Übermensch, you are doing very well. Remember you gained 5cm already. The pain and discomfort is temporary. Stay strong!

ShyShy

« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2014, 09:22:22 AM »

Soon, when all this stuff will be over. U'll remember your all-life u did sthg unbelievable!

LLers r kinda crazy anyway...                              but it is worse it  ;D  ;D  ;D
From ~168 to ~175,5
6 months post-surgery, sprint, jump and squat

antoky

« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2014, 06:56:26 AM »

How are you doing?

We hope all is going good even if you are not updating your journey since a lot.

Cheers.

antoky

« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2014, 12:01:29 PM »

Übermensch,

are you still in Milan? I am to meet Guichet in a week, the 19th, but he doesn't know where to make his visits yet.

I hope to hear from you (as many of us, I think...)...how ARE you now ? :)

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2014, 02:48:47 PM »

Hope you fine.
Any update please
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up