Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 165 to +8/+13cm  (Read 1509 times)

oklama

165 to +8/+13cm
« on: July 02, 2022, 01:25:58 AM »

https://imgur.com/a/yW6RlVR

don't think these look promising.  left is 8cm femurs, middle is 8 and 5, and right is unaltered. Originally I was seeking to do 15cm because 5'11 is the number that I'd be happy with but I don't think I can get there proportions wise. Hope i'm wrong but I don't think these look good.

wingspan is 5'7 maybe a bit below 5'8. height 165, 166.5 in morning. Arm length not a big concern to me more my torso to height ratio which looks bad.

Confused as to how I look so bad when any CLL patient I've seen looks fine, with the exception of this guy https://www.instagram.com/p/CPUgdiSH9Cr/ whose arms are way too short. Maybe im doing my mockup wrong.

Additional question, would it be better to be 5'5 with normal proportion or 5'10 with long ass legs? Should this even really be a concern? I wear medium size shirts which I assumed are designed for people 5'8-5'11 so I wonder if that would hide my long legs by making my torso appear longer. Maybe im just being hyper-critical towards myself so I want to know other's opinions.

anyway let me know what you think.
19 yrs old
goal: 173 (8cm)
looking at giotikas or becker
maybe will get to 180cm eventually

ilovescience

Re: 165 to +8/+13cm
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2022, 02:23:19 AM »

don't think these look promising.  left is 8cm femurs, middle is 8 and 5, and right is unaltered. Originally I was seeking to do 15cm because 5'11 is the number that I'd be happy with but I don't think I can get there proportions wise. Hope i'm wrong but I don't think these look good.

wingspan is 5'7 maybe a bit below 5'8. height 165, 166.5 in morning. Arm length not a big concern to me more my torso to height ratio which looks bad.

Confused as to how I look so bad when any CLL patient I've seen looks fine, with the exception of this guy https://www.instagram.com/p/CPUgdiSH9Cr/ whose arms are way too short. Maybe im doing my mockup wrong.

Additional question, would it be better to be 5'5 with normal proportion or 5'10 with long ass legs? Should this even really be a concern? I wear medium size shirts which I assumed are designed for people 5'8-5'11 so I wonder if that would hide my long legs by making my torso appear longer. Maybe im just being hyper-critical towards myself so I want to know other's opinions.

Are you from the West?

166.5 isn't short. But being 180 tall is a goal to many people.

oklama

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2022, 02:39:21 AM »

Yes im from USA. 165 is pretty short, its not super unusually short, but still short. To get to a range of normal id say 170cm+ is a more normal height in the USA. Where I live is also taller than the average of the country so im the smallest male most places. Also being of euro descent your expected to be at the very least 5'7. If I was asain or Mexican it would be more normal to be my height
19 yrs old
goal: 173 (8cm)
looking at giotikas or becker
maybe will get to 180cm eventually

we.live.once

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2022, 06:29:09 AM »

Are you from the West?

166.5 isn't short. But being 180 tall is a goal to many people.

with longer tibia looks better
from 185 to 190

marcjero

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2022, 11:17:08 PM »

I woould says that socks makes think that tibia are shorter than they really are. Looks like your tibias are actually quite long so I would prefer number 1 and maybe no need to go to 8 cm, 6 or 7 could be ok.

Sambollio

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2022, 01:59:23 AM »

I think the 8cm looks weird not because of your torso but because they look twice the length of your tibias. The 8+5 cm actually looks better because it just looks like you have long legs. As someone commented already maybe this is an illusion caused by your socks “shrinking” your tibias.

ilovescience

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2022, 03:57:13 AM »

with longer tibia looks better

Taller people usually have longer legs.

Tallshortguy96

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2022, 03:14:10 PM »

I also worry about wingspan because mine is short but the guy already had short arms at 5'9 too. I believe if he wears shorter t-shirts it would still make a diffrence, your arms should look longer then your torso but yeah short arms is a disadvantage in any height but there are a lot of guys with short arms so I dont think it will matter if you dress nice. Legs-torso proportions are more important in my opinion, I have seen some guys who did too much lenthening who already were skinny and long legs to begin with which made them look very weird. But some guys with short arms and long legs looked good because they were fit and their torso were long and wide enough.

Dirona

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2022, 06:06:52 AM »

Yes im from USA. 165 is pretty short, its not super unusually short, but still short. To get to a range of normal id say 170cm+ is a more normal height in the USA. Where I live is also taller than the average of the country so im the smallest male most places. Also being of euro descent your expected to be at the very least 5'7. If I was asain or Mexican it would be more normal to be my height

I am in the US as well and I am just an inch taller than you at 5`6 and I can tell you that across ethnicities, it is an issue.. Yes, folks from Europe are genetically taller and SE Asians are genetically shorter..But the way society perceives you will kind of remain the same(in terms of dating, career and whatever effects of height are)..
Taking it easy
Pages: [1]   Go Up