Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Height Categories  (Read 2017 times)

Sambollio

Height Categories
« on: July 27, 2022, 12:12:16 AM »

I’m curious what heights you would say are “short”, “tall” or any other subcategories like “very tall” based on the heights in your country. Feel free to use imperial or metric system.

For the US I’d say:
Extremely short (without dwarfism): 5,2” or less.
Very short: 5’3 to 5’4
Short: 5’5 to 5’6
Below average: 5’7 to 5’8.5
Average: 5’9 to 5’10.5
Above average: 5’11
Beginning of “tall” or “kinda tall”: 6’0
Tall: 6’1 to 6’3
Very tall: 6’4 to 6’6
Extremely tall: 6’7 to 6’9
Freakishly tall: 6’10 or above

For these heights I kept in mind that nearly every single guy on planet earth is exaggerates their height even if they are tall. The classic example is 5’11 guys saying 6 foot and then actual 6 foot guys don’t want to be in the same group as the 5’11ers so they say 6’1. So this is based on true height. This is also why 5’11 and 6’ have their own categories, that single inch difference carries the most weight of any other.

I’d love to hear your thoughts, if you agree or disagree, differences based on country or even what the ideal height is.

ilovescience

Re: Height Categories
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2022, 12:55:55 AM »

Would morning height be considered official height based on the standard? Ir ut has to be height at night?

Oil and Fish

• tytytytt6t6
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2022, 07:47:32 AM »

As a hobbist of science I can tell you height categories don't go that way.
Within one standard deviation of average height, and in Western countries one standard ususally ranges from 6.5cm to 6.8cm except 7cm in USA you are pretty normal, beyond one standard you will feel siginifcant differences from average and beyond 2 standard deviations your height will nearly be at top or at bottom of the height rank.
Theodosis Prousalis

ilovescience

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2022, 08:32:09 AM »

Within one standard deviation of average height, and in Western countries one standard ususally ranges from 6.5cm to 6.8cm except 7cm in USA you are pretty normal, beyond one standard you will feel siginifcant differences from average and beyond 2 standard deviations your height will nearly be at top or at bottom of the height rank.

for example, USA average height is 175! 168 to 182 would be within one standard deviation. is that correct?

Mrtall123

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2022, 10:33:26 AM »

3x s.d's checkin in here!

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2023, 07:35:01 PM »

nearly every single guy on planet earth is exaggerates their height even if they are tall

Not me. Because these things are easily modifiable with surgical intervention I see no reason to lie because if one really cared; they could go to the absolute extremes.

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up