Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Korean LLer youtube blog - Q&A  (Read 915 times)

JJ299

Korean LLer youtube blog - Q&A
« on: July 28, 2022, 03:47:02 AM »

There is a pretty popular Korean LLer that tells his experience and the surgery itself. He recently made a QnA:

He went trending after this short:

Basic info about him: 36 yrs old/161.2cm pre surgery/7 month post op

I am just going to give a brief summary to his Question and answer:

1. Q: Which Doctor did you go to?
A: According to Korean law it's illegal to tell the place where you got surgery done so he can't reveal that; however, if you look at his past forum blogs you can tell he got it from Dr. Dong Hoon Lee. He also has an account active in Dr. Lee's personal forum so it's obvious.

2. Q: What's your current height?
A: My height before was 161.2 cm and I extended 7.4 cm which makes me 168.6 cm, so I am still considered below average. I also had LON in my tibia.

3. Q: Which equipment do you use? Is it a brand?
A: I got a no name brand and found it in the first page of Naver ( Korean google ).

4. Q: How much was your surgery?
A: It was around $40,000~, but you should save an extra $10,000 in order to accomodate an emergency, extra food, equipment, and etc.

5 Q: Do you think Quad lengthening will lead to complications? Will you keep the rods inside your bones?
A: IMO it won't be a problem with a competent Doctor, but I haven't done it so I can't tell you that. I will take off the internal rods after 1 year.

6. Q: Do you still exercise? How about sports?
A: Yes, I can lift weights and jog; however, I can't run comfortably as it causes pain in the tibias due to the rod. Same for sports, I probably can play soccer right now but I don't want to risk it until the rods come off. To note this might differ by people since one of the patients that I met can play basketball pretty regularly without pain or any weird sensations. Overall I can do daily exercise and tasks without much problem.

7. Q: What does walking feel like after surgery?
A: Kind of like how you walk for 2 hours and feel a tightness in your leg. This sensation comes faster than usual after surgery, but it's getting better as time passes so I guess it's just the flow of recovery.

8. Q: Are you satisfied?
A: Like I mentioned in my previous video, I am extremely satisfied with my outcome. 1) I got taller 2) I am proud that I managed to overcome the surgery and the grueling post-op PT.

9. Q: Can you show us your scars?
A: I can't not because I am embarassed or want to hide myself from the public, but because other LLers messaged me privately to not show it since it will reveal to other people how a LON tibia leg might look like ( basically doesn't want to expose other LLers).

10. Q: How come you couldn't just overcome your height dysphoria? There are plenty way of overcoming it.
A: - short/summarized answer - : I believe height dysphoria can be treated internally; however, externally it can't be treated since people will still treat me as that 161cm guy so the stress of that will still be there. I also wanted to hug my girlfriend and not feel embarassed or out of place.

ilovescience

Re: Korean LLer youtube blog - Q&A
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2022, 04:03:40 AM »

Thanks for sharing, Korean men are usually very tall, their average is around 174-175. Almost the same as American. It seems he enjoys the outcome of surgery.

Unknown

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2022, 05:41:44 AM »

Who is his doctor?

JJ299

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2022, 01:13:51 PM »

Who is his doctor?

Bro I literally answered that in Question 1.

JJ299

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2022, 01:26:54 PM »

Thanks for sharing, Korean men are usually very tall, their average is around 174-175. Almost the same as American. It seems he enjoys the outcome of surgery.

Yes, Northern Chinense/Koreans are genetically taller ( 5-10 cm on average ) compared to their Asian counterparts due to the environment, migration, and calorie consumption.

It's a good thing the guy was handsome because being 160cm will give you an extremely hard time here in Korea where status and outer appearance is everything.

ilovescience

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2022, 01:40:56 PM »

Yes, Northern Chinense/Koreans are genetically taller ( 5-10 cm on average ) compared to their Asian counterparts due to the environment, migration, and calorie consumption.

It's a good thing the guy was handsome because being 160cm will give you an extremely hard time here in Korea where status and outer appearance is everything.

Taiwanese people are very tall too! Korean, Northern Chinese and Taiwanese are probably the tallest in Asia.

Tallshortguy96

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2022, 08:31:57 PM »

Are the scars really that bad? and dont they recover after a year or 2 ?

JJ299

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2022, 10:50:07 PM »

Are the scars really that bad? and dont they recover after a year or 2 ?

If you mean the scars he showed in the pictures that's not a LON scar but a random picture of someone with leg scars. He just used that picture as a reference saying that LON scars are pretty stnadard and that someone that know limb lengthening probably can figure out that you had one done as well. He didn't want to show his own because other LLers messaged him privately not to expose any scar details. He also said in the video the scars are healing nicely and probably won't be too noticeable by next year.

boklecrt

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2022, 01:02:04 AM »

interesting how donghoon allowed him such a big amount compared to his starting femur length, probably his tibias are longer than his femurs now

also no 36 year old man should be dancing like some 13 yo tiktok phag
5 cm gained through LON Tibia with Quynh in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
March 2022
SLAYER

JJ299

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2022, 02:20:37 PM »

interesting how donghoon allowed him such a big amount compared to his starting femur length, probably his tibias are longer than his femurs now

also no 36 year old man should be dancing like some 13 yo tiktok phag

Dr. Lee follows the 15% rule for safe lengthening and his recommended max is 20%. I am guessing the guy probably had a pretty long tibia to start and seeing how smoothly his recovery went I think Dr. Lee proves his reputation.

Oil and Fish

• tytytytt6t6
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2022, 07:44:39 AM »

I came acorss that guy on youtube several months ago and he looks handsome but ruined because of his short stature.
Theodosis Prousalis

ilovescience

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2022, 08:44:03 AM »

I came acorss that guy on youtube several months ago and he looks handsome but ruined because of his short stature.

Short stature?? You meant height or proportion?

By the way, welcome to the forum. This is your first post!?
Pages: [1]   Go Up