Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lengthening both tibia and femur questions  (Read 2939 times)

zephyr30

• Visitor
Lengthening both tibia and femur questions
« on: June 29, 2014, 01:17:24 AM »

Hello, friends, I have some questions regarding the lengthening of both bones of the two legs at the same. I am planing on doing the procedure next year so many doubts have arisen

1- people usually do both legs and bones at the same time? it would make the recovery period much shorter!

2- i plan to lengthen each bone around 2.5 or 2.6 cm. How long do you think the recovery time would take? i am some sort of an athlete, my bones and calcium rates are great, I take food pills and eat very well, and I am 24 years old. will be 25 by the time of the surgery

3- how is it like to maintain a good hygiene? Like taking showers and going to the toilet?

GeTs

Re: Lengthening both tibia and femur questions
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 06:59:35 AM »

You risk too much for nothing, just do 5cm on one segment and then after u ve recovered do the other segment, even the most expierenced doctors don't do it because of it risks

zephyr30

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 03:26:27 PM »

I understand. the problem is, of course, the recovery time.

it would take around 200 days to lengthen the upper segment 5cm, is my math correct?

GeTs

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 06:26:45 PM »

That is the last of problems when doing bilateral lengthening

SpiderProwler

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 07:31:05 PM »

You risk too much for nothing, just do 5cm on one segment and then after u ve recovered do the other segment, even the most expierenced doctors don't do it because of it risks

Incorrect, Paley does quadrilateral lengthening, usually separated by a couple weeks. I believe the short-term risks are greater (embolism), but the long-term risks (arthritis) are less because less lengthening is done per segment.

GeTs

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 08:50:15 PM »

Incorrect, Paley does quadrilateral lengthening, usually separated by a couple weeks. I believe the short-term risks are greater (embolism), but the long-term risks (arthritis) are less because less lengthening is done per segment.
he never does it at the same time even though he says its possible, he avoids doing it..the OT seems way too excited and doesn't realize the risks of doing bilateral LL, he even thinks he will be able to take a shower with 4 bones broken

Blackhawk

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 09:04:02 PM »

Sweatpants did quadrilateral lengthening with Paley.  She has a diary here but I don't think she has updated in awhile.
Pages: [1]   Go Up