Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LL while on TRT?  (Read 547 times)

jay89

• Visitor
LL while on TRT?
« on: September 07, 2022, 04:49:58 AM »

So over the past 12 months I have been preparing for a future LL procedure (Quit smoking/quit drinking/stretching etc) I got on TRT (Testosterone therapy) a while back I am on a low dose of 200mg per week. will this cause any complications during LL surgery and recovery? can I continue my therapy during the procedure or must I stop it completely?

Thanks

leonazul99

Re: LL while on TRT?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2022, 12:25:54 AM »

based on research I did in the past testosterone promotes bone growth.  But ask your doc.

Sambollio

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2022, 11:07:32 PM »

I’m a pre med student who also has a long running interest in hormones for at least 4 years so I think I have some good insight into this topic. Firstly, 200mg is twice the standard trt dose. Even the standard 100 mg will increase blood red cell count which increases recovery through nutrient delivery but also increases the risk of things like blood clots. You taking double this amount is a bit scary given that you are undergoing a surgery that will also increase the risk of issues like clotting. Have you gotten your blood work checked? Is your hematocrit in range ? Is this dose putting your testosterone in range? Or are you taking a dose to be supra-physiological? If your blood cell count is high and your test is above the reference range I’d d lower your dose to a more conservative one at least 4 months out and donate blood a couple weeks prior. On the bright side natural test would drop dramatically during the recovery but since you are modulating it manually it won’t budge. This can increase healing and keep your energy up for PT and daily tasks. The main takeaway is this: get your bloodwork! If it’s not in range adjust your dose!

jay89

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2022, 12:56:33 AM »

ok good points.. I will drop it down to 125 a week and yeah I do plan on getting blood work done soon.. any opinion on HGH (Like 2-4ig a day) + low dose maybe like 60mg of test e a week while doing LL? would this possibly help with recovery?

1team

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2022, 01:03:12 AM »

Is this trt through a doctor or are you sourcing it yourself?

jay89

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2022, 03:51:38 AM »

Myself I live in Australia so expensive and slow to get anything done clinically. But I don't abuse it and have very few side effects.

rafi2296

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2022, 08:58:12 PM »

ok good points.. I will drop it down to 125 a week and yeah I do plan on getting blood work done soon.. any opinion on HGH (Like 2-4ig a day) + low dose maybe like 60mg of test e a week while doing LL? would this possibly help with recovery?

HGH is good for recovery and injuries. Should be beneficial in  LL

Sambollio

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2022, 11:17:45 PM »

Well with LL recovery the aim should be to be regenerating bone in tandem with lengthening to where you recover as much as possible without pre consolidation. There are plenty of people who do this perfectly fine just with supplements like high quality calcium, magnesium, vitamin D+K, etc. My main worry is that administering GH at 3-4x replacement and taking the standard supplements will risk pre consolidation. For most healthy people and the standard supplements they consolidate fine. The only time I’d consider GH is after achieving full length.Also that’s a ton of money to drop for something that the vast majority of people won’t need. I think that money is better put towards a complication/ rod removal fund.
Pages: [1]   Go Up