Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vaping and lifts  (Read 1425 times)

SpeedDialer

Vaping and lifts
« on: October 24, 2022, 12:54:11 AM »

Alright so Dr. Paley said that in one time period he noticed alot of the patients that ended up in the intensive care unit/closer to death were vapers and now he has rules for how long they have to stop vaping before LL (or something like that? not sure)

Dunno, should we get out the word to forum people to stop vaping?

I feel like that + we should maybe warn people against elevator shoes with too high lifts (can be not great for your knees and therefore might not be good for LL later)

RealLostSoul

Re: Vaping and lifts
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2022, 12:40:06 PM »

No vaping and smoking before and during LL is a no brainer and everyone who does so needs to stay away from surgery until they stop.

I used high shoes and insoles a lot, almost never walked around barefoot, and I must say my calves did indeed feel shortened. Initially I had some struggles with some exercises and needed to do calf stretching even though I am femur LL. However, after a few weeks now my calves are good to go I don‘t need to stretch them anymore. So yea I think for tibia LL maybe you should stop a few months beforehand but I agree with Paley’s sentiment that the stretching is 99% during lengthening and not before. Rn I would say if I stretched before it would have maybe spared me a few sessions of calf stretching if anything (but not wearing high shoes would have done it better - however was impossible with my mental health)

junior006

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2022, 09:18:02 AM »

Increases risk of pulmonary fat embolism. None have died under Paley, but a few have come close.

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2023, 07:42:19 PM »

Alright so Dr. Paley said that in one time period he noticed alot of the patients that ended up in the intensive care unit/closer to death were vapers and now he has rules for how long they have to stop vaping before LL (or something like that? not sure)

Dunno, should we get out the word to forum people to stop vaping?

I feel like that + we should maybe warn people against elevator shoes with too high lifts (can be not great for your knees and therefore might not be good for LL later)

If you have the data please put it in. These might make an interesting series of case reports.

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up