Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Excluding LL, hair transplant, and scar removal, are you doing any other cosme  (Read 1597 times)

SpeedDialer

cosmetic operations?

I can't really think of anything else that would be useful for someone who is young and doesn't have very obvious facial flaws (like a big bump or something)

There's
femur LL
Tibia LL
Femur nail removal
Tibia nail removal
Scar removal (laser, skin colored tattoo, etc)
scar concealing tattoos w/ art/patterns/etc
Hair transplant (maybe worth it if you truly have enough donor supply. I don't think its worth it for alot of guys)
Micro scalp pigmentation (dark colored tattoo dots) to conceal the scar of the hair transplant/crown thinning

I think there is an argument to be made that the above would make alot of men look better

Although there are things like chin/neck liposuction or buccal(cheek) fat removal, I am not sure they are better than weight loss for like at least 80% of people. There are things like 6 pack etching surgery, but I don't really see the point of it unless someone has reached like 9-11% bodyfat and is very stable at that weight for years and just doesn't want to go through the diet unpleasantness/less enjoyable meals to get all the way down to 6% bodyfat just to get all year around abs

I just feel like after LL and hair transplant, weight loss beats almost every operation by a long shot for at least 80% of people --and so optimizing the diet/sleep/routines seems like the next biggest appearance improvement aside from getting clothes that fit your body well 

I know some dermatologists advertise armpit hair removal with laser, but I don't think most guys would care about that, it takes a few seconds to trim them down to a neat length if they are actually too long

I guess for some middle aged people, hair dye could be useful if they want to date younger people but I sort of think some people look better with salt and pepper/grey hair, something about it commands respect

I feel like maybe weight loss is best and then there isn't that much that can be done until someone gets older and then there is this world of facelifts, dyeing hair, wrinkle-related stuff, etc but I just don't know anything about that world or if its good or not

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

Pre-emptive face lift.  A foreign patient in Beijing with me brought this up in a similar conversation.  You get it when you're reasonably young so there isn't a bigger, more noticeable surgery later.

Veneers.  The 2nd most popular cosmetic procedure among that group.

Laser eye surgery was #1.

Penuma implant.  Despite a lot of complaints about this, the doctor who pioneered it has been in business for years with his medical license still valid, in the country with the highest medical standards in the world, so I don't think it's a guaranteed disaster.

A chin implant if you have a weak jawline.

That's all I can think of.

SpeedDialer

Pre-emptive face lift.  A foreign patient in Beijing with me brought this up in a similar conversation.  You get it when you're reasonably young so there isn't a bigger, more noticeable surgery later.

Oh... they got a face lift when young as soon as they got a small amount of sagging? To prevent a bigger face lift later that would look more drastic?

SpeedDialer

Yeah its interesting, I feel like I would be too afraid of a complication to do this until I got very very old (then if things go wrong, I don't have that much longer to live anyway). On the other hand, there is an argument someone gets more benefit from this surgery if they do it younger (more years to enjoy not having to put on glasses). People getting eye problems from it has freaked me out though, I don't mind my glasses that much

1team

Oh... they got a face lift when young as soon as they got a small amount of sagging? To prevent a bigger face lift later that would look more drastic?

Would this still be relevant with the prevalence of Botox now?

SpeedDialer

Penuma implant.  Despite a lot of complaints about this, the doctor who pioneered it has been in business for years with his medical license still valid, in the country with the highest medical standards in the world, so I don't think it's a guaranteed disaster.

A chin implant if you have a weak jawline.

That's all I can think of.

Pre-emptive face lift? so like.. they get a small face lift when they are like mid to late 30s to deal with some mild sagging and then get another face lift when they get older?

SpeedDialer

Ya I wonder. I do have slightly yellow-ish teeth that I haven't made much progress on with various toothpastes but I heard that veneers make it harder to feel the warmth/cool of certain foods so I never seriously considered veneers

I feel like after LL, the best thing I can do is try to figure out how to optimize my diet and sleep (decrease noise/light, make the bedroom slightly cold) to decrease my weight

Well I guess there is skincare, I don't know much about it except exfoliating (had better luck with konjac sponges than with creams, not sure if I should switch to creams) and moisturizing and sunscreen

Body Builder

I do botox since my 32 years and I really like the results. My face look at least 5 years less tham my age and the older I get the bigger the difference I have with men at the same age with me.
For now I am not thinking something else but I am not against for small cosmetic procedures like fillers etc if they are not extreme and make you loom younger for many years.

Ballerman

Its funny to see how this online dating stuff has put so much pressure on mens visual cues.
Well, if u wanna play the game then make sure u have enough money to looksmaxx lol
It used to be primarily women that would be getting upgrades.

Titan_24

• Visitor
  • Cosmetic limb lengthening

I'm getting a beard transplant sometime in the future. Other than that, maybe Buccal fat removal.
GJ

Dirona

cosmetic operations?

I can't really think of anything else that would be useful for someone who is young and doesn't have very obvious facial flaws (like a big bump or something)

There's
femur LL
Tibia LL
Femur nail removal
Tibia nail removal
Scar removal (laser, skin colored tattoo, etc)
scar concealing tattoos w/ art/patterns/etc
Hair transplant (maybe worth it if you truly have enough donor supply. I don't think its worth it for alot of guys)
Micro scalp pigmentation (dark colored tattoo dots) to conceal the scar of the hair transplant/crown thinning

I think there is an argument to be made that the above would make alot of men look better

Although there are things like chin/neck liposuction or buccal(cheek) fat removal, I am not sure they are better than weight loss for like at least 80% of people. There are things like 6 pack etching surgery, but I don't really see the point of it unless someone has reached like 9-11% bodyfat and is very stable at that weight for years and just doesn't want to go through the diet unpleasantness/less enjoyable meals to get all the way down to 6% bodyfat just to get all year around abs

I just feel like after LL and hair transplant, weight loss beats almost every operation by a long shot for at least 80% of people --and so optimizing the diet/sleep/routines seems like the next biggest appearance improvement aside from getting clothes that fit your body well 

I know some dermatologists advertise armpit hair removal with laser, but I don't think most guys would care about that, it takes a few seconds to trim them down to a neat length if they are actually too long

I guess for some middle aged people, hair dye could be useful if they want to date younger people but I sort of think some people look better with salt and pepper/grey hair, something about it commands respect

I feel like maybe weight loss is best and then there isn't that much that can be done until someone gets older and then there is this world of facelifts, dyeing hair, wrinkle-related stuff, etc but I just don't know anything about that world or if its good or not

I am looking for buccal fat removal for sure once I am successful with my weight loss journey. I hate my baby face..It makes me look childish..
Taking it easy

lessthanavg8300

"some dermatologists advertise armpit hair removal with laser"

lol wut?  I'm trying to be a man not turn into a woman.

Kybella and cool sculpting is just a bit of fat removal id consider that though.  Otherwise I really dont want a million surgeries.  Im going to get old and I've accepted that.   You generally age well unless you get fat so just dont do that.
Gained 3.2CM on femurs for a final height of 5'8.5-5'8.75.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

Laser doesn't remove hair.  Total scam.

SpeedDialer

If you became middle aged like 45, which cosmetic procedure for men aside from LL/hair transplant do you feel is the least scam-y and is most likely to be worth the money for most guys?

Excluding dying hair

I have not really noticed aging on my face, maybe a bit around the eyes but that might just be me not getting good sleep recently from LL (leg muscles feel tight, get woken up in the middle of the night)

Body Builder

If you became middle aged like 45, which cosmetic procedure for men aside from LL/hair transplant do you feel is the least scam-y and is most likely to be worth the money for most guys?

Excluding dying hair

I have not really noticed aging on my face, maybe a bit around the eyes but that might just be me not getting good sleep recently from LL (leg muscles feel tight, get woken up in the middle of the night)
Testosterone replacement maybe to build a good body and generally feel very good and strong, becauae after 40-45 yo the testosterone that is prodused from our body is reduced a lot.
Not a.cosmetic procedure though but still something not natural but with significant results for a man amd relatively safe.

lessthanavg8300

I 100% plan on doing this if my test is low.
Gained 3.2CM on femurs for a final height of 5'8.5-5'8.75.

SpeedDialer

Testosterone replacement maybe to build a good body and generally feel very good and strong, becauae after 40-45 yo the testosterone that is prodused from our body is reduced a lot.
Not a.cosmetic procedure though but still something not natural but with significant results for a man amd relatively safe.

Yeah I wonder about this. I remember Joe Rogan defending this on his podcast saying he's just restoring his T levels to when he was 27, think Dave Asprey said something similar

I just wonder if when someone starts taking it if they have to keep taking it? (which isn't bad in of itself I guess, I mean if the testosterone levels are going down anyway and they can afford it...)

SpeedDialer

I am looking for buccal fat removal for sure once I am successful with my weight loss journey. I hate my baby face..It makes me look childish..

Yeah actually maybe this is a good idea for alot of people who are already at a good weight but have a bit of fat in the cheek. I'm sort of hoping I can lose enough weight with diet choices to make it a non issue but I have to think that maybe buccal fat removal probably helps most people

In some ways its a bit sad, like even for guys who are not yet middle age:

-> LL makes most men look better, sad to say

-> If a guy truly has enough grafts to spare from the back of his head, hair transplant probably does make most guys look noticeably better (think elon musk, and I think floyd mayweather did one in the last few years too though I think in his case he looks fine either way)

-> I think you're right that buccal fat removal probably makes most people look better, but at least its alot safer and cheaper than the other two things above

I'm assuming for middle aged and older people that facelift/skincare helps most people too but I'm not actually sure if that is true or not. I am also not sure how much I would care once I'm in my mid 50s and hopefully either am settled into a nice marriage or content otherwise without being bogged down in the dating game
Pages: [1]   Go Up