Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions for internal femur LL patients who experimented with sleep positions  (Read 147 times)

SpeedDialer

Knee pain/tightness waking me up several times a night

What I've tried so far during sleep:

- pillows under knees -> seems to help/makes pain less severe but I still wake up a few times each night

- lower legs on pillow which is on top of small travel luggage bag -> woke up fewer times but woke up with some significant left knee pain

- I am able to turn over onto my belly at this point. I did try it once for a nap, but I can't remember what happened. Takes some physical effort to flip myself over though, not sure its a great idea before bed in the short term but I may experiment with it and experiment with putting pillows under my shin with me facing downwards (to force a small amount of knee bending to deal with the knee pain), not sure the best position

What I am imagining but have not tried yet during sleep:

- lying on back, lower legs dangling off edge of bed, knees bent roughly at edge of the bed. But then this causes hip flexor pain because of my low range of motion for hip flexors ..so..-> thinking of putting enough pillows/some kind of foot stool on the floor until my two legs dangling off the bed are stabilized by some pillows under them. So far this feels comfortable ish but is annoying to set up and I am not sure about it, need to experiment more to see if this is a good idea or not

What have you tried and what have been the results?
Pages: [1]   Go Up