Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More exposure for LL patients: Short actor gets LL and is making Documentary  (Read 838 times)

1team

Proportions are really going to start mattering. This surgery is getting exposed to the mainstream more every year. Anyone with way too long femurs or tibs or who just flat out did too much lengthening get prepared to be called out. I don't think this is beneficial for patients.

https://people.com/health/actor-rich-rotella-has-cosmetic-limb-lengthening-surgery/

elanxr

• Visitor

"The hardest part, I would say, is the pain. It's unbelievably painful," Rotella says. "The pain is brutal. It feels like two sharks biting my thighs." - lordy, he and he's only at 2.3cm...thought precice was supporsed to be the least painful option  :-[

Love this from Dr. Paley: Paley emphasizes, however, that not every short person wants to be taller. "I know CEOs of companies who are 5'4", and they walk with their head high, proud. They walk around as if they're six feet tall," Paley says. "And I know people who are 5'10" and they look like they're 5'4" because of how they carry themselves. And I don't know why that happens — since not every 5'4" person wants to be lengthened."

SpeedDialer

Alright well... to conceal it, so the best strategy is to do a modest amount of lengthening, do scar treatment with laser to decrease/flatten it, and then a tattoo if that doesn't fully disguise it?

TheDream

Love this from Dr. Paley: Paley emphasizes, however, that not every short person wants to be taller. "I know CEOs of companies who are 5'4", and they walk with their head high, proud. They walk around as if they're six feet tall," Paley says. "And I know people who are 5'10" and they look like they're 5'4" because of how they carry themselves. And I don't know why that happens — since not every 5'4" person wants to be lengthened."

Just replace a longer skeleton length with a whiter skin complexion and a shorter skeleton length  with a darker skin complexion and observe how it suddenly doesn’t sound so cool:

Paley emphasizes, however, that not every black person wants to be white. "I know CEOs of companies who are black, and they walk with their head high, proud. They walk around as if they're white," Paley says. "And I know people who are white and they look like they're black because of how they carry themselves. And I don't know why that happens — since not every black person wants to be whiter."

1team

Alright well... to conceal it, so the best strategy is to do a modest amount of lengthening, do scar treatment with laser to decrease/flatten it, and then a tattoo if that doesn't fully disguise it?

I'm not sure about your last points but I think modest amounts will be the way going forward. Sort of like how people getting cosmetic dentistry have to get a more subtle natural look otherwise it looks like big fake teeth which people now know are veneers or crowns.

Because so few people knew about this surgery in the past if your proportions were a unnatural no one would even think you had LL surgery, simply because they didn't know it was a thing. Now with increasing exposure that time is coming to an end.

VermontGuy762

• Visitor

Just replace a longer skeleton length with a whiter skin complexion and a shorter skeleton length  with a darker skin complexion and observe how it suddenly doesn’t sound so cool:

Agreed, totally not a cool statement to make

SpeedDialer

What scar laser/scar decreasing treatments have you guys looked into? To conceal that you have had it done

SpeedDialer

deleted, see above
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 06:32:33 AM by SpeedDialer »

1team

I don't think scarring is the major issue but you don't ever want to be in a situation like

https://twitter.com/roywoodjr/status/1443967124691722254
Who flat out lengthened too much, even if he lengthened his humerus his body was just too small to do 15cm.

or

http://drpiliortopedico.it/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/PRIMA-E-DOPO-8-cm-1-mese-post-rimozione-11-mesi-post-op.jpg
Who lengthened one section way too much.

SpeedDialer

I don't think scarring is the major issue but you don't ever want to be in a situation like

https://twitter.com/roywoodjr/status/1443967124691722254
Who flat out lengthened too much, even if he lengthened his humerus his body was just too small to do 15cm.

or

http://drpiliortopedico.it/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/PRIMA-E-DOPO-8-cm-1-mese-post-rimozione-11-mesi-post-op.jpg
Who lengthened one section way too much.

The scars are minor visually but then there is their regularity though, wonder if any forum member here has tried any laser treatment

I know a female patient in Athens is considering getting it

AllinStryde

I don't see that the 15cm guy looks out of proportion, he looks pretty good.  The other pic...I do believe the dude went way too far with the tib/fib.

1team

I don't see that the 15cm guy looks out of proportion, he looks pretty good.  The other pic...I do believe the dude went way too far with the tib/fib.

I guess it is subjective to an extent but 15cm guy received overwhelming negative feedback by regular people who saw his photo where it's been posted. I believe the arm length is what people find shocking.

My point being that prospective LL patients will want to avoid these obvious signs of surgery as awareness grows.

Unknown

I guess it is subjective to an extent but 15cm guy received overwhelming negative feedback by regular people who saw his photo where it's been posted. I believe the arm length is what people find shocking.

My point being that prospective LL patients will want to avoid these obvious signs of surgery as awareness grows.
Its probably jealousy. People are uncomfortable w the fact that there is a way to surpass ur genetics. They are too scared about the pain and complications but deep down wanted to be taller, hence the jealousy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up