Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 177.2 cm, 88.5 cm sitting height, 85 cm inseam  (Read 1314 times)

the188cmdream

177.2 cm, 88.5 cm sitting height, 85 cm inseam
« on: November 19, 2022, 01:36:44 PM »

I have long legs and wanted to do quadrilateral limb lengthening to push for 6'2 - 6'3.
I think I will look disproportionate. I knew I had long legs, but after doing a bit of photo editing (for 6'3) I looked freakish with 12 cm longer legs. I'm a bit sad since despite being close to 5'10 I have height dysphoria.

22 years old.

6'3 wingspan, 20.5' shoulders.

Any advice? money is not an issue. Wearing a longer shirt would not help since I have a big butt.

I was thinking of still doing quadrilateral (I think it helps with biomechanics) but to reach 6'?
Or maybe just do femurs for 2"?
Any hopes of 6'1?

I added an anonymized (to the best of my ability) picture of myself at roughly 186 cm or 6'1 for a total quadrilateral increase of roughly 9 cm (about half femur and half tibia).

My tibia/femur ratio is roughly 0.8 so every bilateral lengthening i mock up looks bad IMO.

with pants 186cm: https://imgur.com/a/5iKOoJD
without pants 186cm: https://imgur.com/a/mYcGvYI
without pants 181.5cm (4.5 cm tibia lengthening): https://imgur.com/a/lSzCnPf
without pants 181.5cm (4.5 cm femur lengthening): https://imgur.com/a/RgJJqDf
side by side: https://imgur.com/a/EiPcoWo

EDIT:
According to this study: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/325172553_The_influence_of_leg-to-body_ratio_arm-to-body_ratio_and_intra-limb_ratio_on_male_human_attractiveness

You seem to still be somewhat attractive despite 2 standard deviation from the norm, but the way they measure leg length is different. I don't know if anyone has any info on standard deviation of sitting height or inseam... I couldn't find data.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2022, 03:24:27 PM by the188cmdream »

Limbfan2020

Re: 177.2 cm, 88.5 cm sitting height, 85 cm inseam
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2022, 03:11:48 PM »

Dude, i can feel your suffering! I'm 175 cm and want this surgery so badly!

overandover

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2022, 03:42:31 PM »

Dude, i can feel your suffering! I'm 175 cm and want this surgery so badly!

What's stopping you from getting it then?

LLprime3

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2022, 04:05:53 PM »

Your sitting height is very very short for your height.
My sitting height is 86 cm at my original height of 156 cm.
Your wingspan is fine, but you already have very long longs relative to your height or sitting height.

Anything else than 4.5 cm on femurs is not in the cards imo That one mock up looked okay.

the188cmdream

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2022, 05:14:13 PM »

Does this also look weird?
A 6 cm increase basically makes me 6', I included both femur and quadrilateral in this link: https://imgur.com/a/VPW066Y

here is a side by side: https://imgur.com/a/Us5TxlG

Limbfan2020

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2022, 05:20:34 PM »

What's stopping you from getting it then?

Need to find the best timing for the surgery! Haven't told anybody about it! How about you?

EndGame

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2022, 07:34:37 PM »

Your sitting height is very very short for your height.
My sitting height is 86 cm at my original height of 156 cm.
Your wingspan is fine, but you already have very long longs relative to your height or sitting height.

Anything else than 4.5 cm on femurs is not in the cards imo That one mock up looked okay.
Agreed. Only mock-up that looked good was 4.5cm femurs. OP you look tilted, do you have LLD or weird camera angle? Good luck on your LL journey

the188cmdream

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2022, 07:51:04 PM »

I was wondering that too! I think I might have leg discrepancy! One of my hips feels a little taller than the other and I think I see this in the collarbones too. I also believe this affects my face.

I am lowkey hoping its LLD since I think that would cover surgery cost? I could also reach close to 6' with a 4.5 cm increase in one leg and 5.5 cm in the other or something like that.

Also I can grow a decent afro, I was wondering if that could offset my legs a bit and I could push for 5.5 cm even without the LLD?

EndGame

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2022, 08:33:02 PM »

I was wondering that too! I think I might have leg discrepancy! One of my hips feels a little taller than the other and I think I see this in the collarbones too. I also believe this affects my face.

I am lowkey hoping its LLD since I think that would cover surgery cost? I could also reach close to 6' with a 4.5 cm increase in one leg and 5.5 cm in the other or something like that.

Also I can grow a decent afro, I was wondering if that could offset my legs a bit and I could push for 5.5 cm even without the LLD?
What is your sitting height?  I don't remember but I think LLD over half inch in legs and doctor/insurance will deem medically necessary and cover some costs. You'll find out when you go for a consult. Good luck.

the188cmdream

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2022, 08:48:22 PM »

Sitting height is somewhere between 88-89 self-measured to the best of my abilities maybe 90 cm if I made a mistake.

the188cmdream

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2022, 05:55:03 PM »

In my edits I lengthened legs without widening my stance which makes it look like i can fall at any second, I think its better to look at this picture for torso and leg length with clothes https://imgur.com/a/17RFMNm .

All guys have about the same torso size but longer legs, even longer than 0.5 body IMO are clearly more attractive. I think the studies that look at LBR attractiveness don't properly weigh the importance of height as compared to proportions. Yes, the 170 cm guy has better proportions but it is insignificant compared to his stature.

I used a door to better measure my shoulders this time. They are 21" on the dot. With a 190cm/6'3" wingspan I think I would look better taller. It's also worth noting that I have a buzz cut in the pictures which skews the proportions a bit. With my normal length afro my upper body would look more proportionate.

Am I just coping hard? Thoughts?

EndGame

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2022, 05:46:17 AM »

In my edits I lengthened legs without widening my stance which makes it look like i can fall at any second, I think its better to look at this picture for torso and leg length with clothes https://imgur.com/a/17RFMNm .

All guys have about the same torso size but longer legs, even longer than 0.5 body IMO are clearly more attractive. I think the studies that look at LBR attractiveness don't properly weigh the importance of height as compared to proportions. Yes, the 170 cm guy has better proportions but it is insignificant compared to his stature.

I used a door to better measure my shoulders this time. They are 21" on the dot. With a 190cm/6'3" wingspan I think I would look better taller. It's also worth noting that I have a buzz cut in the pictures which skews the proportions a bit. With my normal length afro my upper body would look more proportionate.

Am I just coping hard? Thoughts?
I don't want to rain on your parade, but you asked for feedback/thoughts. The 190cm looks terrible.  If your sitting height is 88.5cm that is 34.84". The general rule is don't go past 0.50 SHR. However, you have long arms and I think that's key to pulling off below 0.5 SHR. Femurs are safer than tibias. I think doing 4.5/5.5 femurs to correct LLD and lengthen like you mentioned earlier is a good option. However, if you're ok with being leggy AF, go for more. You sound like you really want 6'1" so maybe you'll be happier doing 7/8 and accepting proportions a bit off.

1team

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2022, 08:47:01 AM »

With your sitting height you are pushing it at 5cm lengthening since you care about proportions. You will have to accept some degree of disproportion since just doing femurs will throw out your t/f ratio since it's already ideal at 0.8 and doing quads for less than 8cm is extreme.

Hatch

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2022, 01:54:47 PM »

Just do 6cm femurs to 183,2cm and be happy  :)

the188cmdream

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2022, 01:38:51 PM »

I don't want to rain on your parade, but you asked for feedback/thoughts. The 190cm looks terrible.  If your sitting height is 88.5cm that is 34.84". The general rule is don't go past 0.50 SHR. However, you have long arms and I think that's key to pulling off below 0.5 SHR. Femurs are safer than tibias. I think doing 4.5/5.5 femurs to correct LLD and lengthen like you mentioned earlier is a good option. However, if you're ok with being leggy AF, go for more. You sound like you really want 6'1" so maybe you'll be happier doing 7/8 and accepting proportions a bit off.

With your sitting height you are pushing it at 5cm lengthening since you care about proportions. You will have to accept some degree of disproportion since just doing femurs will throw out your t/f ratio since it's already ideal at 0.8 and doing quads for less than 8cm is extreme.

Just do 6cm femurs to 183,2cm and be happy  :)

You guys are right, also I tried so many tests to see if I have LLD it is 0.5 cm max, I think shoulder tightness is causing my body to lean on one side.

A 5 cm increase via femurs will put me at 183 cm morning height and 2 standard deviations from the norms in terms of femur tibia ratio (roughly 0.76 to 0.77 ratio), which would still be considered somewhat normal. It will also make me less leggy than trying to go for 6'1 or 6'2. With an afro and some good shoes I could even appear as 6'1 or 6'2 with an illusion of good LBR thanks to afro height increase. However, even without that 6' is already plenty... This is a serious surgery and I should really air on the side of caution when it comes to permanent changes to proportions and reevaluate the risk/benefits especially given I have plenty of years left to live (hopefully). What is the point of doing this if I will simply switch height neurosis with proportion neurosis?

I also don't think I can justify quadrilateral with Paley 200k$ just for proportions. I can fork out 100k$ thanks to a good tech job but 200k$ becomes a bit much. I wouldn't want to do it anywhere else since I would hate to live with a lifetime of regret.

At 183 cm if my height neurosis is still as bad I can just move to another country where people are shorter and work remotely.

Thank you for your insight and advice.

EndGame

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2022, 02:03:28 PM »

I did my femurs with Paley. I think you're making a good choice. Good luck with your LL journey!
Pages: [1]   Go Up