Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best way to measure wingspan  (Read 8537 times)

kunta kinte

Best way to measure wingspan
« on: July 16, 2014, 12:47:01 PM »

Hello, I was just wondering what is the best and most precise way to measure wingspan as I've measured mine I came across results that waren't consistent. Every time I measure it comes out different.

GeTs

Re: Best way to measure wingspan
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 01:42:05 PM »

tbh numbers don't matter that much, cause if u have a larger built your arms will look shorter, same for your legs, best way to measure proportions is the eye itself

Taller

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 04:06:37 PM »

I too get different results based on which direction I'm facing. Also, is wingspan intended to be the measurement of armspan with arms stretched out as far as they possibly can go, or just perpendicular to the standing body, but without strain or excessive stretching?

GeTs

kunta kinte

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 05:36:58 PM »

I too get different results based on which direction I'm facing. Also, is wingspan intended to be the measurement of armspan with arms stretched out as far as they possibly can go, or just perpendicular to the standing body, but without strain or excessive stretching?

Hey Tall, I really don't know but I'm guessing that the method with arms streched out as far as they can possibly go is the correct way to measure because you don't measure your height relaxed(at least i don't). You stand tall and try to get the maximum height, because after all you don't measure a car by it's lowest speed but with it's highest but that's just my opinion. :D

kunta kinte

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 05:46:01 PM »

tbh numbers don't matter that much, cause if u have a larger built your arms will look shorter, same for your legs, best way to measure proportions is the eye itself

I would have to agree, now that I think about it some friends of mine have really short looking arms but when i measured them they were quite long. And if you're wondering "this guys measures his friends", yes I do hahaha, I'm a really anoyng person :D

G-Man

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 12:47:26 AM »

Who cares about proportions!?  Only us cuz were aware of it but before thinking of LL I NEVER paid attention to sitting height, arms proportions and such.  You can have fun with it but don't get phobic about it!

Btw, I measure my wingspan without stretching my arms as you don't stretch your arms downwards even if you're walking tall!  :P

• Proportionā˜¤Nazi
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 08:35:25 AM »

Who cares about proportions!?  Only us cuz were aware of it but before thinking of LL I NEVER paid attention to sitting height, arms proportions and such.  You can have fun with it but don't get phobic about it!

Btw, I measure my wingspan without stretching my arms as you don't stretch your arms downwards even if you're walking tall!  :P
You're kinda right, But if you don't take proportions into account, You can end up looking like Slender Man ;D.

Or a person suffering from Marfan Syndrome

Height: 177cm / Wingspan: 193cm
Sitting height: 94-95cm / current SHR: 53.7% /
Hand length: 21.5cm / Handbreadth: 10cm
Arm lenght (middle finger to acromion bone) : 85cm   | Ground to crotch: 85cm | Inseam: 80cm
Tibia:43cm / Femur:42

kunta kinte

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 08:58:34 AM »

I agree with you about that lol. xD But now that we know we can't help but think about it. As for the armspan or wingspan I just measured mine with full extension and it came out 184 and without extension just spread my arms without any effort and it came out 183.4. Not really a big difference.

At what point do you think it becomes noticable, 5cm less than height, 10, 15? Just wanna hear your opinion. :D

• Proportionā˜¤Nazi
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 09:34:20 AM »

I agree with you about that lol. xD But now that we know we can't help but think about it. As for the armspan or wingspan I just measured mine with full extension and it came out 184 and without extension just spread my arms without any effort and it came out 183.4. Not really a big difference.

At what point do you think it becomes noticable, 5cm less than height, 10, 15? Just wanna hear your opinion. :D

Check it out here > http://www.ape-index.com/

"If your Ape Index is not even 1 (Index 1), or negative (Index 2) your friends can call you T-Rex.
If it is near 1 (Index 1) or 0 (Index 2) some Italians may ask you if they can paint you - nked.
If it is more than 1 (Index 1) or positive (Index 2) you can pick up things from the ground without bending your knees to much.
So whatever it is, be proud of your Ape Index!

Compare your Ape Index

If you're more the competition type of monkey (or T-Rex, or nked model) these numbers may interest you:

Boxer Sonny Liston had an incredible Ape Index of 1.158 (Index 1) / 29cm (Index 2).
German discus thrower Lars Riedel has an Ape Index of 1.055 (Index 1) / 11 cm (Index 2).
World class swimmer Michael Phelps has an Ape Index of 1.04 (Index 1) / 3 inches (Index 2).
The guys at Mountain Project asked their forum members about their height and armspan. About 50 people answered (all of them climbers). The average Ape Index was 1.0311 (Index 1) / 2.2 inches (Index 2)."

.................................................. ...............................

Interesting data on heavyweight boxing champions and their ape index.

Rocky Marciano (height: 180cm/ reach: 173cm) = AI 0.96
Muhhamad Ali (height: 191cm/ reach: 203cm) = AI 1.06
Joe Frasier (height: 182cm/ reach: 185cm) = AI 1.01
George Foreman (height: 191cm/ reach: 208cm) = AI 1.09
Mike Tyson (height: 178cm/ reach: 180cm) = AI 1.01
Evander Holyfield (height: 189cm/ reach: 198cm) = AI 1.05
Lennox Lewis (height: 196cm/ reach 213cm) = AI 1.08
Oleg Maskaev (height: 191cm/ reach 201cm) = AI 1.05
Nikolai Valuev (height: 216cm/ reach: 216cm) = AI 1.00
Wladimir Klitschko (height: 198cm/ reach: 206cm) = AI 1.04

and the absolute freak
Sonny Liston (height: 184cm/ reach 213cm) = AI 1.15
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 09:46:30 AM by 680 »
Height: 177cm / Wingspan: 193cm
Sitting height: 94-95cm / current SHR: 53.7% /
Hand length: 21.5cm / Handbreadth: 10cm
Arm lenght (middle finger to acromion bone) : 85cm   | Ground to crotch: 85cm | Inseam: 80cm
Tibia:43cm / Femur:42

G-Man

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2014, 07:56:48 PM »

As long as your hands reach your pockets you're ok!  Since the "shoulder to pocket" ratio is not affected with LL, then everything is A-Ok!

Personally I always thought that longer legs looks better, Hugh Jackman seems to be on the longer side and looks pretty cool to me!
If you replace height phobia with proportion phobia after LL I mean...  Life's gonna be long and boring! I say get LL and enjoy life after, don't focus on proportions and crap like that.  Know what I mean? ;)

As I was saying, its fun to check and compare proportions and stuff but don't let it affect your business!
Pages: [1]   Go Up