Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Whats the max amount of LL i can do? (Stats and pics included)  (Read 570 times)

165cm hero

• Visitor
Whats the max amount of LL i can do? (Stats and pics included)
« on: December 07, 2022, 06:14:49 AM »

Hey guys. Im about 5'4 and i measured my proportions disregarding my neck and head. Self measuring wont be 100% accurate, but I've included pics 4 that.
My LL goal is to be around 5'10 and I'm wondering if that is possible with my proportions. Thanks!

Height: 5'4 exactly (measured evening)
Armspan: 5'4

Legs (total) 2'11 1/2
  > tibia: 1'4 1/2
  > femur: 1'5 1/2

Torso: 1'5 1/2

Pics:
https://imgur.com/a/oMlAA39

EndGame

Re: Whats the max amount of LL i can do? (Stats and pics included)
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2022, 12:00:48 PM »

It's harder to assess with your arms out to the side instead of down by your waist. What's your sitting height? Seems to me you may be starting a bit leggier than average. I think +6" and you'll be way below 0.50 SHR which is generally viewed as the max one can go without high odds of looking weird.  You'd need x-ray measurements to really know your tibia to femur ratio, but your measurements do generally match you visually in that your Tibias seems a bit longer than average relative to your femurs. Perhaps add 8cm femurs to get a little over 5'7" and that's it. Otherwise, having a -6" ape index likely will look bad and so likely would a 0.47? (guessing) SHR. Those pictures didn't seem like any were 6" different than the other so I'm commenting assuming those all 4 regular pictures, but you're fine if those all 4 are already +6" mockups. Perhaps do some mockups. I don't think you'll look good adding 6" but way to tell is with mockups. If you are willing to do arm lengthening, you can get away with more leg lengthening. Proportions are a personal choice. Most everyone except those starting with atypically short legs are trading proportions for height to an extent. I'm considering doing Tibias having already done femurs. I could do ~1.5" and end up 0.50 SHR but I'm tempted to do 2-3" and be more like 0.49 so I'm warning you of the rule of thumb but may not even follow it myself. I hope it turns out well whatever you decide to do. Good luck on your LL journey.

165cm hero

• Visitor
Re: Whats the max amount of LL i can do? (Stats and pics included)
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2022, 03:51:12 PM »

It's harder to assess with your arms out to the side instead of down by your waist. What's your sitting height? Seems to me you may be starting a bit leggier than average. I think +6" and you'll be way below 0.50 SHR which is generally viewed as the max one can go without high odds of looking weird.  You'd need x-ray measurements to really know your tibia to femur ratio, but your measurements do generally match you visually in that your Tibias seems a bit longer than average relative to your femurs. Perhaps add 8cm femurs to get a little over 5'7" and that's it. Otherwise, having a -6" ape index likely will look bad and so likely would a 0.47? (guessing) SHR. Those pictures didn't seem like any were 6" different than the other so I'm commenting assuming those all 4 regular pictures, but you're fine if those all 4 are already +6" mockups. Perhaps do some mockups. I don't think you'll look good adding 6" but way to tell is with mockups. If you are willing to do arm lengthening, you can get away with more leg lengthening. Proportions are a personal choice. Most everyone except those starting with atypically short legs are trading proportions for height to an extent. I'm considering doing Tibias having already done femurs. I could do ~1.5" and end up 0.50 SHR but I'm tempted to do 2-3" and be more like 0.49 so I'm warning you of the rule of thumb but may not even follow it myself. I hope it turns out well whatever you decide to do. Good luck on your LL journey.

Thanks for the input. Another user told me i could get to 5'10 if i did 8cm on the femurs and 7 on the tibia. Can i do that? I don't know much about ratios and stuff but ill read about it after school.
I didn't put it here earlier but here are pictures of me standing with my arms down.
https://imgur.com/a/AQQMlsI
Pages: [1]   Go Up