Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How much can I lengthen ? (pics and stats)  (Read 1659 times)

FileoFlex

How much can I lengthen ? (pics and stats)
« on: December 15, 2022, 03:34:38 PM »

Hey everybody !  :)
I would like to know how much can I lengthen.
I’m actually 162cm or 5,3ft.
Wingspan : 164cm or 5,4ft.
I want to grow as much as possible without looking disproportionate.
Ask me if you want more informations.
Hope you will help me, thanks.

https://imgur.com/a/wGmYM5J
Height : 162cm
Goal : +8cm femurs

Kanye Western

Re: How much can I lengthen ? (pics and stats)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2022, 04:14:18 PM »

Judging by your photos, your tibia looks quite long compared to your femurs. I'd probably suggest 6-8cm on femurs.

FileoFlex

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2022, 04:43:55 PM »

Judging by your photos, your tibia looks quite long compared to your femurs. I'd probably suggest 6-8cm on femurs.

Thanks for you advise !
Do you think I can lengthen 4-6cm tibias and maybe 8-10 on femurs ?
I would like to achieve 175-180cm  :)

Roadtotall

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2022, 09:10:38 PM »

Thanks for you advise !

Max 8cm on femurs and Max 5-6cm on tibia,

Kanye Western

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2022, 09:24:50 PM »

Personally don’t think it would be worth it, you’ll have like a 10+ cm difference to height and wingspan.

How old are you? 170 cm would be suitable imo.

Thanks for you advise !

FileoFlex

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2022, 12:04:13 AM »

Personally don’t think it would be worth it, you’ll have like a 10+ cm difference to height and wingspan.

How old are you? 170 cm would be suitable imo.

I'm 18 (19 in april). I will have to wait because for the moment Im a student but i will work and save money to finally grow !

Height Journey

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2022, 05:16:50 AM »

Max 8cm femurs
Max 5cm tibias
3.7cm tibias with Precice 2.2 nails in 2022
7.0cm femurs with Precice 2.2 nails in 2021

YouTube: YouTube.com/HeightJourney

FileoFlex

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2022, 12:15:04 AM »

Max 8cm femurs
Max 5cm tibias

8cm is the max on femur ? 10 is impossible ?

Height Journey

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2022, 05:56:15 AM »

8cm is the max on femur ? 10 is impossible ?

10cm femurs is possible for some patients, but is often not safe. Not only does going over 8cm femurs looks noticeably disproportionate, but there are greater risks.

Bone malalignment or deformities from lengthening so much.
Nerve damage.
Severe muscle tightness that greatly reduces athletic ability.
Arthritis

FileoFlex

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2022, 09:54:44 AM »

10cm femurs is possible for some patients, but is often not safe. Not only does going over 8cm femurs looks noticeably disproportionate, but there are greater risks.

Bone malalignment or deformities from lengthening so much.
Nerve damage.
Severe muscle tightness that greatly reduces athletic ability.
Arthritis

Ok with 8 and 5 I can grow to 175cm. Thanks.
And how many months, years do I have to wait between the two surgeries ?

Height Journey

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2022, 03:49:25 PM »

Ok with 8 and 5 I can grow to 175cm. Thanks.
And how many months, years do I have to wait between the two surgeries ?

It's usually recommended to wait 12 months between the 2 surgeries, but as little as 8 months may be fine to get the max length of both femurs (8cm) and tibias (5cm).

The main reason to wait several months between the 2 surgeries is because muscle tightness after lengthening the first segment will be a big obstacle from reaching your max limit on the next segment. You need months of stretching so your muscles are sufficiently stretched for the next lengthening. Also, other reasons are so your muscles and nerves have time to adapt to your new length, and most of your bones are consolidated in your first segment so your bone formation and consolidation will be easier on your second segment.

I have a video on quadrilateral lengthening.
https://youtu.be/CJqiTxXtsbc

FileoFlex

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2022, 12:15:34 AM »

It's usually recommended to wait 12 months between the 2 surgeries, but as little as 8 months may be fine to get the max length of both femurs (8cm) and tibias (5cm).

The main reason to wait several months between the 2 surgeries is because muscle tightness after lengthening the first segment will be a big obstacle from reaching your max limit on the next segment. You need months of stretching so your muscles are sufficiently stretched for the next lengthening. Also, other reasons are so your muscles and nerves have time to adapt to your new length, and most of your bones are consolidated in your first segment so your bone formation and consolidation will be easier on your second segment.

I have a video on quadrilateral lengthening.
https://youtu.be/CJqiTxXtsbc

ok thanks. Good video !

RealLostSoul

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2022, 01:09:59 PM »

Wingspan doesn‘t really matter man. I am honest. Recently I watched those livelifetaller videos. And the salesman/moderator guy who talks in most videos was lengthened from 157 to 177 with a wingspan of 165. I didn‘t know this in the beginning however, guess what, I did not notice anything off with him. After he said in one video he did 20cm (that‘s really extreme btw) I specifically looked at his arms and I still thought he looks normal. Yes maybe a little bit shorter with -12 wingspan but it‘s really not a big deal. I would never sacrifice height after an insane hardcore surgery like this because of wingspan tbh.

Femur/tibia ratio is more important. In your case I would definitely not go with tibia. Go with femur +8cm or so you will look great, I can promise.

FileoFlex

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2022, 03:35:24 PM »

Wingspan doesn‘t really matter man. I am honest. Recently I watched those livelifetaller videos. And the salesman/moderator guy who talks in most videos was lengthened from 157 to 177 with a wingspan of 165. I didn‘t know this in the beginning however, guess what, I did not notice anything off with him. After he said in one video he did 20cm (that‘s really extreme btw) I specifically looked at his arms and I still thought he looks normal. Yes maybe a little bit shorter with -12 wingspan but it‘s really not a big deal. I would never sacrifice height after an insane hardcore surgery like this because of wingspan tbh.

Femur/tibia ratio is more important. In your case I would definitely not go with tibia. Go with femur +8cm or so you will look great, I can promise.

Thanks for your comment !
So if i lengthen to 175cm my arms will not look short ?
The femur/tibia ratio is 1/1 ?

RealLostSoul

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2022, 05:49:33 PM »

Nah I don‘t think arms will be an issue.

Your ratio is most definitely not 1/1. that would be very abnormal. It‘s maybe 0.85/1 or something like that. But yea just go for femur.

LLprime3

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2022, 07:14:57 PM »

Your arms will look short. Only a minority of people has arms that are 5cm shorter (or more) than their height.
You are only 1 surgery away from hitting the limit.

Check height vs wingspan graphs online.

Try to get out as much from femur lengthening. Not more than 8 cm though, which is already a lot.

FileoFlex

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2022, 11:52:50 AM »

Your arms will look short. Only a minority of people has arms that are 5cm shorter (or more) than their height.
You are only 1 surgery away from hitting the limit.

Check height vs wingspan graphs online.

Try to get out as much from femur lengthening. Not more than 8 cm though, which is already a lot.

And if i lengthen my arms it can be good ?

EndGame

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2022, 02:41:48 AM »

Some people consider the SHR to be a major limiting factor regarding proportions.  What is your sitting height?

FileoFlex

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2022, 10:09:10 AM »

Some people consider the SHR to be a major limiting factor regarding proportions.  What is your sitting height?

What is the SHR ?
My sitting height is 80cm.

EndGame

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2022, 12:16:01 PM »

What is the SHR ?
My sitting height is 80cm.
Sitting height ratio
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1720514/pdf/v090p00807.pdf
The Dutch have long legs and low SHR vs other populations and these graphs and data might be generous regarding normal ranges in other places for LLers.
It was my understanding that 0.50 is generally the lowest one should go if they care about proportions.
You look leggy pre LL but not oddly so imo. You can Google and search forum for more info. I don't like your proportions post LL mockups. Generally people have to sacrifice proportions to gain height. Decide how much makes sense for you and go for it. Personally beyond 0.49 looks noticably weird to me.

booklecrt

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2022, 08:07:16 AM »

good post, thanks for bringing some common sense to the discussion
wingspan is not just the length of the arms stretched out, people always whine about it without considering rib cage width

a person with smaller ribcage and narrower clavicle will have less wingspan than another person with the same height with a wider clavicle

whats important is where arms fall to the sides after you're done lengthening, and even that is a non-issue as noone cares about how long your arms are anyway as vertical height is the most important metric of how you're perceived solely on body size

FileoFlex

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2022, 10:13:31 AM »

good post, thanks for bringing some common sense to the discussion
wingspan is not just the length of the arms stretched out, people always whine about it without considering rib cage width

a person with smaller ribcage and narrower clavicle will have less wingspan than another person with the same height with a wider clavicle

whats important is where arms fall to the sides after you're done lengthening, and even that is a non-issue as noone cares about how long your arms are anyway as vertical height is the most important metric of how you're perceived solely on body size

Thanks for your post !
You can see here on this pic what it looks like after surgery. Give me your advise about arms please

https://imgur.com/7ItuoiO

EndGame

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2022, 12:34:27 PM »

Thanks for your post !
You can see here on this pic what it looks like after surgery. Give me your advise about arms please

https://imgur.com/7ItuoiO
I think longer arms would help balance out your post LL proportions in that mock-up. Also, your Tibias seem very long. If you're definitely doing 14cm total (which gives you a very very leggy look imo) I think it'd look better doing 10cm femurs / 4cm Tibias. Probably safer two femur surgeries to achieve that but with betz bone 10cm (even 12cm) femurs in one surgery is an option (if soft tissues allow and things go perfectly). Perhaps do a mock-up with only 10cm femurs and also with only 12cm femurs, so nothing on Tibias. While it won't quite reach your +14cm goal, you might have  decent proportions and only one surgery instead of three (if you did arms femurs Tibias). Good luck on your LL journey.

booklecrt

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2022, 01:01:41 PM »

I think longer arms would help balance out your post LL proportions in that mock-up. Also, your Tibias seem very long. If you're definitely doing 14cm total (which gives you a very very leggy look imo) I think it'd look better doing 10cm femurs / 4cm Tibias. Probably safer two femur surgeries to achieve that but with betz bone 10cm (even 12cm) femurs in one surgery is an option (if soft tissues allow and things go perfectly). Perhaps do a mock-up with only 10cm femurs and also with only 12cm femurs, so nothing on Tibias. While it won't quite reach your +14cm goal, you might have  decent proportions and only one surgery instead of three (if you did arms femurs Tibias). Good luck on your LL journey.

the guy is 162 cm and like a teenager or something, what are you talking about? muh very leggy

OP dont listen to this guy, go for max femur + tibia and over the years you will bulk up your bird tier lower body to offset the length and look normal-ish. also avoid bulking up your arms not to have the stubby arm look short guys get who are gymmaxxed or fatmaxxed

first go with femur 8 cm precice or 10 betz or guichet nail and then if you are not completely mentally drained from 1 year of the entire shyte go for 2 more inches on tibia

but generally speaking after doing femur and getting yourself from invisible to below average would have a massive impact overall on life quality so you might just liftmaxx and continue onwards with your life at that point

good luck!

FileoFlex

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2022, 01:41:35 PM »

Thanks for your advises !
I want to try a mockup with different proportions. Can someone help me please ? I don't know how to do it and i dont have a software like Paint.
For the moment, I have the original pic and the 176cm (8cm/6cm).
Pages: [1]   Go Up