Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for Montaza patients Jan/Feb to order food delivery together with  (Read 278 times)

SpeedDialer

Wolt is the app the patients use mostly in Athens to order food. It's like uber eats or postmates apps. The app (Wolt) is better than efood's app for most people, easier to use and has a laptop browser version wolt.com to track your order easily.

I tried this out with a patient who will be leaving later in January.

It worked out really well and it saves alot of money. The portions they give for alot of restaurants are too huge to eat alone.

Examples: 

- Beef and broccoli + white rice on the side from China Wok 3.0, gives alot of tasty meat and veggies  for 14 euros-> we split the cost and paid about 7 using physical Euros

- Buying two gyros for 7 euros from wolt (it has a 6-7 euro minimum delivery) -> split between two people, we just pay 3.50 euros for a meal. Some stores are even less, can pay less than 3.50 for a pretty good meal

- KFC chicken bucket could probably be split between 3 people so each person pays 4-5 euros and gets alot of meat/protein 

Saves a ton of money, there's no microwave at Montaza to reheat old food

I will order the food from the app and I will bring the food to your room and knock on the door. I can move much more easily than a patient within 1-2 weeks after surgery, its np.

Definitely get physical cash (Euros) for Greece for splitting costs. Trust me. Super useful (paying the arranged transportation the doctor set up, exchanging money between friends. Also Greeks love physical Euros and absolutely absolutely hate getting paid by card, they will do everything they can/make every excuse to avoid it so its helpful to have plenty of physical Euros. )

The best ATM to get cash from is the hospital ATM (it will not try to screw you like the Euronet ATMs). If you use the hyatt hotel Euronet ATM, be sure to reject its first offer of an exchange rate to get the better rate for withdrawing physical Euros. Do not use the airport currency exchange ever, they will take like 1/4 of your money. If you can, get the Charles Schwab bank debit card (reimburses you for ATM fees and gives a pretty good exchange rate).
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 06:23:36 PM by SpeedDialer »

SpeedDialer

Re: Looking for Montaza patients Jan/Feb to order food delivery together with
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2022, 07:11:57 AM »

PM me if you're interested, let's meet up at Montaza and we can figure out some dishes we wanna try

SpeedDialer

Another we tried that worked pretty well was:

Chicken or beef skewers on a stick- its like 4 euros for two pretty large sticks of chicken, comes with bread and lemon. The skewers of meat are way bigger/longer than the pictures look, two sticks and the bread it comes with feels like a meal

But the minimum order delivery on wolt is more like 6-8 euros so you can't just buy 4 euros of it

So we tried this out, we each paid around 4 euros and got a bunch of meat cheaply. They're way better fresh, moister
Pages: [1]   Go Up