Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I ruminated over my old plan and made my decision to do LL after all  (Read 985 times)

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!

Well I indeed emptied my thoughts of doing LL for months because back then I was occupied with the obsessions over other thngs, so 'luckily' my desire for height mitigated a lot, but now since my obsession over that thing disappeared and only height is my biggest flaw, I made up mind to do it again after all.

But now I have other reason to do it: I will migrate into Europe for my academic achievements so it is really impossible to go there with a 162cm height. Still ami for Paley's option 5, or at least 6+7 to get to 175cm in Europe. This time I will make my money myself for LL, or sell my house secretly for LL. But this time if I really can't get LL, I will not do something really crazy. I will just call it a day, since I will not date and it is ridiculous to break your legs because how other people are ridiculing you, since this surgery is NOT a joke. I also suggest that, if you do not do this surgery for yourself, just don't do it. How others think of you is really not important. I know there are many men who are dying for getting taller just because they feel weak in the field of height, but for girls or ridiculing it will never be worth it. You may regret when you are in procedures.

(I am just one of those who just want to get taller for themselves. I don't care how girls call me short or how others make fun of my height. Nowadays since we have good sources to learn Psychology, you will know actually making fun of others viciously is a behaviour derived from complex inferiority so you should instead take pity on them. Also there are good guys/girls telling me I am nice, even though I am short.

PS:Those who are making fun of you, if the other side was a girl, she may be suffering from severe face/stature dysphoria herself or a big failure in other fields. If the other side was a man, well, maybe he could only mog you and others with his height so he gotta make fun of you to eliminate bad feelings. I never encountered with anyone who is hot as a girl ridculed my height or anyone who is not short and successful, ridiculed my height. I only suffered from being laughed at when the other side was a taller failure or b*tch)

I'd say yeah, we are living in a modern society that sucks when it comes to how judgemental it is, but luckily we can reshuffle our cards by this surgery. We also have chances of improving our genes by this way. I will not date any shorty for my kids, if I really gotta have a kid, who is also successful. This is another benefit we can have from doing this surgery.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: I ruminated over my old plan and made my decision to do LL after all
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2023, 08:09:13 PM »

https://www.esf.org.cn/

What does this say?  Is it even an option for you these days?

Sorcerer

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2023, 09:08:03 PM »

https://www.esf.org.cn/

What does this say?  Is it even an option for you these days?
We don't know this tbh. Many Chineses either go for Bai Helong or other reputable doctors or just go abroad to do LL. But this one .. we really don't know.

oklama

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2023, 10:33:09 PM »

happy for you that you've came to a better place
I still feel LL is a most logical conclusion for people under 170-173cm in the west.
I remember when I came on this forum you were one of the most mentally ill sounding people (respectfully) so im happy you've found so peace
19 yrs old
goal: 173 (8cm)
looking at giotikas or becker
maybe will get to 180cm eventually

Kanye Western

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2023, 11:01:26 PM »

Any context for new LL forum users here?

Sorcerer

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2023, 11:11:34 PM »

happy for you that you've came to a better place
I still feel LL is a most logical conclusion for people under 170-173cm in the west.
I remember when I came on this forum you were one of the most mentally ill sounding people (respectfully) so im happy you've found so peace
Yeah back then I was suffering from upmost severe height dysphoria and I was comparing Parkinson Leukemia Ebola and other horrible diseases with being short because it seems to me so.

I've kept inactive for months on this forum also because I was occupied with the obsessions over other  s.

Well the regime I used to get rid of dysphoria mostly is to find my life goal and tell me there are many other more horrible things than being short like being retarded. I don't think how society thinks of you really deserves paying $100k to break your legs. I do it just for myself. If your height does not impede you from achieving you dream, doing LL just to avoid being discriminated by the society is really stupid, but that mindset is of course understandable.

Sorcerer

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2023, 11:29:38 PM »

Any context for new LL forum users here?
I don't have many things that can amplify new user's professional knowledge about this surgery, but my primary suggestion is to watch Cyborg's videos particularly his interviews with professionals. The interviews can help a lot. The second is, basic knowledges can be learned via researches on pubmed(I highly recommend it), google scholar, and the like. I myself am not an assiduous learner of professional ortho knowledges so I can't give really detailed suggestion about this. The next is, yeah, the diaries are really important, and knowing how to spot fake diaries is very important, since there are some on this forum, but actually, after you read the certain amount of diaries, you will find out the diaries are very common and you will not learn more things, so there is a 'Diminishing Returns'.

The really useless thing is trusting the data about the success rate of random surgeron. They are just propaganda. No surgeons can have 100% success rate, and you can tell if a surgeon is good enough by your knowledges.

Kanye Western

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2023, 11:37:29 PM »

I can appreciate that, but more so was relating to your background.

Why haven’t you done the surgery yet?

Also, I agree with your points, regarding doing the surgery for yourself. Being 5”6 is my only flaw (if you can even call it that), but believe I will reach clarity by doing this surgery. 6cm in my opinion is realistic and relatively safe.

Sorcerer

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2023, 11:57:29 PM »

I can appreciate that, but more so was relating to your background.

Why haven’t you done the surgery yet?

Also, I agree with your points, regarding doing the surgery for yourself. Being 5”6 is my only flaw (if you can even call it that), but believe I will reach clarity by doing this surgery. 6cm in my opinion is realistic and relatively safe.
My background:
Height: 5'4

Weight: 119 Ibs

Race: Chinese

Major: Computer Science, now aiming for Master/Ph.D in Quantitative Psychology in Ball State University

Backstory:

I was suffering from height neurosis since I was 14 y.o. I was measured extremely short here and there so progressively I developped height neurosis, interrupted by my first relationship out of luck with my first ex, but continued after we broke up.

I have no interesting anecdotes to narrate here but I am  ty here and there you can name so that's why I sojourned in severe psychosis, disturbing everyone. Had it not been my IQ was only 46(severely mentally retarded diagnosed in clinic), and my height was only 5'4 I would lead a normal or even happy life. I also have a dinosaur face. I was just hiding these facts since they are unrelated to height. I am just wondering why God is mistreating me so badly...

My parents divorced when I was 16 y.o. I went into the  test high school in my city although I got average/above average Zhongkao score which coulda permitted me into a key high school over the whole district but I fell for the elegant name of my high school so I made a wrong choice. But I got 58-61 percentiles Gaokao score without being assiduous in all senses. There is a persiflage replicated by the kids in my city:"If you don't go to a key high school, you don't have the key to a key uni"(I even saw someone else said even normal uni was impossible if you don't). I went to the most blashphemous high school so the doleful destiny was predictable, not to mention I was not assiduous.

I am not learning my liked major now so I gotta pivot. Q.P is really enthralling me and I like this major, a compound of empathizations and mathematics.

oklama

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2023, 01:27:50 AM »

My background:
Height: 5'4

Weight: 119 Ibs

Race: Chinese

Major: Computer Science, now aiming for Master/Ph.D in Quantitative Psychology in Ball State University

Backstory:

I was suffering from height neurosis since I was 14 y.o. I was measured extremely short here and there so progressively I developped height neurosis, interrupted by my first relationship out of luck with my first ex, but continued after we broke up.

I have no interesting anecdotes to narrate here but I am  ty here and there you can name so that's why I sojourned in severe psychosis, disturbing everyone. Had it not been my IQ was only 46(severely mentally retarded diagnosed in clinic), and my height was only 5'4 I would lead a normal or even happy life. I also have a dinosaur face. I was just hiding these facts since they are unrelated to height. I am just wondering why God is mistreating me so badly...

My parents divorced when I was 16 y.o. I went into the  test high school in my city although I got average/above average Zhongkao score which coulda permitted me into a key high school over the whole district but I fell for the elegant name of my high school so I made a wrong choice. But I got 58-61 percentiles Gaokao score without being assiduous in all senses. There is a persiflage replicated by the kids in my city:"If you don't go to a key high school, you don't have the key to a key uni"(I even saw someone else said even normal uni was impossible if you don't). I went to the most blashphemous high school so the doleful destiny was predictable, not to mention I was not assiduous.

I am not learning my liked major now so I gotta pivot. Q.P is really enthralling me and I like this major, a compound of empathizations and mathematics.

5'4 is short, but not super short for Chinese male, its like being 5'7 in America.

your iq is 46 and you have a degree in computer science? and 58-61 percentile? that doesn't make much sense that would place you around 110 iq or so if it maps directly. Are you using a translator because the word choices and information here is strange, or just good a good speaker of English?
19 yrs old

Sorcerer

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2023, 01:54:23 AM »

5'4 is short, but not super short for Chinese male, its like being 5'7 in America.

your iq is 46 and you have a degree in computer science? and 58-61 percentile? that doesn't make much sense that would place you around 110 iq or so if it maps directly. Are you using a translator because the word choices and information here is strange, or just good a good speaker of English?
Yeah but basically I was wording myself. I like using rare words because applying them into my wordings can improve my lexicon.   

oklama

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2023, 02:04:43 AM »

Yeah but basically I was wording myself. I like using rare words because applying them into my wordings can improve my lexicon.

I understand why you think thats a good idea, but its not really a good idea for two reasons

1. it can come off badly/obviously if you overdo it

2. a higher lexicon is not necessarily a good thing, small and more understandable words are ALWAYS better then larger words unless it is literally not possible or much quicker to use bigger words. It's better to be relatable and easily understandable. People won't think "oh this guy is so smart because he's using big words" they will think "this guy is trying to sound smart by using big words"
19 yrs old

junior006

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2023, 02:36:35 PM »

definitely worth at 162cm

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2023, 05:47:39 PM »

I will not date any shorty for my kids, if I really gotta have a kid, who is also successful. This is another benefit we can have from doing this surgery.

Consider gene surgery. Using these technologies as a means to secure a mate that will boost the overall height of your children seems like a waste of time when the resulting organism will have other, genuinely serious shortcomings. Like an affinity for specific diseases. To be honest…with regards to LL there really isn’t a limit. Not many clinicians will tell you that. But you can do a lot. Optimize for more than just scale.

You’re better off using the funds to work towards a PhD in genetics to be honest. You would reach out to the Quake lab at Stanford or Jenn at Berkeley.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 06:25:56 PM by sphenopetroclival »

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2023, 05:52:39 PM »

watch Cyborg's videos particularly his interviews with professionals

Cyborg; while cool, isn’t a medical professional and, to the best of my knowledge, does not have any peer reviewed case reports at reputable journals directly related (or external) to LL. Expert endorsements and novel peer reviewed medical publications are not the same.

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up