Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Debating 2nd surgery - mockups inside  (Read 1750 times)

p00293

Debating 2nd surgery - mockups inside
« on: March 19, 2023, 02:18:55 PM »

Hi,

Got surgery on femur booked for this month, hoping to get 8cm. I'm 171cm tall right now.

Debating whether to go for the 2nd surgery after on tibia, assuming all is fine with the first surgery. Would sole the femur/tibia ratio issue but of course then you get into problems with upper/lower body split.

Here's the mockup. Middle pic is me currently (171cm). Left is +8 on femur, right is +8 on femur and +5 on tibia (so +13 total). Personally I don't think the +13 in total mockup looks that bad, but I'd be full of inherent bias and so these things are best to get independent opinion on.

https://imgur.com/a/z2nLlRf

oklama

Re: Debating 2nd surgery - mockups inside
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2023, 08:21:29 PM »

I think all of them look fine but the +13 might look strange to some ppl
19 yrs old
goal: 173 (8cm)
looking at giotikas or becker
maybe will get to 180cm eventually

sered22

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2023, 03:30:20 PM »

If I was you I would be doing 5-6 cm maximum.
Looks more natural and you will have maximised the lenght in terms of risk / reward. Lower risk for complications + easier to recover and 176-177 is enough to feel "normal".

p00293

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2023, 12:02:01 AM »

I think all of them look fine but the +13 might look strange to some ppl

Yeah this is my big internal debate. It'd be massive to go from 171 to 184, properly life changing, but definitely don't want a dwarf on stilts look.

Looks more natural and you will have maximised the lenght in terms of risk / reward. Lower risk for complications + easier to recover and 176-177 is enough to feel "normal".

Nah I'm definitely doing the first surgery and going for 8cm, not going through all this to still be below average height, it's not just about feeling normal.

Torbjorn

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2023, 11:20:46 AM »

I second that. If you really want to get really taller and look nice, you'll need 2 surgeries. You could easily do 6+4 and your proportions would be perfect... and with 181 new height, you will be taller than average with minimal risks.

Kanye Western

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2023, 02:21:08 PM »

I second this.

p00293

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2023, 02:25:26 PM »

I second that. If you really want to get really taller and look nice, you'll need 2 surgeries. You could easily do 6+4 and your proportions would be perfect... and with 181 new height, you will be taller than average with minimal risks.

Yeah the +13 (8+5) assumed 2 surgeries. First one is already booked and paid for so it's just a question of whether to go for round 2 afterwards.

Doesn't seem to be a ton of people saying the mockup looks unnatural so thats a good sign at least!

EndGame

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2023, 05:24:53 PM »

Yeah the +13 (8+5) assumed 2 surgeries. First one is already booked and paid for so it's just a question of whether to go for round 2 afterwards.

Doesn't seem to be a ton of people saying the mockup looks unnatural so thats a good sign at least!
What is your sitting height? I actually think the +13 looks unnatural. +8 seems ok.  Good luck on your LL journey

Shiaro

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2023, 04:29:01 PM »

with clothes on you'll look perfectly fine

p00293

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2023, 05:59:47 PM »

What is your sitting height? I actually think the +13 looks unnatural. +8 seems ok.  Good luck on your LL journey

How would I measure that? Surely it'd depend massively on the height of the chair itself?

Or do you mean sit on the floor with my back against the wall and measure my height there? In which case, I'm not sure - although I guess I could find out.

with clothes on you'll look perfectly fine

Yeah these things are hard to judge since let's face it, with clothes on is more important as that's 99% of how people see us, but it's pretty hard to do mockups with clothes.

Think a lot of what might make it look a bit weird is the legs look thin (rather than outrageously long) - which happens when you're stretching them during mockups, but wouldn't happen IRL, and if it did, it's nothing a bit of light leg training wouldn't take care of as I don't train them at all right now.

1team

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2023, 03:17:54 AM »

Like someone else said you have a torso that is too short for 13cm unless you want to cope with hiding with clothes it's too much. It looks like dwarf on stilts next to natural 6ft men.

Keep in mind this forum can be a bit of a safe space for short guys wanting to lengthen too much. Best advice find the average wing span and sitting height for a 6ft man I guarantee you'll be well under.

JON SNOW

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2023, 09:28:16 PM »

Looks long legged and unnatural-ish ( this part maybe is the mockup)  but within the range that occurs in humans

It would be interesting to know the ratio of true inseam / height,  .45 is avg ,  .48 and up is long legged

personally me with 170.25 cm so close to your height only plan to do only 6 cm Femur+ 4 cm Tibia,  Beyond that the recovery is exponential, as well as the increase in the occurrence of problems.

p00293

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2023, 12:10:51 AM »

Looks long legged and unnatural-ish ( this part maybe is the mockup)  but within the range that occurs in humans

It would be interesting to know the ratio of true inseam / height,  .45 is avg ,  .48 and up is long legged

personally me with 170.25 cm so close to your height only plan to do only 6 cm Femur+ 4 cm Tibia,  Beyond that the recovery is exponential, as well as the increase in the occurrence of problems.

I suppose the issue is fundamentally I'm not committed to a 2nd surgery - if I don't do a 2nd one I really wanna get the max 8cm from this one. I'm aware that many start off with the idea to do 2 surgeries but most ultimately only do 1, after all.

I concur with what you're saying that the far right looks long legged but possibly not entirely ridiculous. I wonder if that's enough since we're all specifically looking for it here - a normie on the street wouldn't be.

What I'll probably do is get as much out of this first lengthening as I can up to 8cm, then make another post with the +5 added onto that, as then how the +8cm first segment looks will be a known thing.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2023, 09:31:20 PM »

13 looks acceptable.

ballsackoffury123

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2023, 05:46:00 AM »

8 cm on femur and then burn any thought of CLL away. you wont wanna go through the pain and the journey twice trust me. it is a one time thing and you will never wanna look back.

JShnizzle

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2023, 05:32:36 AM »

Hi,

Weird question, but how long is your wingspan and how long are your fingers from your wrist to your ring finger? i am the same height as you and would like to see if i would have similar proportions
Pages: [1]   Go Up