Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How important are your 'grandparental' genes?  (Read 1192 times)

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
How important are your 'grandparental' genes?
« on: March 28, 2023, 03:27:07 PM »

I've made sure that I am short due to genes, but my parental genes are not very bad, 162-163/158cm barefoot and I am Chinese so by this pair of genes I can have been 168-170cm tall while I am only 162cm now. This is not normral due to the fact that China's average height is increasing along the generations.
My grandparental genes are bad though, because two of my grandmas are 143 and 146cm tall(not shrinked). I don't know my paternal grandpa's height but my maternal grandpa's height is not short(168cm tall when he was young).
My educated guess is I have inherited my grandma's genes.

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
Re: How important are your 'grandparental' genes?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2023, 06:05:00 PM »

I've made sure that I am short due to genes, but my parental genes are not very bad, 162-163/158cm barefoot and I am Chinese so by this pair of genes I can have been 168-170cm tall while I am only 162cm now. This is not normral due to the fact that China's average height is increasing along the generations.
My grandparental genes are bad though, because two of my grandmas are 143 and 146cm tall(not shrinked). I don't know my paternal grandpa's height but my maternal grandpa's height is not short(168cm tall when he was young).
My educated guess is I have inherited my grandma's genes.

My Chinese colleagues from USTC and Fudan are gene surgeons. Both of them are “short”. With novel techniques at this field and a little effort you could create whatever it is I think you want. They chose not to. Because they can still compete for resources and use what they win to live a balanced life. No need to exclude other humans from interacting with you because they don’t fit the profile of the organism you want to reproduce with for scale reasons only. You can do that synthetically if you REALLY want to (albeit illegally rn). You’re Chinese; a group that computes exceptionally well and has contributed much to humanity. Why stress out over trying to continually “optimize” towards the limit of continued optimization (which you’ll never achieve reproducing without gene surgery tech) when what you’ve got is enough to perpetuate your 🧬?  Just curious…some people are stuck in the LL universe.

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy

Sorcerer

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2023, 09:54:54 AM »

My Chinese colleagues from USTC and Fudan are gene surgeons. Both of them are “short”. With novel techniques at this field and a little effort you could create whatever it is I think you want. They chose not to. Because they can still compete for resources and use what they win to live a balanced life. No need to exclude other humans from interacting with you because they don’t fit the profile of the organism you want to reproduce with for scale reasons only. You can do that synthetically if you REALLY want to (albeit illegally rn). You’re Chinese; a group that computes exceptionally well and has contributed much to humanity. Why stress out over trying to continually “optimize” towards the limit of continued optimization (which you’ll never achieve reproducing without gene surgery tech) when what you’ve got is enough to perpetuate your 🧬?  Just curious…some people are stuck in the LL universe.
Well I made this post not to vouch for 'Eugenism'. i am just asking if my shortness was caused by grandparental genes because my parental heights are not so short that I can only have 162cm.

But yeha, Eugenism that selects on tall people is really ridiculous since:
1. If you contrive to obliterate all of 160+ men, then 170+ men become 'subhumans'. And if you contrive to obliterate all of 170+ men then 180+ men become subhumans. The journey will never end and I think any sane person will not agree upon Height Selection, but the incels will.
2. If you only value a person by his height, why not date a giraffe to 'improve' your genes?
3. It will reduce the diversity of genetic pool, which will compromise human's survivability.

I really hate some of the idiots here underlining how we should select on height because of how genetically inferior shortness is. As a side note I really hope the mods can do something to cease the influx of incels. I still don't get why some people here value one's life totally by how sexually appealing he is.

Sorcerer

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2023, 09:58:18 AM »

But anyway thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up