Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 17 year old boy  (Read 1627 times)

SilentGhost

• Visitor
17 year old boy
« on: May 13, 2023, 08:13:10 AM »

Hi, everyone!

I am a 17 year old boy from Canada and have been considering limb lengthening surgery for quite a while. People have made fun of me for my height at school (5 feet 4) and I don't think I'll grow anymore as my growth plates are closed. Doctors say that the growth plates on my legs and arms are closed, but they say that my torso could grow a few more cm if I do stretching.

My parents are the main cause for all of this since all of my other siblings are the taller than me. I have given up and it seems that this surgery could be the only way out. However, people at my school have been are aware of the surgery and I am scared to do anything. I was thinking of going through with the surgery this summer, so that I could be ready for school and walk more normally(my parents are okay with it), but I just don't want it to be well known or obvious.

I have been reading this forum for a while, but I also stumbled upon a d group where there is good feedback from Dr. Becker. Does someone have any experience with all of this and how I can cope, because I just can't take it anymore.

Emoragar

• Visitor
Re: 17 year old boy
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2023, 09:23:50 AM »

Hey Man,

I'm doing the surgery with Dr. Becker this summer. Maybe we can also talk about mindset, limb surgery is one thing, but I think you have to do it while being in the correct frame of mind. Shoot me a private message if you need anything.

Take care my man!

TheDream

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2023, 11:31:09 AM »

I was thinking of going through with the surgery this summer, so that I could be ready for school and walk more normally(my parents are okay with it), but I just don't want it to be well known or obvious.

You wouldnt be walking normally after summer. It takes much longer than that. You would show obvious signs.

Yau

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2023, 11:50:16 AM »

I think your school summer holiday is July and August. If u have surgery in July, u definitely can’t walk normally in September. If u recover well, maybe you can walk normally in December.

bookedbooksies

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2023, 12:05:59 PM »

Hi, everyone!

I am a 17 year old boy from Canada and have been considering limb lengthening surgery for quite a while. People have made fun of me for my height at school (5 feet 4) and I don't think I'll grow anymore as my growth plates are closed. Doctors say that the growth plates on my legs and arms are closed, but they say that my torso could grow a few more cm if I do stretching.

My parents are the main cause for all of this since all of my other siblings are the taller than me. I have given up and it seems that this surgery could be the only way out. However, people at my school have been are aware of the surgery and I am scared to do anything. I was thinking of going through with the surgery this summer, so that I could be ready for school and walk more normally(my parents are okay with it), but I just don't want it to be well known or obvious.

I have been reading this forum for a while, but I also stumbled upon a d group where there is good feedback from Dr. Becker. Does someone have any experience with all of this and how I can cope, because I just can't take it anymore.

oi laddie
here is the deal, you should not spend a single nanosecond thinking about what your school mates would say for your surgery because

1. its your life, and you will suffer for the entirety of your life if you dont do this surgery and get to human height. because of your young age you will think you would be able to make up for it with personality(kek) and accomplishments, but once you get to college age and god forbid, go to college, the true scale of your disability will hit you with the fury of a thousand mike tyson punches

2. those schoolmates of yours can go suck a deek as far as you should be concerned, they are already 5'9 and ++ and have no idea about your suffering and how much you will suffer in the future as well, anything they say of the sort of "its just height bro!", "make it up in other ways bro!", "just be more confident bro!" are useless memes that will only serve to harm you and your chances in the game of life

3. you are lucky as hell that your parents are already on board to pay for your surgeries(yes you need both femur and tibia after)

4. you should skip one year of school to focus on the first surgery(femurs for max increase of 4 inches), you are young so you will recover very well and fast for which you're also lucky

5. youre turbo manlet height so even if your school mates know about your surgery, everyone will forget within like a week, and also you could change schools and block all your friends from your old school if its such a big deal for you

many members of this forum have finally saved the money for this surgery in their 30s so imagine the horror of spending your prime years (your 20s), at your invisible height, girls are height nazis these days so it would be over for you before you even hit 20
LIKE A BAWSS
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64498.0
If anyone wants to visit me: put in your google maps 44°31'50.4"N 18°38'58.1"E

SilentGhost

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2023, 12:47:21 PM »

Hi, everyone!

I am overwhelmed from all of your support. It really does mean a lot to me.

I was thinking of getting the limb lenghtening surgery for femurs first -- 6-6.5 cm (because the recovery is faster and so I don't make "wide legs"). After some years, I hope to do tibia.

I know you say that school mates can go suck it, but in my school, the values are so messed up, that me, as a 5feet4 boy I don't really have anything to show or prove myself. Doing the surgery would only make me more vulnerable to even more bullying. I was thinking of skipping a year of school (and be online for awhile), but that would again be some kind of a sign.

I don't know...it is just a lot to deal with both physically and emotionally. Furthermore, as I was so depressed these few months, I stopped working out and everything went to  .

I met up online with a patient of Dr. Becker who is in his 40s and he is already on 5.3 cm femurs and he walks great with crutches.

What do you think?

informationispower

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2023, 12:56:49 PM »

If your parents are paying and you live in the states I would recommend Paley, Assayag and Rozbruch. At your age the recovery should be pretty quick.
This is one of the rare times I agree with the black pill members and think that at 5'3 this surgery is a must in order to have a normal dating life

bookedbooksies

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2023, 01:18:41 PM »

1. yes femurs first, because you can gain the most on the femur, higher vascularity(surrounded on all sides by thick muscle) leads to better nutrition and oxigenation of the break site

2. if your surgery includes IT Band release you will not get wide legs

3. 6-6.5cm is not the most you can get out of this, you should strive for 10 cm as youre young and can recover this "usually on the upper limit" amount

the thing is, you live in Canada, and there is some female doctor there doing precice, which is a magnetic nail and admittedly the most comfortable nail on the market as you extend it with a magnetic machine that you put on your leg every day 4 times, but precice is a flimsy non weight bearing nail so i would not recommend it. non weight bearing means full wheelchair mode for 5-6 months and insane lower body atrophy. i mean yeah, you can walk with a walker if youre super light, but why risk bending the nail? one wrong step and you bend the nail! after that you need a new surgery to extract the nail and insert a new one, and you pay for the surgery out of pocket too, it wont be free!

so you should convince your parents to let you fly over to Europe where you can pick these WEIGHT BEARING nail options such as "Betzbone" - becker in germany, G-NAIL - dr guichet in london/milano, or G-NAIL with giotikas in athens, greece

the general forum opinion is that G-Nail with giotikas is your best choice out of these 3, as he is very experienced, and charges the least amount of money for it, at 47000 eur

4. you should definitely take 1 year online school, basically when the summer vacation starts plan to do your surgery, and plan to have absolutely free schedule for at least 1-1.5 months after the surgery to concentrate on recovery and the lengthening process and therapy, after that you can start doing some online work for school as you will get into a proper routine

you can fly back from europe to canada in 2 months and then send xrays to the doctor every 3 weeks

5. if youre bullied for your height, you definitely need this surgery. forget about your school mates seriously, focus on the surgery and yourself

6. if you resurface after you can walk properly you can tell you had a late growth spurt and thats it, no biggie

anyway, im hoping your parents are open to the idea of doing the surgery in europe, and arent some blue pilled cucks thinking that you should do it in Canada with gdalevitch(lol, a woman doctor for LL) and then you just get a lower body xray in canada and make online consults with the xrays with becker, guichet and giotikas and you pick the doc you like the most and go for it

TIME TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE BUDDY BOYO

GOOD LUCK
LIKE A BAWSS

TheDream

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2023, 01:40:08 PM »

SilentGhost this is genuine advice, from someone who also had height neurosis in high school. I’m talking to you now as I would to my younger self.

Forget about doing LL while in high school. I know emotionally you are in a lot of distress. But it wont end well trying to mix LL with school. It will just cause more pain and difficulties.

You are very young, and you have lots of time to do LL. For now focus on completing school. I know you really desire respect etc. from the others because it is only human.

But realize this: if people are disrespecting you because of your height it is because you are in an unhealthy environment etc.

I would also recommend talking to a therapist about the emotional distress. Not to talk you out of LL. Because that is your choice. But simply to talk about the emotional distress from the disrespect etc. Because they can be a great help in managing emotions in an unhealthy environment and not let it affect your focus in School and the gym.

The best move you can do, and I wish I could turn back time and do this myself, is just to focus 100% on School and gym/sports.

Once you have completed school you could take a year off to focus on LL.

bookedbooksies

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2023, 01:57:45 PM »

SilentGhost this is genuine advice, from someone who also had height neurosis in high school. I’m talking to you now as I would to my younger self.

Forget about doing LL while in high school. I know emotionally you are in a lot of distress. But it wont end well trying to mix LL with school. It will just cause more pain and difficulties.

You are very young, and you have lots of time to do LL. For now focus on completing school. I know you really desire respect etc. from the others because it is only human.

But realize this: if people are disrespecting you because of your height it is because you are in an unhealthy environment etc.

I would also recommend talking to a therapist about the emotional distress. Not to talk you out of LL. Because that is your choice. But simply to talk about the emotional distress from the disrespect etc. Because they can be a great help in managing emotions in an unhealthy environment and not let it affect your focus in School and the gym.

The best move you can do, and I wish I could turn back time and do this myself, is just to focus 100% on School and gym/sports.

i dont agree with your advice

1. its school, its not college. school doesnt even matter in the grand scheme of things. school is just where you get high enough grades to be able to get into a college with the specialty you want

you advise him to do one more year of school and get 1 more year of bullying memories imprinted forever in his brain

2. gym? what gym at 5'4? lmao

OP should be doing LL THIS SUMMER if he wants to save himself the mental trauma of more bullying, and more depression. take action NOW
LIKE A BAWSS

TheDream

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2023, 02:38:18 PM »

i dont agree with your advice

1. its school, its not college. school doesnt even matter in the grand scheme of things. school is just where you get high enough grades to be able to get into a college with the specialty you want

you advise him to do one more year of school and get 1 more year of bullying memories imprinted forever in his brain

No. I am advising him to focus on finishing high school and doing well on his assignments and exams. Then taking a gap year between high school and college or between high school and working to focus on LL if that is what he goes for.

You don’t want to be having assignments with deadlines, exams etc. while dealing with LL. You want to be able to focus 100% on LL when doing that.

Otherwise it will affect both his grades at school and his LL negatively as it is too much at once. You don’t want to be rushing either to try and keep up with the other.

2. gym? what gym at 5'4? lmao

OP should be doing LL THIS SUMMER if he wants to save himself the mental trauma of more bullying, and more depression. take action NOW

Physical activity is important. It doesn’t matter what height you have. It’s not to be done as a prestige thing to try and obtain status. But simply to be in good cardiovascular form as well as having good physical strength.

Doing LL this summer would mean he couldn’t even finish lengthening by the time school begins again yet alone consolidation and physical training.

You need peace and quiet to focus on LL. This isn’t a hair transplant. Do you think they wouldn’t just bully him more if he came back in a wheelchair and had LL done? What world do you live in.

p00293

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2023, 02:44:31 PM »

Anyone who even mentions the words 'therapy' should be banned and sent all the way back to the reddit soy sub they came from. No, muh therapy won't help you overcome bullying and feelings of inadequacy for being short - because you ARE inadequate, that's just a fact, society has determined tall is good and short is bad, you actually ARE the inferior of tall people in the eyes of society, and no amount of bluepilled bull  about 'focusing on yourself' will change that. Everyone cares about what others think, it's healthy to care about what others think and it's how society functions. Do not spend a single cent on (((therapy))) sessions, put it all towards LL and recovery time.

Don't 'focus on school' (i.e. bury yourself in your books) like some Asian studycel, there is no reason one cannot get decent grades AND have a social life, it's just going to require you to be taller.

OP - get the surgery ASAP, 5ft 3 is death tier and you're going to need a couple of surgeries to get you up to a normal height of around 5ft 9. Which still isn't great tbh but it kicks the hell out of 5ft 3, you'll at least have a chance at dating then.

TheDream

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2023, 02:55:49 PM »

Anyone who even mentions the words 'therapy' should be banned and sent all the way back to the reddit soy sub they came from. No, muh therapy won't help you overcome bullying and feelings of inadequacy for being short - because you ARE inadequate, that's just a fact, society has determined tall is good and short is bad, you actually ARE the inferior of tall people in the eyes of society, and no amount of bluepilled bull  about 'focusing on yourself' will change that. Everyone cares about what others think, it's healthy to care about what others think and it's how society functions. Do not spend a single cent on (((therapy))) sessions, put it all towards LL and recovery time.

Don't 'focus on school' (i.e. bury yourself in your books) like some Asian studycel, there is no reason one cannot get decent grades AND have a social life, it's just going to require you to be taller.

OP - get the surgery ASAP, 5ft 3 is death tier and you're going to need a couple of surgeries to get you up to a normal height of around 5ft 9. Which still isn't great tbh but it kicks the hell out of 5ft 3, you'll at least have a chance at dating then.

Again. I’m not saying he should get therapy as an alternative to LL. But to help process the negative emotions, and keep the focus on school to complete it as well as possible. Then taking a gap year between high school and college if he wants to do LL. So he can focus fully on lengthening and recovery, and not risking having to move around campus in a wheelchair and having to worry about deadlines and examinations while doing LL.

bookedbooksies

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2023, 03:24:42 PM »

Again. I’m not saying he should get therapy as an alternative to LL. But to help process the negative emotions, and keep the focus on school to complete it as well as possible. Then taking a gap year between high school and college if he wants to do LL. So he can focus fully on lengthening and recovery, and not risking having to move around campus in a wheelchair and having to worry about deadlines and examinations while doing LL.

OP disregard this guy's posts

do not do precice and you wont need a wheelchair, you will be on crutches with the weight bearing options I outlined above and after the initial surgery you need about 1 month - 1 month and a half to get back to a suitable mental space where you would be able to do your online school stuff, if you time this period to be over the summer break, you can do your online school classes sufficiently focused enough while doing the lengthening back at home in canada

the lengthening will take about 4 to 4.5 months after which point you just stop doing your daily turns and just continue with the daily physical therapy and stretching, and you can do that while doing school work if your time management is on point

having the support and help of your parents is the key in this, and hoping your parents are nice and caring people because they need to be patient with you over this period.

plan to be back walking normally for the next school year, i dont know how long is school in canada, but youre 17 now so i guess you got 2 more years or what?
LIKE A BAWSS

SilentGhost

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2023, 03:49:07 PM »

Hello again, guys!

I am surprised from all of the feedback and support that you guys give me. It really does mean a lot, as I was scared to write in this forum for a long time.

To bring you guys some context, I will be incredibly honest. I have not been in a good mental space for over a year now, and though my parents support me with the surgery, I just hate them for what they did and the fact they didn't notice that I was smaller from my other siblings.

Doing the surgery now, would be a good decision, but I don't know if I would be able to as I have been living a very bad lifestyle lately as nothing doesn't make sense anymore and at the end of the day it is a pretty risky surgery. And I am scared it will hurt a lot and if it will affect my sport abilities. Have any of you guys done the surgery? What do you think?

Also, from what I understand stride will come at the end of this year, but Paley will only do surgeries with it in the first year(and I am required to stay 3 months in the US). Is it worth it to wait for it?

Kanye Western

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2023, 04:02:08 PM »

Hi OP,

First things first, where are you from? EU? Also, we share the same mindset about fast recovery and lengthening conservatively. I am currently doing LL with the betzbone and I'm currently on day 18 post OP, and today I can walk without crutches around the house. My hips sway, and I don't have much strength on the legs atm, but overtime will improve. If you plan to do 6cm with the betzbone, you'll be more than able to go back to school after summer (if you do surgery at start of summer). Don't listen to these guys, most of them talk trash.

You mentioned about the d page about LL? Shoot a message into the "community chat" explaining your dilemma, and we can talk more there.

TheDream

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2023, 04:16:15 PM »

To bring you guys some context, I will be incredibly honest. I have not been in a good mental space for over a year now, and though my parents support me with the surgery, I just hate them for what they did and the fact they didn't notice that I was smaller from my other siblings.

That’s why I suggested therapy. Not because there is something wrong with you, but because it can be a good place to talk to someone well trained about these complicated emotions. And help you process / deal with them in a healthy way, so they are not just running wild inside of you and you are alone with them. You don’t even have to mention LL if you don’t want to, but simply the feelings you have about your parents, school etc.
When these negative feelings are given free reign as we can’t talk to anyone about them they consume us as we go in a really bad mental state, and can’t be as consistent with school, gym etc. which just makes it even worse.

Doing the surgery now, would be a good decision, but I don't know if I would be able to as I have been living a very bad lifestyle lately as nothing doesn't make sense anymore and at the end of the day it is a pretty risky surgery. And I am scared it will hurt a lot and if it will affect my sport abilities. Have any of you guys done the surgery? What do you think?

The pain varies in intensity, depending on many things such as how much you lengthen, how fast you lengthen, how well you stretch, and other factors, but you should be realistic and expect pain when going through this. You should not rush into this. That would be very unwise. Take your time and read up on it.

Also, from what I understand stride will come at the end of this year, but Paley will only do surgeries with it in the first year(and I am required to stay 3 months in the US). Is it worth it to wait for it?

Stryde does have very good weight bearing properties which means you are much more mobile during the whole process. When Stryde comes out exactly I do not know. But again. My recommendation is do not rush into this. Take your time. Finish school. You could maybe visit either Paley or another institute and ask questions / have your x rays taken and get an opinion from the doctors. With no rush or stress.

This is the healthiest way in my opinion.

p00293

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2023, 05:08:48 PM »

Hello again, guys!

I am surprised from all of the feedback and support that you guys give me. It really does mean a lot, as I was scared to write in this forum for a long time.

Dude at the end of the day you're 5ft 3. You might just have to accept you're going to be bad at sports in return for the height you NEED to function normally in life. Quite frankly amateur sports isn't important next to being tall, and if you're bad at some irrelevant 5 a side football match it doesn't matter vs having the height you'll need to have any dating success.

I'm lengthening now (gnail - a weight bearing nail). There's good days and bad days, but even the bad days are always manageable. I'd say there's a constant 2-3/10 pain in the legs, more in the form of soreness, like if you worked them out too hard and had terrible DOMS the next day - that sort of "pain" is constant. From time to time it shoots up a bit - if you move the legs into a bad position, or during some clicking sessions - but it's never truly unbearable.

And whatever the pain is, it'll be nothing compared to the pain you'd suffer of living life as a 5ft 3 man.

shortisnotfun

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2023, 09:13:20 PM »

Dude at the end of the day you're 5ft 3. You might just have to accept you're going to be bad at sports in return for the height you NEED to function normally in life. Quite frankly amateur sports isn't important next to being tall, and if you're bad at some irrelevant 5 a side football match it doesn't matter vs having the height you'll need to have any dating success.

I'm lengthening now (gnail - a weight bearing nail). There's good days and bad days, but even the bad days are always manageable. I'd say there's a constant 2-3/10 pain in the legs, more in the form of soreness, like if you worked them out too hard and had terrible DOMS the next day - that sort of "pain" is constant. From time to time it shoots up a bit - if you move the legs into a bad position, or during some clicking sessions - but it's never truly unbearable.

And whatever the pain is, it'll be nothing compared to the pain you'd suffer of living life as a 5ft 3 man.

Yes, it is true, I was a 5'3 man. I'm 25 right now, but if I could do this surgery earlier I would have done it.
Either way, I recommend OP do some soul searching and see if he actually wants to get this done right now or wait a little longer.
My story of how Yuksel Yurttas crippled me:

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=85804.0

Emoragar

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2023, 11:13:58 PM »

oi laddie
here is the deal, you should not spend a single nanosecond thinking about what your school mates would say for your surgery because

1. its your life, and you will suffer for the entirety of your life if you dont do this surgery and get to human height. because of your young age you will think you would be able to make up for it with personality(kek) and accomplishments, but once you get to college age and god forbid, go to college, the true scale of your disability will hit you with the fury of a thousand mike tyson punches

2. those schoolmates of yours can go suck a deek as far as you should be concerned, they are already 5'9 and ++ and have no idea about your suffering and how much you will suffer in the future as well, anything they say of the sort of "its just height bro!", "make it up in other ways bro!", "just be more confident bro!" are useless memes that will only serve to harm you and your chances in the game of life

3. you are lucky as hell that your parents are already on board to pay for your surgeries(yes you need both femur and tibia after)

4. you should skip one year of school to focus on the first surgery(femurs for max increase of 4 inches), you are young so you will recover very well and fast for which you're also lucky

5. youre turbo manlet height so even if your school mates know about your surgery, everyone will forget within like a week, and also you could change schools and block all your friends from your old school if its such a big deal for you

many members of this forum have finally saved the money for this surgery in their 30s so imagine the horror of spending your prime years (your 20s), at your invisible height, girls are height nazis these days so it would be over for you before you even hit 20

I Agree 100% in everything.

informationispower

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2023, 11:14:06 PM »

Agree. At 5'3 there is no chance for a normal dating life. Would do the surgery asap after school and do 3 inches if I were you

1team

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2023, 12:27:36 AM »

Like 10 years ago very few people knew of this surgery now thanks to Turkish clinics and some US doctors who have been making tiktoks and going all over mainstream media it's ruined it for people who don't have good proportions after surgery.

This guy is 5'4 no way he will be able to look anything like a regular 5'9 guy without zoomers who know about LL calling him out. The time when people could get away with that is long gone.

Countdown to YouTube compilations of bad post LL proportion videos.

p00293

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2023, 06:05:25 AM »

Like 10 years ago very few people knew of this surgery now thanks to Turkish clinics and some US doctors who have been making tiktoks and going all over mainstream media it's ruined it for people who don't have good proportions after surgery.

This guy is 5'4 no way he will be able to look anything like a regular 5'9 guy without zoomers who know about LL calling him out. The time when people could get away with that is long gone.

Countdown to YouTube compilations of bad post LL proportion videos.

Less than 1% of the population even knows this surgery exists.

Your post reads like those "the average zoomer is 6ft 1 and wearing lifts" autism posts, the root of which is way too much time spent on forums and not enough away from the computer.

1team

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2023, 06:52:32 AM »

Less than 1% of the population even knows this surgery exists.

Your post reads like those "the average zoomer is 6ft 1 and wearing lifts" autism posts, the root of which is way too much time spent on forums and not enough away from the computer.

Amongst boomers I could believe and amongst poverty countries sure but no way in hell a larger percentage of younger people from wealthy nations are not at least aware of limb lengthening. They won't know detail but the knowledge it existing had spread massively in the last few years.

It's cope to think people on the street will see someone who used to be 5'4 go to 5'9 and think something isn't off. The general public are stupid but that is next level delusion.

p00293

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2023, 08:05:28 AM »

Amongst boomers I could believe and amongst poverty countries sure but no way in hell a larger percentage of younger people from wealthy nations are not at least aware of limb lengthening. They won't know detail but the knowledge it existing had spread massively in the last few years.

It's cope to think people on the street will see someone who used to be 5'4 go to 5'9 and think something isn't off. The general public are stupid but that is next level delusion.

How often have you walked down the street, in the grocery store or whatever, and walked past a guy and think "he's had LL".

Yeah, that's right, never. And as someone who is on this forum you'd actually be more likely to notice than a normie.

You think people are aware of it but really it's just the circles you hang out in - likely here, and places like looksmax, and other redpill/blackpill places. It's like you probably search for LL videos on tiktok and then conclude "LL videos are all over tiktok", when all that's happening is you're seeing stuff you're specifically searching for.

hippo60

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2023, 11:51:26 AM »

You didn't do LL, did you?

SilentGhost

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2023, 12:03:13 PM »

Hi guys. Sorry for not answering earlier.

Otherwise it will affect both his grades at school and his LL negatively as it is too much at once. You don’t want to be rushing either to try and keep up with the other.

The thing is I am already behind all of this stuff. My grades are  , I don't go out of my room and it feels like my life is not worth living. I want to have the strength to do the surgery, but I am so fking scared of what people will think, recovery time, athleticism (even though
You might just have to accept you're going to be bad at sports in return for the height you NEED to function normally in life. Quite frankly amateur sports isn't important next to being tall, and if you're bad at some irrelevant 5 a side football match it doesn't matter vs having the height you'll need to have any dating success.
p00293 is right in that aspect.)

It is just a lot to deal with and I don't know where to begin with, considering the fact that this could have all been prevented if somebody was paying attention that I was growing slower than my other siblings.

I am scared of the pain and don't know when it will be a good time to do it. I read a lot of good points for both doing it over the summer or just waiting after I finish high school. It is just easier said than actually deciding.

Moreover, regarding proportions, my arms are not long, so if I do the surgery I have to at least look normal. My tibia is also smaller, but I think the first surgery would be femurs as it is easier and I am not in a good mental and physical space to do tibia.

Thank you very much for all of your help, it really does mean a lot.

hippo60

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2023, 02:13:35 PM »

OK buddy I'm going to say a couple of things you may not like but it's time someone said it.

First of all, enough with the victim card. It's not helpful and only brings you back to this vicious cycle. What your parents should've done? Growth hormones? Even if you were given, it's hard to know exactly how much impact it would've had. But regardless, it doesn't matter anymore, that's in the past, and you can't do anything about it anymore. It's time to move on, and focus on what you can do right now to improve your life (and there is plenty, even without LL).

2 months isn't enough time to do LL. The lengthening alone takes about 3 months (could be even longer!) and then you're looking at a few more months of recovering (at least). It depends on a couple of factors (like which nail you use) but you should prepare for that. I assume doing it after high school makes a lot more sense then.

If you do that, and then go to collage / university - who is even going to know your pre LL height? Exactly, nobody. Moreover, I imagine you didn't walk with a megaphone to your school shouting your growth plates are closed, right? So you can always say you had a late growth spurt. Given your taller siblings, I'd be surprised if anyone will give this another thought. Another thing you should understand, and it becomes really clear as you get older - people don't really care about you whole that much. Everybody are full with their own insecurities and worry about themselves, not just you.

As for athleticism - no, he's not right about it. If you're not very athletic right now - don't expect to get better after LL, and if you are - you'll likely be athletic after LL as well. You should be prepared to lose some (!!!) athletic ability, but definitely not to the point that you can't be any good or enjoy sports.

As for the pain - I'm not going to tell you it's easy (both physically and mentally). I'd say, for most people - it's bad, but not as bad as you think.  You do get pain killers to help, so it's not like you're suffering for many months nonstop. Most of the pain is in the first few weeks from the surgery itself, and then it gets a lot better. If you do run into muscle or nerve pain while lengthening, you're able to slow down to help you deal with it better.

Don't worry about your proportions too much. It's not to be dismissed entirely but it's definitely given a lot more importance (and obsession) pre surgery than it should. You should have a consultation with a doctor and they'll tell you whether they think you should do tibias or femurs. It's typically recommended to do femurs because it recovers faster and better, and you can gain more height. You can measure your wingspan if you're worried about it, but most likely it's fine.

I'll end by saying - LL is complicated and scary! We all felt the same way at some point, but as you learn about the process and about people who went through it - you're going to feel more comfortable with it (or decide it's not for you, which is also fine). If you're serious about changing your life and doing LL, it's time to put on the big boy pants, drop the victim card, and do the research. There is a lot of good information on this forum and on youtube, which is a great start. Good luck!

TheDream

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2023, 04:38:49 PM »

The thing is I am already behind all of this stuff. My grades are  , I don't go out of my room and it feels like my life is not worth living. I want to have the strength to do the surgery, but I am so fking scared of what people will think, recovery time, athleticism (even though p00293 is right in that aspect.)

You need to face these fears/problems first. Building up your self esteem. As boys we need to face our fears and overcome them to gain self confidence and mental well being. That’s why I suggested talking to a therapist. Not because there is anything wrong with you or wanting to do LL. But as a help to try and face these mental battles like school, gym etc. and overcome them.

Avoiding facing these problems because it is scary / uncomfortable will only keep you feeling bad as you do not develop from the confidence of overcoming them

I am only saying this to you because I was exactly like you back then. So it is like talking to my younger self or to a younger brother.

You can do it. It is not hopeless. You just need to do a little bit every day. And not avoid. You need to build up your bravery if you one day want to do LL.

p00293

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2023, 06:13:50 PM »

As for athleticism - no, he's not right about it. If you're not very athletic right now - don't expect to get better after LL, and if you are - you'll likely be athletic after LL as well. You should be prepared to lose some (!!!) athletic ability, but definitely not to the point that you can't be any good or enjoy sports.

Depends how much you lengthen, soycuck. At this sort of height - well actually at any sort of height sub-6ft, you'd be better off lengthening an extra couple of centimetres even in the full knowledge that you're going to be crap at sports for the rest of your life. Because sports aren't important at all once you leave high school. I've not played a single second of any sport since graduating uni, and the overwhelming majority of normies at most will do gym. It's a very small minority that play sports, and if you have to give that up, it is what it is, height is more important than being able to play some amateur football or cricket etc.

So long as you can walk, run short distances, and go up and downstairs with no problem, that's 99% of what you'll be using your legs for in the 'real world'. Muh football, muh squatting etc isn't important, if it's a sacrifice that needs making, so be it.

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2023, 06:26:14 PM »

What your parents should've done? Growth hormones? Even if you were given, it's hard to know exactly how much impact it would've had.

rHGH is quite cheap if it's not like...Eli Lily grade. Chinese blue/green tops are inexpensive and it's easy for minors to order stuff like this at a clandestine way to their doorsteps before their plates are fused. More than you'd expect actually do this; and many parents (particularly with those that force their children into competitive sports) provide their children resources to procure this stuff...or just order it themselves from old websites like ehealthpill. rHGH, used on youth is the reason you see some outliers at the high end of the spectrum in many, many cases. People like to pretend novel pharmaceutical technology doesn't exist and it's weird to see.

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up