Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm 5'4 and dont want to mess up my athletic performance in the long run  (Read 2185 times)

bongobanger420

• Visitor

I've been looking around and eventually found this place.

I'm 5'4 and am considering getting both my tibia and femurs lengthened, but a small amount. I am thinking like 5-6 cms on my femur, and 2-3cms.

My main concern is getting back to the shape i am in now. I am 34, about 155lbs and have competed in powerlifting/weightlifting/crossfit all my life. For reference my best Powerlifting squat was 520 in a meet, and i am running near a 20 min 5k right now.

Is it unrealistic to hope for a complete recovery to where i am now? I would even take 2 surgeries on both the femur and tibia to get a total of 6 cms, if it meant i am near 100% afterwards, but dont know if hoping for a full recovery is an unrealistic expectation.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

p00293

I've been looking around and eventually found this place.

I'm 5'4 and am considering getting both my tibia and femurs lengthened, but a small amount. I am thinking like 5-6 cms on my femur, and 2-3cms.

My main concern is getting back to the shape i am in now. I am 34, about 155lbs and have competed in powerlifting/weightlifting/crossfit all my life. For reference my best Powerlifting squat was 520 in a meet, and i am running near a 20 min 5k right now.

Is it unrealistic to hope for a complete recovery to where i am now? I would even take 2 surgeries on both the femur and tibia to get a total of 6 cms, if it meant i am near 100% afterwards, but dont know if hoping for a full recovery is an unrealistic expectation.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

What is it with this place and wierdos who are obsessed with whether they can squat again?

Height>>>>incel lifts like squatting. No one cares how much you can squat, or even if you squat at all. Everyone cares if you're tall or not.

Anyway if you're into pro weightlifting you'll know damn well the altered biomechanics of longer legs will negatively impact your deadlift and squat, so even if you did recover 100% you'll likely not lift the same as you used to simply because you'll now have to move the bar further than you did when you were shorter.

Yau

Hope Dr Assayag will answer these questions😆.
He was online here yesterday.

bookedbooksies

• Visitor

Hope Dr Assayag will answer these questions😆.
He was online here yesterday.

as if dr Assayag will waste his time answering obvious stuff

let me save the good doctor's time and answer it myself - it is 100% certain you WILL NOT recover to your old strength if you even extend even 1 cm on the femur, let alone doing quadrilateral

END OF STORY

so now OP need to decide do you want to be a battle gnome forklift manlet or you want to get to human eye level as you get older and your looks(if you have any) start fading and stature becomes a more distinctive feature about you and the respect you get from your peers and strangers

but either way, youre 34 yo, youre behind your physical prime(simple biology), you will never be able to lift the amount you lifted in your best days so why sweat it?

extend your legs and rid yourself of this curse

on another note, always been fascinated by the futility of the "sport" called powerlifting. oh look at me i can lift 500 pounds of iron discs and exert my body with so much effort that my entire head gets all red veiny and is about to burst like the vsauce mind blow intro while i squish and compress my entire body and vertebrae and joints for the cheers of some crowd of beefcakes

like whats the point of this brutaility over oneself? a basic cheap chinese forklift can lift like 3000 pounds easy and they have forklifts that can go up to 50000 pounds

now tennis a good sport i can get behind

cheers buddy boyos
LIKE A BAWSS
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64498.0
If anyone wants to visit me: put in your google maps 44°31'50.4"N 18°38'58.1"E

bongobanger420

• Visitor

This place is the most toxic place i have ever seen.
jesus christ, there is something wrong with you all.

bongobanger420

• Visitor

i'm not doing this for anyone else,
im doing this for me, i want to be the best version in my own minds.

you clearly have mental issues on top of being a manlet.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 01:22:40 PM by bongobanger420 »

bongobanger420

• Visitor

i never said powerlifting was a sport it what i like to do for fun, its stupid as a sport, and people who devote their lives to it are cringe.

but on a different not wtf is wrong with you dude? i asked a simple question and you spew negativity like this?
this is a serious question, i want an answer, are you mentally disabled?

edit: youre from bosnia, a country with an average iq of 65, so i got my answer, even if you dont think you are, you are to the rest of us.

informationispower

First of all, you are right that this place is full of mentally ill people

Second, you wont be back to your best self afterwards but by lengthening conservative amounts you will be able to come close. From my personal observations of diaries and videos on the web, it seems that people who lengthened a max of 6-6.5cms on their femurs got back to a pretty good level of athletisism. About tibias, if you would lengthen 2-4cms I believe the same will apply.

Going from 5'3/5'4 to around 5'7 imo is worth it

p00293

i never said powerlifting was a sport it what i like to do for fun, its stupid as a sport, and people who devote their lives to it are cringe.

but on a different not wtf is wrong with you dude? i asked a simple question and you spew negativity like this?

edit: youre from bosnia, a country with an average iq of 65, so i got my answer, even if you dont think you are, you are to the rest of us.

The fact is if you put a higher priority over how much you can squat over getting taller when you're 5ft 4, you're the mentally ill one.

No one gives one single sh*t how much you can squat. It's a weird thing to focus on - hurrr how many plates can I load on this bar on my back and then go up and down with it. No one cares. It doesn't help one bit in life. While being taller has a wide array of social, romantic, and even financial benefits.

If you could get an extra 0.1cm of height and the tradeoff was never heavy squatting again, you should take it, nevermind if we're talking about multiple centimetres.

hippo60

Hi man, as you've already noted, unfortunately there are a couple of mentally ill people in this forum, and the mods refuse to handle the situation. Specifically p00293. This dude never lifted anything in his life (he uploaded pictures recently, you can easily tell), so obviously he has nothing to add on this topic. Beyond clearly being mentally ill, he's under the assumption dating is the only reason to live, and the sole reason for doing LL. And to top all of that he also has the social skills of a chimpanzee (and I'm being generous). He's behaving like a pathetic, miserable loser in every single thread. So, really, it's best just to ignore him and move on.

Now that we got this out of the way, I'll do my best to help as I'm in a somewhat similar position. I can't talk about recovery because I just finished lengthening, but my starting height was similar to yours, and while I'm nowhere near your numbers, I did squat about 360.

I'm doing LL with Dr. Rozbruch, who is one of the best (if not the best) LL doctor in the world. I specifically asked him about weightlifting in my consultation, as I care about it as well, and he told me about weightlifters and bodybuilders doing LL and recovering. You also have Victor (Cyborg 4 Life) who did lengthening on one leg due to leg discrepancy and he's a competing bodybuilder.

It's important to understand that the process is very individualistic, and while the assumption is less lengthening = better and faster recovery, it's still impossible to tell where exactly you're going to be after LL.

The short answer is, if you're still competing and it's important for you - it's probably best to wait with LL, until you're done with that part of your life. If you are, and treat it more of a hobby (a very serious one, nonetheless) - then you can do LL. You'll be lifting weights again, but you need to come to peace with the reasonable scenario that you may not reach these numbers again. Just the fact that your bio-mechanics are different (especially if you only do one segment) is enough to make your squat worse, even if you "fully recovered".

p00293

Hi man, as you've already noted, unfortunately there are a couple of mentally ill people in this forum, and the mods refuse to handle the situation. Specifically p00293. This dude never lifted anything in his life (he uploaded pictures recently, you can easily tell), so obviously he has nothing to add on this topic. Beyond clearly being mentally ill, he's under the assumption dating is the only reason to live, and the sole reason for doing LL. And to top all of that he also has the social skills of a chimpanzee (and I'm being generous). He's behaving like a pathetic, miserable loser in every single thread. So, really, it's best just to ignore him and move on.

Now that we got this out of the way, I'll do my best to help as I'm in a somewhat similar position. I can't talk about recovery because I just finished lengthening, but my starting height was similar to yours, and while I'm nowhere near your numbers, I did squat about 360.

The mods just don't care about a couple of crying soyboys. No one does. fk off back to reddit.

You have the T levels of a 14 year old Korean girl so I'm very sure the only lifting you do seriously is lifting the spoon to shovel more lentils, tofu, and soybeans in your mouth.

bookedbooksies

• Visitor

hey buddy boyo
can you point to where you found negativity in my post? I thought you were a high testosterone man so i didnt sugarcoat it for you and gave it to you straight - you will never recover to your old potential after LL. thats it. you can try and live in fantasy land if you want to but it wont change reality. LL is a major surgery involving controlled breaking of your legs and extending the legs in a controlled fashion with the associated soft tissue expansion

consider this

youre 34 yo now, by the time you find your nuts and decide to do the surgery you would be 35-36, you will be 1 year out of the gym for sure while doing the femurs(first before the tibia), and then you will not be able to put extra weight on your legs for a good 6-8 months after. basic maths gives us you being almost 38 years old by the time you will be able to try to put back 8 plates on that bar. and we are talking here femurs, if you want tibias after add 1.5 more years to that

im sorry but this is the true reality despite what other cucks would try and delude you about muh recovery

First of all, you are right that this place is full of mentally ill people

Second, you wont be back to your best self afterwards but by lengthening conservative amounts you will be able to come close. From my personal observations of diaries and videos on the web, it seems that people who lengthened a max of 6-6.5cms on their femurs got back to a pretty good level of athletisism. About tibias, if you would lengthen 2-4cms I believe the same will apply.

Going from 5'3/5'4 to around 5'7 imo is worth it

notice how he said "back to a pretty good level". it means not 100%, it means 70-80%, best case scenario 85-90% if youre very young like 18 yo, but youre almost 40 when youre done with LL so have to face reality

I'm doing LL with Dr. Rozbruch, who is one of the best (if not the best) LL doctor in the world. I specifically asked him about weightlifting in my consultation, as I care about it as well, and he told me about weightlifters and bodybuilders doing LL and recovering. You also have Victor (Cyborg 4 Life) who did lengthening on one leg due to leg discrepancy and he's a competing bodybuilder.

It's important to understand that the process is very individualistic, and while the assumption is less lengthening = better and faster recovery, it's still impossible to tell where exactly you're going to be after LL.

The short answer is, if you're still competing and it's important for you - it's probably best to wait with LL, until you're done with that part of your life. If you are, and treat it more of a hobby (a very serious one, nonetheless) - then you can do LL. You'll be lifting weights again, but you need to come to peace with the reasonable scenario that you may not reach these numbers again. Just the fact that your bio-mechanics are different (especially if you only do one segment) is enough to make your squat worse, even if you "fully recovered".

no competing lifter would be able to get back to his old strength and form after LL, stop deluding the poor guy. and also victor did unilateral tibia extension at like 20 yo for an inch and a half because of his damaged growth plate on one leg, and he was an amateur bodybuilder on top of being a roider so not exactly prime example of getting back to the game

now find me some pro ifbb pro who did LL and then came back and competed again at a pro level and we can talk then

and stop equating price with "muhh best doctor". we understand youre pot committed after giving 130k for rozbruch because of the outrageous healthcare costs in fatmerica where 5 days hospital stay costs 70k usd but he is nowhere near the "best". may I remind you when Rozbruch was asked if he would cover complications he said YES but only he will waive his surgery fee, you still have to pay hospital fees at the tune of 80k usd for 5 days. so boo-hoo for you. muh best

and what does even "best" mean?

these docs do controlled insertion of a nail in a straight bone and controlled breaks, what exactly is the big expertise in that?

how about you find me some guy with a shattered femur in 8 pieces after a car accident and the doctor put back his bone together and affixed everything with plates, in a 7 hour surgery, now that would be impressive!

also why is every soycuck on here insisting that being aware of the scam of modern society means mental illness? just sayin
LIKE A BAWSS
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64498.0
If anyone wants to visit me: put in your google maps 44°31'50.4"N 18°38'58.1"E

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine

let me save the good doctor's time and answer it myself - it is 100% certain you WILL NOT recover to your old strength if you even extend even 1 cm on the femur, let alone doing quadrilateral

A surgeon’s technical skill ultimately determines patient outcomes. Can you say more about your 100% projection?

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy

dboy123

Even though these people here trolling there right somewhat, you can't think that you would recover to your previous self, especially doing 2 surgeries, maybe possibly one but you would still loose athletics ability to a certain extent, but lengthening to a small number would help preserve your athletic ability, but you gotta ask yourself this, is it worth it? If I were you I would lengthen to the safest amount currently offered 5cm tibia and 8cm femur or whatever your body accepts or how you feel and get the most out of it because you might regret it. Also not only that your looking at least 2 years of recovery maybe more if you do two surgeries unless you lengthen both at the same time.
176cm morning height with a 5'10 wing span, wanting to LL to atleast 5'11-6foot with just tibia

Body Builder

With 2 LLs, even for small amounts, your athletic abilities will for sure be reduced.
Also, if you do the amounts you wrote you'll end up with at least 80k dollars minus, with less athletic abilities (more than 10-15% if everything go fine), with about 1,5 year your life lost and still less than average height.

So to speak honestly, even do one LL in femurs for 7-8 cm to lose less money and time and have an almost average height, otherwise do 2 LLs to gain about 14cm (8 fon emurs and 6 on tibia) to have a truly respectable height worthy of all this effort.

(w)heel(s)

• Visitor
Re: I'm 5'4 and dont want to mess up my athletic performance in the long run
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2023, 09:54:59 PM »

My Dear Mates, with all the respect I have to all of you, and all the tolerance I have to any opinions different than mine, let me put this one thing straight:

A good squat, which welcomes you with this itchy seed of doubt once initially picked up from the rack,
which lets you feel like a perfectly tuned machine once you slowly but steadily descend in waiting for inevitable,
which finally lets you feel like a full-thrust starting spaceship, like an animal, like the mighty Atlas holding on his back the entire globe...
which makes you surprised how fast your mood changes and stays like this for the rest of the day...

...seriously, this thing is more important than some silly opinions of the others :)

I don't care about exact numbers (if I lose like 10% of the strength), but being able to continue my delightful workout, only for myself, is the real priority in question.

EndGame

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2023, 10:34:39 PM »

My Dear Mates, with all the respect I have to all of you, and all the tolerance I have to any opinions different than mine, let me put this one thing straight:

A good squat, which welcomes you with this itchy seed of doubt once initially picked up from the rack,
which lets you feel like a perfectly tuned machine once you slowly but steadily descend in waiting for inevitable,
which finally lets you feel like a full-thrust starting spaceship, like an animal, like the mighty Atlas holding on his back the entire globe...
which makes you surprised how fast your mood changes and stays like this for the rest of the day...

...seriously, this thing is more important than some silly opinions of the others :)

I don't care about exact numbers (if I lose like 10% of the strength), but being able to continue my delightful workout, only for myself, is the real priority in question.
Thinking about the biomechanics, femur LL would effectively 'move' the bar father back behind your feet, but tibia LL would not (and perhaps even could 'move' the bar forward).  Doing 5cm tibia plus 2.5cm femurs is reverse the typical but I suspect it might allow for continued ability to squat heavy weights while 2.5 tibias and 5cm Femurs might throw off biomechanics on the squat.

GrowGrow123

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2023, 05:52:40 AM »

If power is what you’re concerned about, then no it’s not likely you will be able to lift quite as much given your age. If you were 21 and doing this surgery, then yeah.

However, I do think you’ll be able to recover the lost leg muscle (and maybe even be more muscular than before).

It’s mostly the biomechanics of having longer femurs that messes up the squat.
Starting Height: 5' 9.5"
Current Height: 6' 0.5"
Wing Span: 6' 2"
Method: Precise 2.2 Femurs
Surgery Date: March 2023
Pages: [1]   Go Up