Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions about people being able to tell if you’ve had the surgery  (Read 892 times)

LG1816

Something I’ve noticed when wearing lifts at a height of 5’9-ish, is that when standing next to people taller than me, my shoulders are sometimes higher than theirs. Obviously, even if you’re technically the same height as people, artificially adding height to your lower extremities doesn’t mean the height of your shoulders, neck, and head match up with some e who is actually that height — which works the same weather you’re wearing lifts or have had LL.

Of course, the answer to this question is dependant on how much you’re lengthening by, but lets assume you only do one segments and go for the usual 5-6cm; are people going to notice that discrepancy between your the upper bodies of two people technically at the same height but with different proportions? I mean, how much do those sort of proportions differ  between people anyway? Can some people be the same height naturally, but have naturally higher shoulders because more of their height is distributed in their legs than their spine?

Would appreciate some insight. Thanks!

Zib

• Visitor

I think 5-6cm do not matter that much. In fact, even 4 inch (2inch in both segments) it does not really matter for your proportions.

I have a friend who is 183cm (6ft) and we have the same sitting height. I am 175cm (5.9). I have also a friend who is a few cm taller than me but my sitting height is taller.

Notlucky

Peoples proportions are different and the only way you can get an accurate estimation is the look up studies online. And there are many good studies out there about how much variance there is.
About lengthening, it really depends on you and your pre OP proportions. Some people would look normal even with 4-5 inch lengthening but some would look abnormal even with 2-3 inch lengthening. It really depends on you, not the surgery
In some cases where the patient has an enormous torso or arms, a 3 inch lengthening may actually improve the proportions

Notlucky

If you manage to stay 1.5  sd below or above average in wingspan, torso/height ratio and femur/tibia ratio ,
Not even your own mother would be able to tell the difference. And a little bit more than that would be noticable if only you look carefully which most people are too busy to notice. It only gets bad when you look very weird and odd.
Before the surgery, you get an X-ray which enables you to measure your proportions and find out how much you can lengthen before looking odd

Terry

• Visitor

If you manage to stay 1.5  sd below or above average in wingspan, torso/height ratio and femur/tibia ratio ,
Not even your own mother would be able to tell the difference. And a little bit more than that would be noticable if only you look carefully which most people are too busy to notice. It only gets bad when you look very weird and odd.
Before the surgery, you get an X-ray which enables you to measure your proportions and find out how much you can lengthen before looking odd
It only depends on the person. Long torso and arms are the best for this surgery.

slowed & reverb

if youre gonna do one segment for 5cm - yes it will be slightly noticeable if your proportions are now normal, meaning the ideal ratio, simply because one segment will be longer. ALTHOUGH if youre gonna do 7-8cms in 2 segments, 3,5 - 4,5 i can tell you right now it wont be visible. The chances of lengthening higher amounts than that are directly proportional to your height. A guy with 175cm can get away with more than a guy with 165cm. Iam speaking generally. Of course there will be people with a body stature that allow them to lengthen more.
Want to get Precice 2 Tibias and Femurs in 2 years 5+4cm
Pages: [1]   Go Up