Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Desire for LL diminished  (Read 909 times)

portnoy

• Visitor
Desire for LL diminished
« on: July 18, 2023, 01:42:18 AM »

Hi,

Not trying to sway anyone one way or another, just want to share my observation.

In short:
When I found out about LL, it opened up a new world for me. For months I researched everything I could, obsessively on this forum reading LL diaries, reviews, googling doctors etc. I even scheduled a consultation with Dr. Becker. I thought I was going to become a new man, with a few more cm's. My goal wasn't that ambitious. I just wanted 5-6 cm, I would be more than happy with that. Basically as much as I could get to stay healthy, proportionally normal, not fk up any biomechanics, minimise the chance of complications and not have people notice it as much. (or not at all)

The day came that I had the consultation, but due to travel delays I could not make it to the consult in time. I was furious, because I knew it would be months before I could see dr Becker for a consult. Went back home and stared at the email for the rescheduling date for a while, closed the laptop and though "I'll confirm a date later".

Went back to regular life and forgot about LL for a while. And to be honest, as I distanced myself from the forum, research etc more, I feel I don't need the surgery anymore. I was 'too deep' into it if that makes sense?

Yes being taller definitely give you (a lot) more "status", girls find you more attractive, your dating pool is larger and makes life just that much easier. However, in this life I have to confidence my way through it and make the best of it.

Maybe in the next life I'll be 190cm and play life on easy mode. ;D

Wish you guys good luck with your LL journey, it does make me happy reading the success stories. Feels like a win for all of us.

Hope you guys reach the height you all want and recover safely.

Singh1

• Visitor
Re: Desire for LL diminished
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2023, 10:16:43 AM »

How tall are you?

AllinStryde

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2023, 08:35:21 PM »

If you were able to "forget about CLL for a while" then you probably don't need it.  This is for the people who are not able to forget about it, and dwell on it daily.  That was me.  I did LL nearly 4 years ago, and I still come back here just to see what is going on in the community and what has developed.  I would ask how tall you are though...because if you're 5'1" trying to get taller, this surgery will make a way bigger difference than the guy who's already 5'10" trying to get "muh 6 feet" because a few Tinderellas thought it would be cool.

Confidence

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2023, 12:56:47 AM »

Your height neurosis was probably never that bad then

Thekollecter

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2023, 02:02:18 AM »

Any complications or tightness you suffer with?

portnoy

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2023, 09:24:27 PM »

If you were able to "forget about CLL for a while" then you probably don't need it.  This is for the people who are not able to forget about it, and dwell on it daily.  That was me.  I did LL nearly 4 years ago, and I still come back here just to see what is going on in the community and what has developed.  I would ask how tall you are though...because if you're 5'1" trying to get taller, this surgery will make a way bigger difference than the guy who's already 5'10" trying to get "muh 6 feet" because a few Tinderellas thought it would be cool.
168.  tiest length to consider LL since the 5-6 cm would impact my length a lot. I think much shorter/taller and the impact of the height increase does not do much.

GrowGrow123

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2023, 09:42:36 PM »

Good for you man! This surgery is absolutely brutal, time consuming, and expensive. If you can live your life without it, then you probably should lol. It’s not for the faint of heart.
Starting Height: 5' 9.5"
Current Height: 6' 0.5"
Wing Span: 6' 2"
Method: Precise 2.2 Femurs
Surgery Date: March 2023

OzzTaller

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2023, 03:35:44 AM »

Then good for you. I believe that the CLL is for those who suffer from height dysporia, not for those who are actually fine with their height but they just want to get a bit taller (not a problem though, they can use their money for whatever they want). I'm short and I'm suffering from that anxiety. I desperately need that surgery.
Pages: [1]   Go Up