Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: why does my fibula hurt so much from ilizarov  (Read 790 times)

Beemer m3

why does my fibula hurt so much from ilizarov
« on: September 11, 2023, 04:27:04 AM »

after a few days moving around with my heel my fibula starts to ache alot. im using a heel lift. at the breakage site my fibula is in so much pain at certain times. im afraid of walking in the future because of the pain. any reason why theres so much pain. on my other side theres not much pain at all. im using an icepack atm. anybody know why?

https://imgur.com/a/OCZm2x2
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

Bagga

Re: why does my fibula hurt so much from ilizarov
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2023, 07:18:56 AM »

after a few days moving around with my heel my fibula starts to ache alot. im using a heel lift. at the breakage site my fibula is in so much pain at certain times. im afraid of walking in the future because of the pain. any reason why theres so much pain. on my other side theres not much pain at all. im using an icepack atm. anybody know why?

https://imgur.com/a/OCZm2x2
I think it is better to consult your doctor rather than this Forum.

DanishViking

• The more a women cares about height the more...
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2023, 07:53:09 AM »

First of all this is what can happen if you do tibia since if you don't align the tibia bone with the fibula bone perfectly your much more likely to having future issues.

But what you also got to remember is that it can take for individuals 2 years after removal before they start to have no pain.

Beemer m3

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2023, 08:26:54 AM »

just coming onto the forum for experience users or even help the forum for information for upcoming surgeries. my guess right now is i have an Achilles tendonitis. its been hurting more today .
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

Beemer m3

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2023, 09:21:56 AM »

i dont think its my tendon that is hurting because i have been massaging it. it is coming from my fibula. after moving so hard with the heel shoe my fibular is in so much pain.
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

NailedLegs

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2023, 04:12:04 PM »

I think it is better to consult your doctor rather than this Forum.

This.

Your Doctor is best suited in helping you with this. If you chose an inexperienced Doctor, then it may be worth seeing a different one and asking them if you are that concerned.
"Welcome to the worst nightmare of all... reality!"

Current LL plan:
QLL in Early 2025 using the PRECICE nail with Dr. Birkholtz.
4cm tibia, 4cm femur. One year later, re-break for another 4+4. 167cm -> 175cm -> 183cm

Beemer m3

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2023, 04:15:38 PM »

im back again. i was legthening for a few days 1mm and its gotten alot better. after a few weeks i start lengthening 1.3mm a day (2nd day).. i felt that was a bad thing. my fibula area starts hurting so much when im laying in a flat position. the only way it feels better is my heel shoe i have to stretch it tight where it curves my foot. its bad because its only one leg. after today im going back to 1mm. its going to be hard to sleep because the heel shoe is tight when i usually let it loose for sleep. the pain is unbearable when laying there resting if i dont adjust the heel shoe.
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

NailedLegs

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2023, 06:45:31 AM »

im back again. i was legthening for a few days 1mm and its gotten alot better. after a few weeks i start lengthening 1.3mm a day (2nd day).. i felt that was a bad thing. my fibula area starts hurting so much when im laying in a flat position. the only way it feels better is my heel shoe i have to stretch it tight where it curves my foot. its bad because its only one leg. after today im going back to 1mm. its going to be hard to sleep because the heel shoe is tight when i usually let it loose for sleep. the pain is unbearable when laying there resting if i dont adjust the heel shoe.

Lengthening 1.0mm a day on Tibias isn't recommended, let alone 1.3mm!

Who is your Doctor?

You need to consult with a new one soon, you are going to seriously hurt yourself ! Stop!
"Welcome to the worst nightmare of all... reality!"

Current LL plan:
QLL in Early 2025 using the PRECICE nail with Dr. Birkholtz.
4cm tibia, 4cm femur. One year later, re-break for another 4+4. 167cm -> 175cm -> 183cm

DanishViking

• The more a women cares about height the more...
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2023, 11:13:47 AM »

Nailedlegs is right. The recommended lengthening speed is 0,75 mm pr day...

Beemer m3

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2023, 11:27:15 AM »

Most doctors around here is usually 1mm. I have been careful with my self and do 1.3mm but stop in between times on my left side. My left side is very strong for some reason.

I've found a new technique that relieves the pain . The side of the couch is a skinny part (where your arm lay rest) I can rest my leg calf muscle on for 15 minutes and it will get numb after. I massage it and put ice afterwards.  My leg has dramatically reduced the pain while I'm in a flat laying position. If I do this a few more times I will have strengthen my muscles. I think it was nerve pain that was happening to me.

It's like rolling your calf muscles with a bottle or something during pt but the couch has a stronger effect.
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

Beemer m3

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2023, 09:26:44 AM »

I've developed a new pain now on my left leg. I took off my heel shoe to do a quick stationary bike ride. I usually have my heel shoe 24 /7 so after the bike ride I feel a really burning sensation on left bottom area. I notice if I lay down with my feet thats when the burning sensation happens. I also notice I got to tighten my heel shoe so it doesn't burn when laying down. That's so bad I don't know how I'm going to heal from this. Most time I usually find a solution.
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

Pages: [1]   Go Up