Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Almost done  (Read 545 times)

IimblengethingTURKEY

• Visitor
Almost done
« on: September 21, 2023, 07:51:02 PM »

Almost done.  Had my fixators removed 4 days ago. I lengthened 6.5cm on femur LON method

If you have any questions besides accommodation and stuff then I can help,  I'm an Australian living in Istanbul so I didn't need it. I learnt a important things the hard way and if I can help in any way I'm here.

Omar

Re: Almost done
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2023, 08:37:30 PM »

you are very courageous to have done it in Türkiye my brother. Do you think you can regain your abilities or is it way too great?

IimblengethingTURKEY

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2023, 08:46:20 PM »

I'm confident I can but everyday is a grind.  Get up stretch-workout-rest-repeat.  It takes a the same amount mentally than it does physically. I have regrets,  I should have had physio everyday instead of 3 days per week,  I should have strengthened my legs more,  I should have ate more food,  I'm skinny af.  My starting weight was 75kg and I'm now a whopping 61kg.

IimblengethingTURKEY

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2023, 08:52:45 PM »

My fear is that I Dont get back the fat/muscle I had prior to surgery,  like on my legs,  hips etc. My doc and physio tell me I will but it's really hard to imagine, coz I am absolutely thin. If anybody has gained back the weight they lost during LL let me know plz, 

TheDream

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2023, 10:56:40 PM »

What was your experience with pin-site infections?
LON femur sounds terrible for mobility.

IimblengethingTURKEY

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2023, 11:03:34 PM »

I had one infection.  I caught it late though so for those who are doing this surgery,  your pins need to be checked at least once every 2 days. It started off with pain, the more I would do exercises and stretches,  the more the skin got damaged making it easier to get an infection. It begun with pain then, redness followed by swelling. I had minimal puss and my doctor squeezed it out and stitched up part of the skin.

Ye it was painful

IimblengethingTURKEY

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2023, 11:05:25 PM »

As for mobility,  just imagine 2 metals sticking out the sides of your femur. It can be challenging but I got used to it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up